Richey Modified Motors

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2003, 01:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by Taylor-Racing
OK, I guess that's me - I'll explain.
I chimed in because of this:

I simply thought it was provocative and also insulting to deride someone else's work without producing an explaination or an alternative, so I called him on it.
My orriginal post was if you remember:"Comercialized toy! I vote for paper weight! Ask me why!" and you unswer to me you don't wanna debate on it! Am I right (see previose posts)?. Now you are accusing me in insulting Mr. Richey. I first of all I wasn't talking about his work in general at all ( even I didn't have in my mind to insult him at all), I was talking about particular project which is on the photo ( I don't like what was done on the engine),secondly-I offer explanation "ask me why" and you personaly denied! Third- I voted for paper weight-I mentioned it is my personal opinion! May be I am wrong, who knows? Even you don't know it (you can vote for whatever you want to).
But you started all this things and more then everybody else, it looks like, you wannted to this provocative debate. What I wanted to on the beginning to debate about the engine which is on the photo-is this a bad issue to debate? But you turned all my words around and brought as a insult for Mr. Richey.
You call us to the competion-I believed everybody accepted. (see posts above). Also it was mentioned it was end of story till further notice and everybody has to be patient!
Mr. Richey has tramendouse expirience and knowledge in modifying engines-I respect it very much, but I still have my personal opinion and still (regardlees whatever anybody say) I believe I can bit him (on the engine competions). To bit Mr. Richey (on the engines competition) I need a lot of expirience and knowlodge in engine theory and design and let see if I have enough. So, if I win I will be right, if I loose I will be wrong-what else you need? Don't you think if I loose I will not accept that Mr Richey better then I? I will (but only after I loose)!!!!!!!!!! Today, I don't know who is better! Mr Richey is very popular and very well known engine modifier, but don't you think samebody can be the same or better?
I have some problems with my english, may be, somebody understood me differently, not what I wanted to say, but before accusing me in insulting-isn't it better to verify if that what I was meaning!
I think, I put enough explanation for everybody to stop this. We will see, when I am ready to compite with work of Mr. Richey, who is better. But I am not gonna give up untill I actualy loose!
Old 06-02-2003, 03:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

You said "Comercialized toy! I vote for paper weight" and then wanted someone to ask you why,Well,WHYYYYYYYYYYYYY?

I read you're Russian(visited chechnya recently J/K)and i know you have some problems with the english language but that's not why people are jumping all over you,it's because as was said you flap your gums and don't back it up with much.Maybe you can put up a couple of pics of your work so people at least know that you are an engine tuner and then explain why you thought the pic put up by Dookiestick wasn't very good!!!
Old 06-02-2003, 03:45 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by EVOLUTION
You said "Comercialized toy! I vote for paper weight" and then wanted someone to ask you why,Well,WHYYYYYYYYYYYYY?

I read you're Russian(visited chechnya recently J/K)and i know you have some problems with the english language but that's not why people are jumping all over you,it's because as was said you flap your gums and don't back it up with much.Maybe you can put up a couple of pics of your work so people at least know that you are an engine tuner and then explain why you thought the pic put up by Dookiestick wasn't very good!!!
Well first serios request! Yes, tonight I will put some picks from my job, and after that I won't be angree if somebody will tell me-What you did is not really good-it will be their opinion! So, till tonight!
Old 06-02-2003, 03:56 PM
Tech Master

Dookiesticks post was not deragatory it was pride in the engine he owns

His paperweight reference was to the fact he would prefer to keep it virgin as to running it.

Obviously 777 did not realize that that is one of my engines I did for Dookiestick.

Heres where the issue comes in, He referred to my work as good for nothing short of a paperweight in a deragatory sense.

I took offence. It is natural I would.

As far as monoplies go there is room for everyone.

Some guys just don't get it. If your going to come in this string and criticize you should expect a response.

777 has been posting in other strings a while now and I may not agree with him, I consider what he has to say and move on. I kept my mouth shut until he came here, I have a right to defend myself.

As for the smeltz thing I will say it one more time, he and I had an issue, it was between us end of story. We settled it like gentlemen so where do some of you guys get off sticking your noses in our business. Its not yours and you need to let it go.

Ironicly those who do the most criticizing on this forum don't race competitivly most of the time anyway, so most of the time I take it with a grain of salt.

I'm not gods gift to engine tuning, I am good at it and did start the big power 12 modified craze. I have passed on baskets full of val;uable information to other individuals on their own personal engine quest. That is all end of story. If you don't like me thats cool, just dont come to my front yard and poke me in the eye unprovoked. Thats a fair request.

but don't you think samebody can be the same or better?
without question, there always is.

Last edited by Motorman; 06-02-2003 at 04:55 PM.
Old 06-02-2003, 08:14 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by Motorman
Thats evident.
Let's not push him any further. Apparently, english is not his mother tongue. From what I can tell, the words and sentences he constructs apparently comes from a direct translation from different language altogether. His replies may sound derogatory or insulting at some times but that is how it is. The more he replies, the more misquoted he gets and it ends no where. Let us not pick on the words he chooses (or the lack of it) to express himself and let his actions speak louder than his words.
Old 06-02-2003, 08:24 PM
Tech Initiate

Casting aspersions on someone's handiwork without explanatory remarks marks the poster as dishonorable or disingenuous. In legal terms, it might even be libel or slander, depending on the mode of communication.

