Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 03-08-2003, 09:14 PM   #1321
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

closed
Old 03-09-2003, 06:32 AM   #1322
JUN
Tech Adept

Last edited by JUN; 03-12-2003 at 04:18 PM.
JUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2003, 02:31 PM   #1323
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by JUN
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

We've just lost our best source of engine and performance info,to all those who pissed motorman off may God have mercy on your souls.

I think there should be a minute silence tomorrow at 4:14 AM(the time the thread was closed)and maybe motorman might reconsider,PLEASEEEEEEEE.
lol
nova racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2003, 05:42 PM   #1324
Tech Fanatic

i dont know what put him over the top but it seems motorman has deleted all of his posts

guess he took his ball and went home

i hope this doesnt mean he wont be selling his engines on ebay

im just glad i had the chance to read all of the stuff he had posted

i know i got alot of very usefull info from him i hope i can remember it all
jason102276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2003, 06:55 PM   #1325
JUN
Tech Adept

I hope this doesn't mean motorman has left the building.
JUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2003, 02:07 PM   #1326
Tech Elite

Seems that Motorman has got quite angry and edited all of their posts .

Seems that is trying to delete all of their bits of information that given to all who asked for nothing. We lost a great valuable source of information. I expect that Dennis should reconsider their decission and return to this board.

I respect their decission but like many others I'll be quite sad and peased for this lost. Probably many people should take a moment and think about their past acts.
[quote=MugenDrew;2684554]BATTERIES are for FLASH LIGHTS, gasoline is for cleanin parts, alcohol is for me to drink and well NITRO...everybody know thats for racing.[/quote] :D:D:D
Corse-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2003, 10:37 AM   #1327
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Send a message via ICQ to Boomer Send a message via AIM to Boomer

Yep, people trying to tell him that ownership of his intellectual property is wrong. . .I'd get pi$$ed too.
Old 03-12-2003, 02:16 PM   #1328
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

What happened? someone tried to tell him that he had no right to own his original idea? If he came up with it it's his. How is there any grey area to that? What is the matter with you people? If all you want is to fight do the world a favor. Stick your head in a garbage bag, tie it tight around your neck, then FIGHT for air. Leave things that really don't matter to you, other than it's something to argue about, to the people that do care about them.

Jon
Jon Carlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2003, 03:22 PM   #1329
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Send a message via ICQ to Boomer Send a message via AIM to Boomer

Swen,

How do you like your CN Head?
Old 03-12-2003, 03:45 PM   #1330
Regional Moderator

It's light and it looks awesome. I haven't been able to run it yet though. ND winters are a little cold for nitro. But it might be around 50 this weekend so next week hopefully. Crossing my fingers.

Jon
Old 03-12-2003, 05:03 PM   #1331
Tech Fanatic

hey swen what is up
ilaybrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2003, 08:12 PM   #1332
Regional Moderator

Not alot here. Waiting for snow to melt and things to dry up. Keeping busy with school. How about with you? And yes we're still on for the thing . The weather getting nice enough there to run outside?
Old 03-13-2003, 02:15 AM   #1333
Tech Elite

Default This is an old post from Dennis.

I wanted to post an old reply made by Dennis to a question from Nova Racer some time ago (almost just a year ago). Read it and seemed much interesting and kept on a safe place for reading.

Now that Dennis has edited all of their posts and removed all of their info, probably is interesting to all the people who want to understand how works an engine like we use. Sorry, no pics only good information and advice reading and understanding is needed.

Expect that people appreciate the words and knowledge of Dennis and Dennis should excuse me for posting this info, humans sometimes needs a second oportunity.

Nova Racer posted at 23-03-2002

OK i have a question motorman tell me if i an wright or wrong. the longer the crank valve is oped the more top end power you will have and if the crank opens sooner than stock the more lowend power you will have and the longer the exaust and the crank is open the more scavenging you will have in turn making a lot of high rpm power. well i am lost. please help me with this tech question and explain it better please.

Motorman posted at ??-??-????:

What crank duration does is this. (however keep in mind that there is a point of diminishing returns)

I am going to throw out some arbitrary numbers to make a piont, these are not measured but only stated to put it in an understandable perspective. If I threw out all the details I would be out of business in a real hurry.

We are limited to 5.5 MM bore carbs to be roar legal. so Picture this

One full crank rotation is 360 degrees ( a full circle)
If the window is open 160 degrees of that and draws air for that period of time lets say it draws 10 cubic feet of air per minute or CFM.(not measured just a good number to work with so it makes sense)

Now lets say that the crank duration is increased to 210 degrees so it has increased by 50 degrees. or 7.2 percent. This in turn makes the engine think the carb is 6.26 MM bore. at least it flows the equivilent amount of air per 360 degrees of rotation of the engine.

do you see how this could add top end and still keep the carb bore legal 5.5 MM

This is also why you can see a small loss in low end torque because the low speed velocity can fall off when you start adding duration. (there is a point where reversion begins to take place and a significant loss of low speed torque will develop requiring a new crank)

Ports. Ports in number mean nothing. It is more important that they be sized properly to maintain peak velocity into the cylinder. Bigger and more is not always better as to big slows velocity hurting low end torque. More ports are only usefull if they actually add to REAL crankcase flow and induce tumble and swirl into the cylinder. The same can be accompolished with 3 holes or 12 holes it is how those holes are shaped, arranged and sized that matters. They must work in harmony and not be flow dominate independantly of each other.

Exhaust ports. Increased exhaust timing will add top end but at the expense of low speed torque and fuel mileage. (there is also a point of diminishing returns here.)

all in all all of this is irrelevant if you cant get it out the exhaust pipe. (ie 5 mm stinger) Also remember I am not saying that you cannot get more performance even with a 5 MM stinger limit as it becomes a top end control and even if the engine had a 6.2 MM carb it still may be only 80% effecient so really only flow like 5.5. 5.5 MM carbs with stock timing on most 12 engines may only folw like a 4 MM carb due to effeciency drops.

I've said alot so I guess I'll stop now.
[quote=MugenDrew;2684554]BATTERIES are for FLASH LIGHTS, gasoline is for cleanin parts, alcohol is for me to drink and well NITRO...everybody know thats for racing.[/quote] :D:D:D
Corse-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2003, 04:30 AM   #1334
Tech Regular

that has been etched into my brain and i now have a lot better understanding on how to make power after i have destoryed a few motors i have got the hang of crank rotor timing and man it made all the difference in the world made my tr 12 wake up big time as far as numbers i have not time to test and find the limits that dennis talked about but i was not trying to hit a home run just 1 base at a time. we have some of the best info on the net dam the luck but looks like our water has run dry lol i guess dennis has had enough but i will say i have learned so much words describe. thank's Dennis

but all of the people that have been here for a year or so have read all of these posts and i am willing to bet most remember most of the info shared. and i hope we can answer questions as best as we can and in a adult manner

We all see where nit picking got us
Attached Images
File Type: gif 10lge.gif (35.1 KB, 247 views)
nova racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2003, 10:54 AM   #1335
Tech Master

Guys,

Look at the first post on the previous page form 'RC'. It is a downloadable file of all the good info on this whole thread before all the info deleted by Dennis.

And all the crap and arguing has been cut out to make it better reading.
modellor is offline   Reply With Quote