Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Richey Modified Motors

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2002, 07:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Hey dennis, i sent another top touring car driver in the northest to you for a legal mt12.
Old 04-16-2002, 09:03 PM
Tech Rookie

Talking Cant wait.......

WOW Dennis, reading all these posts on your RTU I cant wait till mine is done. I am getting CHills, oooouuuuuhhhh!!!
Old 04-16-2002, 09:14 PM
Tech Elite

Hey Dennis you seen my email about ordering RTO? Need more power!!
Old 04-16-2002, 09:32 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by hurhur

no offence. why dont u look through the past msgs in this thread to get answers to your questions? differences btw RTU and RTO etc etc has been answered 1001 times in this thread.
I have read everything in this thread (5+ hours) and did not find what I am looking for. I want details, the most I got out of the reading was more hp and roar legal. I want to know what else will make a motor illigal. Go to roar's page and try to find details of a leagal motor; you won't! The club that I race at has there own little set of rules for motors, different than ifmar and roar, I want to know what rules I will break if any when I buy one of his motors.
Old 04-17-2002, 12:19 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by AMGRacer
Hey Dennis you seen my email about ordering RTO? Need more power!!
Forget the RTO - Just go straight for the Eagle !!!!
Old 04-17-2002, 12:27 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by JPHRacer

I have read everything in this thread (5+ hours) and did not find what I am looking for. I want details, the most I got out of the reading was more hp and roar legal. I want to know what else will make a motor illigal. Go to roar's page and try to find details of a leagal motor; you won't! The club that I race at has there own little set of rules for motors, different than ifmar and roar, I want to know what rules I will break if any when I buy one of his motors.
Don't worry weve all been through the same drama !

If Dennis wanted to he could easily post a breif description of each on his website !!!!

but remember its the mystery that keeps the legend alive !!!

ooohh look out - no soup for you muugen
Old 04-17-2002, 12:38 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by JPHRacer

There is no mystery really. IFMAR and ROAR I believe limit the amount the exhaust port can be take out to 4.5mm. Also there is a limit to what you can do to the crank, a single "turbo" cut which does not enter the central feed passage in the crankshaft. I think the RTO has a bi-turbo cut and the exhaust port is taken out too much beyond the 4.5mm.
Old 04-17-2002, 04:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Last edited by Motorman; 03-08-2003 at 07:16 PM.
Old 04-17-2002, 07:42 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by AMGRacer

There is no mystery really. IFMAR and ROAR I believe limit the amount the exhaust port can be take out to 4.5mm. Also there is a limit to what you can do to the crank, a single "turbo" cut which does not enter the central feed passage in the crankshaft. I think the RTO has a bi-turbo cut and the exhaust port is taken out too much beyond the 4.5mm.
Ahhh thanks AMG !

So are there any rules on increasing the timming ?

Also if we are already going illegal with the RTO would it be any advantage to increase the pipe stinger size and then port and time the engine to the modified pipe ????
Old 04-17-2002, 08:08 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by muugen

Ahhh thanks AMG !

So are there any rules on increasing the timming ?

Also if we are already going illegal with the RTO would it be any advantage to increase the pipe stinger size and then port and time the engine to the modified pipe ????
I have not read any rules about timing, I am no expert. Timing is self regulating anyway as per Motormans explaination a few pages back. I also think the exhaust port rule is stupid, as if you go crazy you will not make 5 minutes per tank.

Pipe technology is a bit beyond me but I think stinger size is a compromise between keeping the inner medium hot therefore keeping the reflective waves faster vs increased top end performance. I think for each engine there is a "perfect" pipe tune but how you go about this is well beyond me.
Old 04-18-2002, 06:16 PM
Tech Master

Glow plug dimensions?

Hey all you experienced nitro racer's. I got a question about glow plugs. Will "McCoy" glow plugs fit Picco engines or do I have to have Picco brand glow plugs? I know the diameter part of the plug will thread into the head but whatabout the length of the plugs-do they differ? A 5+ year experienced electric racer gettin' into nitro for the first time All help is greatly appreciated
Old 04-18-2002, 07:32 PM
Tech Master

Old 04-18-2002, 07:35 PM
Tech Master

Old 04-18-2002, 07:37 PM
Tech Master

Thank you Motorman, that's what I wanted to hear. Much oblige and thank you for your time
Old 04-18-2002, 08:08 PM
Tech Master

Motorman, hey man I just read an article saying you should run your nitro engine with 15%-20% nitro that contains 20% lubricattion. I can relate to 15%-20% nitro but 20% lubrication? I guess I gotta make another trip to the hobbyshop for some more "lube booster". Below is the article.

Click Here

Last edited by webspinner; 04-18-2002 at 08:56 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.