R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 05-02-2002, 04:52 PM   #541
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to ChrisF

bbntc3:

Didn't you ask ask above what pipe to use? You can't use the Mugen header with the NTC3. You are also at the moment stuck with using the standard AE pipe if you have a rear exhaust engine in your NTC3.
ChrisF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2002, 05:35 PM   #542
Tech Elite

To all Motorman motor owners, are your engines very loose? Mine is extremely loose when the glowplug is out of the button, but has great compression when the plug is in place. I have heard people saying this is due to the lapping process performed by Dennis........ Can somebody set me straight on this. My engine has about 1 gallon thru it.
AMGRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2002, 07:46 PM   #543
Tech Adept

My other ones were. After about 1 gallon, they were nice and smooth through the stroke. My current one (about 15 tanks through it) is still tight through the top of the stroke.
Old 05-02-2002, 07:50 PM   #544
Tech Elite

Yeah it is kinda disconcerting having an engine so loose since I have been bought up on mega compression Novarossi engines. But I can see a huge benefit having low friction/high seal. My non-mod RS12 has at least 2 gallons thru it and it is still just insanely tight, I can just turn it over with the glowplug out!! That has to cost you on the top end, even with piston/sleeve heat expansion.
Old 05-02-2002, 07:56 PM   #545
Tech Adept

AMG:

I somewhat think the supertight compression is indicative of the new RS motors more so than the standard MT's. I've had MT's loose after about 1/2 gallon, but they screamed. My first RTX X1 was so loose after running, you'd think it had no compression. But, put it on the track and it would dispell that in 2 seconds. I wouldn't worry about it.
Old 05-02-2002, 07:58 PM   #546
Tech Elite

Sorry, I don't think I explained myself quite completely. I was saying that the RS12 beign so tight must rob power since the metal-to-metal friction is so great!! I think the RTU approach is the best for sure!
Old 05-03-2002, 04:40 PM   #547
STi
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default ZAC modified OS TR

hey Motorman~
here's a look at ZAC's Project modded OS internals, what do you think?
the machine-work seems quite nice

http://www.j-net-c.com/kawahara/ZAC12.htm

and in Japan, they're selling for about 220 US too
STi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2002, 03:41 PM   #548
Tech Initiate

Send a message via AIM to Woody

I would like like to give thanks to Dennis for letting my burn a couple of tanks thru his car yesterday and feel the power of one of his RTU motors. Man what a difference !!! from my OS TR motor. I got to say that Dennis is one of those rare breed of racers who has a talent for motors and is willing to share it with regular racers. His goal is to level the playing field and he is quite capable of doing just that. With a motor like his I feel like i could handle anything. And BTW his car was great also, (NTC3) as we know a motor is no good with a POS car setup.

BTW we had or first big race this year (MWS race) at the Nationals track and it went great. Personally I didnt do so great - stretched the rod on my OS and had to borrow a motor for sunday but what hell anyway. The highlight was talking to Dennis and driving his car after the event. We shared some tires on his car did some radio adjustment and set the track on fire - of course after the race was all over - LOL

If your looking for a new motor and you want some of the best get on this gentlemans list - I am sure you wont regret it.

And this is not a paid advertisement - LOL - I was really impressed
Woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2002, 08:56 PM   #549
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to THeGame

Where can i get a Richey Motor ??? And how much ???

-Tg
THeGame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2002, 10:00 AM   #550
Tech Rookie

Thumbs up

Hey Dennis, I saw some really fast TC's at Cinc. this weekend. Woody was FAST in the main! Were any other guys running your motors.
Ace Frehley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2002, 10:16 PM   #551
Tech Apprentice

So if i want to get one of these motors would it matter if i ordered one now (considering i hear it will be until june before it would be able to be made) or can i wait?
Distroey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2002, 01:26 PM   #552
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Deltaman
Default Expert advice needed.

Hey Motorman

I posted this message originally to the Mugen MTX2 thread, but after reading your thread thought maybe you could offer some advice, even validate the comments made at the bottom by another user.

Thanks in advance

Re: Engine tuning - won't refire after hot
quote:
Originally posted by Deltaman
Hey folks could use some help. I have a new MT 12 and I am having a difficult time with the carb settings. This is not my first Nitro motor no first Nova Rossi (had several Serpent .15 motors, Picco .15, OS and Dynamite .12s and Picco .21s) I have never had this much trouble getting the settings correct.

Core problem is...
The car fires right up when cold no problems run a tank or two through it, if I run out of gas or it dies I cannot restart it till the thing cools down (when it restarts it is fine again). I have tried going leaner on the on the bottom till the thing runs way to hot, and tried going fatter as well then I cannot even make 5 min qualifier. (besides being a dog out of the hole)

I have tried going back to the stock settings (measured at 1.93mm on low speed and .37 on high speed needles) and moved around from there, but I still seem to have the same problem. Any ideas, thanks in advance for any help. Using MC 59 plugs and Odonnel 20% nitro stock mugen pipe and header. Could my head be shimmed incorrectly or is it something else?

[answer from another thread]
Don't worry yourself....I have this problem on all 4 of my NR engines...appears to be an issue with fuel vapourisation!! Just be paitent and wait (or use a fan to cool down!)......or don't let the engine die and top up with fuel quickly!!

One trick that 'sometimes' works, if you cover the stinger for the second start up....you get one chance and you have to pick up the revs real quick!! Good Luck!!!!

Last edited by Deltaman; 05-13-2002 at 01:28 PM.
Deltaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2002, 05:05 PM   #553
Tech Initiate

Default Motors

I haven't gotten a reply to any of my emails from Dennis. I sent one out almost a month ago and 2 weeks ago. Does anyone know if Dennis is still alive. I really want to buy one of his motors but it would help if I could contact him. No replies in this forum either.

Does anyone know his Phone number?

Thanks,
Martin.
Kool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2002, 05:47 PM   #554
Tech Elite

Default Re: Motors

Quote:
Originally posted by Kool
I haven't gotten a reply to any of my emails from Dennis. I sent one out almost a month ago and 2 weeks ago. Does anyone know if Dennis is still alive. I really want to buy one of his motors but it would help if I could contact him. No replies in this forum either.

Does anyone know his Phone number?

Thanks,
Martin.
Yes I have had a similar problem with unanswered mails. I think he is very busy racing and making us engines There is a lengthy backlog for his engines right now as well. Worth the wait however!!

I believe his phone number is in this thread somewhere, and perhaps on his website (look for the web button to the right of his name).
Old 05-13-2002, 06:23 PM   #555
Tech Initiate

Amgracer: I found his phone and called but it says that number is out of service. So I have no way of contacting him.
Kool is offline   Reply With Quote