R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 04-24-2002, 11:09 AM   #526
Tech Regular

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Sorry Off Topic

Sorry about being off topic, but I figured this would be the best forum to throw a question....

I have the Collari 3port. I have run into 2 main problems. The engine has a ton of bottom end, and barfs at the top end. I am trying to keep the temps around 220-240. For those of you who are running this motor, what is your carb setting? Right now I'm at 4 turns on thr low, and about 3.5 on the top... Temp range (without body) is around 215 to 230.

The next problem is the exhaust outlet, it's a bit tiny on the O.D. what manifold fits good with out leaking gunk everywhere? Right now I'm using the trinity one, it works but oil still spews from the gasket.

Thanks

Rich

[email protected]

www.rcracing.com
RAP66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2002, 06:09 PM   #527
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to Kaliboy

Quote:
Originally posted by THeGame
whats up all.. i'm looking to get a new motor... but i cant find a Mt12 motor instock any where .... If any of your LHS have them post there number please thanks all

-TG
I've got a used richey motor. If your interested give me a call. I'll sell it to you for the low price of $150. BTW...you will need to replace the head button, the piston, sleeve, and the conrod. The engine ended up detonating after the conrod bushing gave out.

Why don't you just stick to electric. You'll have better luck there! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
Kaliboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2002, 08:22 PM   #528
Tech Adept

Send a message via ICQ to mugenman
Default Re: Sorry Off Topic

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Hard Jokur
[B]Sorry about being off topic, but I figured this would be the best forum to throw a question....

I have the Collari 3port. I have run into 2 main problems. The engine has a ton of bottom end, and barfs at the top end. I am trying to keep the temps around 220-240. For those of you who are running this motor, what is your carb setting? Right now I'm at 4 turns on thr low, and about 3.5 on the top... Temp range (without body) is around 215 to 230.

The next problem is the exhaust outlet, it's a bit tiny on the O.D. what manifold fits good with out leaking gunk everywhere? Right now I'm using the trinity one, it works but oil still spews from the gasket.

if you go to the collari web site it said 7.5 turns out on the bottom
and 2.5 on top as base settings.
just make shore you have carb at full open to set bottom
i had the some problem and have just set mine but havent
had a chance to fine tune it yet but these motors hall ass
when thay are running right.
collarri do a inline header and pipe or get a pico header

Last edited by mugenman; 04-24-2002 at 08:26 PM.
mugenman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2002, 08:45 PM   #529
Tech Regular

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

if you go to the collari web site it said 7.5 turns out on the bottom
and 2.5 on top as base settings.

I read that tooo, aren't those settings for the .21. The motor I have is the .12

[email protected]

www.rcracing.com
RAP66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2002, 10:59 AM   #530
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Hi Motorman,

Great thread.. It might be time for you to look for a book deal LOL

anyways I was intrested in were you start when you start to tune a engine..

what comes 1st , 2nd and third or final.. (idle, top, bottom) in other words what is your order?

I heard on a another site that a good way of knowing if your bottom is set right, is to pinch the fuel line if the engine dies in about 2-3 seconds then its good.. if it takes longer then it is to rich and if less then its to lean.. Is this in your opinion a good test.. also they never said were to pinch the line.. (what would be your recomondation? (close to the tank or close to the carb?)
thanks for oyur help..

If it helps I have a Nitro TC3 with a Collari 3 port
Korgae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2002, 12:10 PM   #531
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to ChrisF

Hey Korgae.

It's Chris Furia. We met a couple of years ago in B.C. when I was up there working. Good to see you in here.

Are there any Collari's floating around up your way? Seems the batch for the US was snapped up in about 2 seconds. From what Dennis has told me, they are excellent motors. Even better when worked on.

You going to the US sedan Nat's? Any racing down in the states in your future? There are so many tracks down here in SoCal now that it's hard to pick which one you're going to race at.

Talk to you soon.
ChrisF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2002, 02:37 PM   #532
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Hey Chris,

Life has been pretty good up here.. Lots of racing happening.. We dont have as many track choices but lots of new racers..

No Collari's up here. as soon as they are out, their out. if you know what I mean..

Im not sure what my US shedule will look like.. I came down for the Reedy Race last year and a few others.. This year I will mainly focus on racing in Canada.. Their is alot of big races coming up. So it will be a busy summer..

you still have my e-mail?? If not its [email protected]l.com

you coming up this way anytime soon?
Korgae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2002, 03:13 PM   #533
Tech Adept

Korgae:

I wish. One of my favorite places to work is BC. Not only is it beautiful, it has a solid racing scene. Gotta keep one's priorities straight

If you head down this way anytime this year, email me:

[email protected]

You would love SVM, Crystal Park or Revelation. They are fantastic permanent tracks and there's racing here almost every weekend. Also if you haven't been to the Paris Race, it's awesome. It's in November.
Old 04-28-2002, 01:01 PM   #534
STi
Tech Regular

Hey MM got a question for you

will there be notable differences in power between the S5 and the X12T? their sleeves look quite different, can you explain the differences?

appreciate it
STi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2002, 04:26 PM   #535
Tech Initiate

Default Motors.

Dennis,

Did you receive my email? I requested pricing for the motors.
Would you be able to get a motor done for me before the nats(june 27th-30th)?

Thanks,
Martin.
Kool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2002, 06:18 PM   #536
Tech Regular

Hey motor man i think i got the hang of modifing my well at least i have not broken another crank. I have a OSTR12 that is nice we ran a lazer today and from what i can tell i can pull on the guys with the mt12's big time well about 5 or 6 car lenght. And it still is running around 220. but i still need to learn more about timing. The motor has a very nice power band i like to race with you and see how bad i get dusted lol. Well i have learned a lot from the article in the nitro rc car action. Anyway let me know where you race maybe i will bring some guys out at the next race. We run at canton riders and i think next week is the first points race for the MORL points series. The racing has be organized by Rich Chang. If you want to come out we would be glad to meet the man we have herd so much about
nova racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2002, 05:15 AM   #537
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to stefan
Default Pipe

Hi Dennis,

what pipe do you recomend with your Roar legal motors?

Thx
stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2002, 08:33 PM   #538

Send a message via AIM to bbntc3

Hey Dennis a got a good friend trying to get in touch with you, Email him when you get the chance, he has sent you mail under Flanery [email protected], I think. Thanks: BB
bbntc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2002, 07:24 PM   #539
Tech Adept

bbntc3:

Try the standard Associated GT pipe with a Mugen header. You might have to play with length a little, but it is possibly the best balance of top / bottom end of any .12 pipe.

People used to laugh, until they started trying them, both on RTU's and stock motors.
Old 05-02-2002, 04:12 PM   #540

Send a message via AIM to bbntc3

Chris: I'm not needing a pipe. Will the mugen header work on the ntc3 rear exhaust? I'm using the stock Ae pipe stuff on the RB 5 port with the outlet opened up to 5.5mm and about a 1/4 inch cut off the stock header.
bbntc3 is offline   Reply With Quote