R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 06-01-2003, 01:51 PM   #1396
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Its not his motivation its his method or cant you see that. droppin his sorry self in here and taking a pot shot at me is the sum total of his contribution here. I didn't ask for it so he can take his mouth some where else.

You find that noble?

and by the way my last name is spelled RICHEY!
Old 06-01-2003, 06:36 PM   #1397
Tech Addict

Dennis,

You probably should take all this as an indirect compilment. Think about it, what the best form of flatery? Copying !!!!!! Besides it's like back in elementary school playing king of the hill. You're the king, everyone knows it. So they got to challenge you!!!! There have been other before him, there will be others after him. Everyone around knows your record speaks for itself.

BTW: you guys need to make one more decision on the engine shootout. Are you guys comparing ROAR legal race engines, or "anything goes, balls to the wall" engines??

I know who'll win regardless, I just don't want someone to say "you didn't say we could do that, the shootout was unfair".
tekrsq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2003, 09:58 PM   #1398
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Are you guys comparing ROAR legal race engines, or "anything goes, balls to the wall" engines??
Old 06-02-2003, 03:28 AM   #1399
Tech Regular

Hey Dennis ,
Long time no see ......... glad to see you are back on the forum .
To Topgun , before you start ripping on Mr. Richey's "paper weights" ........try hitting the SPELL CHECK button .

"Don't sing it ...........Bring it "

RTU = "fastest paper weight on the track "
RCsilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2003, 03:35 AM   #1400
Tech Apprentice

Default Huh?

I sure didn't think my praise of Mr. Ritchey's product would bring this kinda crap on!! The funny thing is that I am so proud of this engine that I bought from him, that I don't want to put any fuel through it for fear of blasphemy to the point of no return!
Look again!
I guess one day i'll race it in my STS PRO II 2K3 or put both up for sale.
Dookiestick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2003, 06:00 AM   #1401
Tech Master

I gotta agree with Nitrodude. Maybe people should quieten down and give the man a chance.

Dennis is boasting about results from his engines but so far there has hardly been a car with his engine in it make the Top 5 in the UK National rounds in either rubber or foam and none have won anything yet other than a couple of club rounds.

I will be at the Europeans racing so maybe Dennis would be kind enough to post a full list of the drivers using his engines at it so I can watch how they get on.
modellor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2003, 07:00 AM   #1402
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by modellor
I gotta agree with Nitrodude. Maybe people should quieten down and give the man a chance.

Dennis is boasting about results from his engines but so far there has hardly been a car with his engine in it make the Top 5 in the UK National rounds in either rubber or foam and none have won anything yet other than a couple of club rounds.

I will be at the Europeans racing so maybe Dennis would be kind enough to post a full list of the drivers using his engines at it so I can watch how they get on.
OK, I guess that's me - I'll explain.
I chimed in because of this:

Quote:
Originally posted by Top Gun 777
Comercialized toy! I vote for paper weight! Ask me why! [/B]
I simply thought it was provocative and also insulting to deride someone else's work without producing an explaination or an alternative, so I called him on it.

I asked him to produce his alternative engine and then pushed him on it because of the original provocation. That's it.

Patella pointed out some of the issues regarding top driver/engine combinations and I figured the only objective measurement was to put them on the track at the same time.

Finally, Top Gun may be an excellent tuner, but:
1. We have yet to see an engine.
2. It does't excuse rudeness.
Taylor-Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2003, 07:01 AM   #1403
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to Cartman

got to corect you there modellor

the rubber engines as yet have not been run as there was a missunderstanding that they use differant rules to effra.
and Chris Slater WON the Halifax nationals using a efra 3 port Richey!!

Last edited by Cartman; 06-02-2003 at 07:10 AM.
Cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2003, 07:06 AM   #1404
Tech Elite

Default Re: Huh?

Quote:
Originally posted by Dookiestick
<SNIP>
The funny thing is that I am so proud of this engine that I bought from him, that I don't want to put any fuel through it for fear of blasphemy to the point of no return!
<SNIP>
Dookie,

I can help you out with this . . . send me that engine.
Taylor-Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2003, 07:06 AM   #1405
al
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via AIM to al

after recently getting a first hand look at how the rtu stacks up against the hotter engines out there at the texas biggie, IMO the rtu speaks for itself and it definately shined on the track. being that this is my first rtu engine it has quickly turned into the engine i only want to break out for the bigger events.
al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2003, 07:28 AM   #1406
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by Motorman
yes it does, it is done that way intentionally, I want it to stick!!!!!!
Old Skool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2003, 07:28 AM   #1407
Tech Master

I hadnt seen the Halifax results until now but I was commenting on the other races. Congratulations Dennis, you got a win in the UK.
But I will ask one question. What happened to Mark Greens car? He could drive circles round any of the others in that final regardless of what engine they are running.
Old 06-02-2003, 08:32 AM   #1408
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Taylor-Racing
OK, I guess that's me - I'll explain.
I chimed in because of this:
I wasnt directing at you personally. It was just in general. Like Nitrodude said this whole thing happened before with Smeltz and I personally dont think their is any need to go through the whole process again.

Any posts I have made are just my personal comments. I respect motormans knowledge as an engine tuner but his attitude towards others is less than perfect. Why did he go off on one with Nitrodude for making an unbiased comment and then snipe about the spelling of his name when there are many posts throughout the internet in general with his name spelt wrong?
Old 06-02-2003, 08:58 AM   #1409
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to Cartman

Quote:
Originally posted by modellor
I hadnt seen the Halifax results until now but I was commenting on the other races. Congratulations Dennis, you got a win in the UK.
But I will ask one question. What happened to Mark Greens car? He could drive circles round any of the others in that final regardless of what engine they are running.
results http://www.tenthic.com/rrhal03.htm

mark green ran a touring car body
Old 06-02-2003, 09:05 AM   #1410
Tech Master

That explains it. Thanks Cartman.

Now, would that not boil down to the same story of equal machinery. Its apparent the engine is fast but when the drivers are running different shells due to preparing for the European Championships you cant judge properly whether the engine was the winning factor or the fact that the Lola shell gives a lot more grip than the TC shell that Mark Green was running.