BTW, English isn't my mother tongue either, but TopGun's remarks speak for themselves and categorize him as a troll, at best.

Last edited by Number9; 06-03-2003 at 06:36 AM.
Old 06-02-2003, 08:36 PM
Tech Elite

Here are some picks of my prevois work, I am not sure if you can see clearly, there is a roller needle bearing on the conrod on crancshaft side.

Sorry, I got to be remove this pic. If somebody interesting on it, you are welcom to contact to me in private maner.

Last edited by Top Gun 777; 06-18-2003 at 04:08 PM.
Old 06-02-2003, 08:39 PM
Tech Elite

Here is sleeve with piston from .15, and ventury on my OPS .60
Attached Thumbnails Richey Modified Motors-leos-025.jpg  
Old 06-02-2003, 08:41 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Top Gun 777
Well first serios request! Yes, tonight I will put some picks from my job, and after that I won't be angree if somebody will tell me-What you did is not really good-it will be their opinion! So, till tonight!
Here is my .60 OPS with some tether boat's half submerged impelers (impellers are fully hand made by me)
Attached Thumbnails Richey Modified Motors-leos-026.jpg  
Old 06-02-2003, 09:25 PM
Tech Master

Just for you

OS 81 Marine Custom

91 nelson piston and sleeve
Billet drum housing and custom drum
Billet rod
Custom crank/heavy metal balanced
Custom head/have twin plug
Crankcase loading Carb Exhaust throttle combo
7.4+ dynoed HP

and no you do not want to know what that muther cost.
Attached Thumbnails Richey Modified Motors-custom91.jpg  
Old 06-02-2003, 09:27 PM
Tech Master

got to admit your tether boat props look pretty good. reminds me of some older JG stuf I still have.
Old 06-02-2003, 10:07 PM
Tech Elite

Just for you

OS 81 Marine Custom

91 nelson piston and sleeve
Billet drum housing and custom drum
Billet rod
Custom crank/heavy metal balanced
Custom head/have twin plug
Crankcase loading Carb Exhaust throttle combo
7.4+ dynoed HP

and no you do not want to know what that muther cost.
Thank you very much for your replay!
I think, I saw simmilar engine in 1992 on the world cup in Bryansk-it was rocking, but Team from China brought Picco 90, modifyed by them-it was something unbelivble. Is this engine for FSR HYDRO 15?
We ballansed our shafts by Wolframium too.
That OPS 60 before mod was 2.5 hp @ 26 ,000, after mode (changed piston on higher concentration of Silicon, replaced conrod with bearing, changed timing on exhaust to 185,changed geometry of the sleeve, custom made tuned pipe)-3.6HP @31,000 (plain fuel 80% Methanol, 20% Castor oil, 0% nitro, it is ruled by Naviga). The max speed on this engine I pulled out 204 km/h
Price for it-I never think about it.

Last edited by Top Gun 777; 06-03-2003 at 04:10 PM.
Old 06-02-2003, 10:19 PM
Tech Elite

got to admit your tether boat props look pretty good. reminds me of some older JG stuf I still have.
Thank you Motorman. This impellers made out of high concentrated carbon steel, Heat threeted to 38-40 Rockwell. They are in diameter from 52 to 55 mm with pitch from 170 to 200 mm(depend of the water and wether conditions). Usualy we made them for particular competion. To make one it ook for me 10-12 hours ( needs check pitch and width of the wings every 0.5 mm, I did it before heat threting and after too-hell of a job I tell you.
Old 06-03-2003, 12:53 AM
Tech Elite

I'm not gods gift to engine tuning, I am good at it and did start the big power 12 modified craze. I have passed on baskets full of val;uable information to other individuals on their own personal engine quest. That is all end of story.
I've been reading this thread since their posts, here I got lots of valuable information regarding engines and modifying them for getting more power from those angry cockroaches.

Along with the information that got from other engine tuners, found my own path to get more power, got some ideas from here and some from there. Don't want to get a copycat from someone.

On a relatively short time found a suitable set of mods that make mine engines be real quick, much probably this Summer at the 200mm Euros will have some engines competing on a pair friends cars, until now have been performed quite good at National levels.

Some time ago, Dennis decided to left this thread alone without the soul that powered it (themself) and this thread is something like a zombie, expect that someday Dennis will start another time answering questions from the people that in the past were lots of valuable information.
Old 06-03-2003, 01:00 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by Number9
BTW, English isn't my mother tongue either, but TopGun's remarks speak for themselves and categorize him as a troll, at best.
English is not my mother tongue either... Unfortunately for some people, the english language can be a little difficult to master and everything English that comes out from them (verbal or written) can be a little rude or direct at times and this can lead to a lot of misinterpretation especially in a forum like this. I'm sure you know what I mean. But not being proficient in the English language does not mean that we need to brand him a troll or even a terrorist Everybody is entitled to participate and contribute.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.