R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 12-13-2002, 08:19 AM   #1021
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Motorman
If people got left out thats just the way it is. There are other options. At the time I was the only option.

On another note I got tired of bounced checks, weasle dealers, and non payment for engines. I have 54 engines on the books unpaid for.
Dennis:

To give you some ideas about payment. I use Jim Greenemeyer motors for my electric cars. Jim is a very respectable people, but, he can talk with the customer and the customer place an order, but for Jim, this order isn't really places until he gets a money order (not checks, not bank transfer, not COD, no bull... only cash) until this step Jim not moves one finger for those order.

To get access for engines made by Jim, you may need to wait up to 5 months (quite orders from people), but are real quick and fine, during a year I can use up to 8 motors from Jim (in fact, I'm awaiting some practice motors for this winter that I've ordered at July, season motors are ordered and awaiting to be at Spain at march or April).

If you some day work like Jim taking orders, for sure that you can avoid many headaches b/c you don't pay the engine is the customer thay paid their engine in advance... And many people (and I'm into this group) gladly pay their engine in advance to get one (or two...).

BTW: I'm rebuilding a 454 GM BB (Mark VI I suppose) for marine use - broken in two a piston and gouge a conrod - and having some technical questions (I know that is a little of topic, but I will appreciate if you can answer some questions by PM or e-mail).
[quote=MugenDrew;2684554]BATTERIES are for FLASH LIGHTS, gasoline is for cleanin parts, alcohol is for me to drink and well NITRO...everybody know thats for racing.[/quote] :D:D:D

Last edited by Corse-R; 12-13-2002 at 08:21 AM.
Corse-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2002, 08:27 AM   #1022
Tech Regular

Dennis-
Like I said, I have you to thank for my Engine.
I am just tired of people sitting here and Doggng other Engine modifiers. Mainly Smeltz. I have Smeltz. I like it. He has nothing but good things to say about you. From what I understand is that he has taken one of your engines and Use it as a template. i know for a fact that he is doing his own research now on different mods. That it self should tell you what he thinks of you. I would be flattered if that had happened to me. You prob do understand that. But it seems that no one else does.

This is supposed to be a fun hobby. Sometimes people take it a bit to far. Yes the factory guys are serious- they have to be, to get us racers to buy the coolest and fastest stuff(sometimes).

As far as engines producing engines thing. You quit last year to investigate NTC3 hopups. That is your option as a business owner. Smeltz came in to with Engines to supply the racers after you quit or about that time. I am not sure exactly when.

Pattela - Go buy a JP at a local hobby store. You will pay easy $50, or close to that more then a Smeltz, I can not comment on Richey's prices. For I dont know them. Don't tell me it a money thing. We have JP's on shelf out here I know what they cost.
2Fast4U2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2002, 08:47 AM   #1023
Tech Regular

nova racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2002, 09:17 AM   #1024
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to patelladragger

Quote:
Originally posted by 2Fast4U2
Dennis-
Like I said, I have you to thank for my Engine.
I am just tired of people sitting here and Doggng other Engine modifiers. Mainly Smeltz. I have Smeltz. I like it. He has nothing but good things to say about you. From what I understand is that he has taken one of your engines and Use it as a template. i know for a fact that he is doing his own research now on different mods. That it self should tell you what he thinks of you. I would be flattered if that had happened to me. You prob do understand that. But it seems that no one else does.

This is supposed to be a fun hobby. Sometimes people take it a bit to far. Yes the factory guys are serious- they have to be, to get us racers to buy the coolest and fastest stuff(sometimes).

As far as engines producing engines thing. You quit last year to investigate NTC3 hopups. That is your option as a business owner. Smeltz came in to with Engines to supply the racers after you quit or about that time. I am not sure exactly when.

Pattela - Go buy a JP at a local hobby store. You will pay easy $50, or close to that more then a Smeltz, I can not comment on Richey's prices. For I dont know them. Don't tell me it a money thing. We have JP's on shelf out here I know what they cost.
2fast you need lighten up man. Didn't you get the essence of my post? I said the same thing you're saying. However smeltz has lowered his prices considerably he quoted me at 330 dollars for a sirio mod back when they first came out which is more than a 3 port jp at any store I've seen. His story was "the sirio and pixie are so difficult to mod I have to charge more for them." That didn't sit well with me so I didn't buy it. But my post says that doesn't mean anyone else shouldn't so not sure why you're so adamant that smeltz is being dogged.
patelladragger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2002, 08:33 AM   #1025
Tech Regular

ttt
nova racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2002, 03:48 PM   #1026
Tech Master

I was just wondering Dennis, when you advance the timing of an engine do you mainly modify the engine casing or do you manufacture a new sleeve from a blank. Not wanting any fine details or secrets, etc.

I was just wondering because the way I see it, by working primarily on the casing you are just increasing the amount of time the intake and outlet ports are open together which just pushes more fuel out through the exhaust whereas if you manufacture a new sleeve from a blank to suit then you actually increase the actual timing of the engine to gain better performance.

What are your views?
modellor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2002, 03:52 PM   #1027
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Last edited by Motorman; 03-08-2003 at 08:48 PM.
Motorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2002, 04:15 PM   #1028
Tech Master

Thanks. I see where you are coming from and I believe you are right or else your engines wouldn't be as fast as they are.
Old 12-17-2002, 04:23 PM   #1029
Tech Fanatic

does any make a timing wheel for thee rc industry
ilaybrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2002, 04:26 PM   #1030
Tech Master

As far as I am aware any 360 deg protracter will do the job. The hard part is getting a pointer to sit directly at the 0 deg mark (directly above)
Old 12-17-2002, 04:30 PM   #1031
Tech Fanatic

I have hered of lots of rigs but does any make a real one that will hold the sleve and you could rotate the piston on a guide and read the guage
Old 12-18-2002, 06:01 PM   #1032
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to Cartman
Default CALLING MR RICHEY

HI DENIS CAN U GET BACK TO ME ABOUT THE PM PLEASE

THANKS
Old 12-18-2002, 06:01 PM   #1033
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to Cartman
Default CALLING MR RICHEY

HI DENIS CAN U GET BACK TO ME ABOUT THE PM PLEASE

THANKS
Old 12-18-2002, 06:26 PM   #1034
Tech Fanatic

moter man have you seen the 5 port siro yet I have hered they are hiting the street now
Old 12-21-2002, 12:24 AM   #1035
Tech Apprentice

modellor

As far as my motors go, the ones that resembled richey's were produced in very small quantites and done for my friends. The ones that I have been selling do not resemble Richey's except for the button and jetting to the transfer ports. I have always strived to improve on the original. I was only here as an option to other hobbiest who couldn't get an RTU.

patelladragger

I never quoted you $330 for a Sirio, it was a Pixy Black due to my cost being $249.99 at that time. I stopped doing this motor because the price was too high. If my email stated the Sirio in the same price range as the Pixy, it definately was a mistake. By the way, I have been nothing but for the racer.

I am not one to speak personally about what I do with the things that I have received in my life, especially money. But, when someone makes a judgment upon my character, I owe it to myself to speak out. Since tuning I have not made one cent in personal profit. Making money for myself was not the goal. Now, in the beggining, I thought it was a good excuse to continue rc racing when my wife started to complain. I would just tell her that tuning motors would help pay for my broken parts. Well, I was wrong as tuning motors went to tooling and a christian organization called "World Visions"(www.worldvision.org).

In the beginning I never thought that using an RTU as a template for my own styled engine later on would cause so many problems. I continued to modify motors because Richey was ok with it. I never felt that I was doing anything wrong, if I did I would have stopped a long time ago. I hope for success to Richey and his RTU and to everyone who has helped the hobby grow. Merry Christmas and may GOD bless!

Last edited by SmeltzRacing; 12-21-2002 at 12:34 AM.
SmeltzRacing is offline   Reply With Quote