R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 03-17-2002, 03:30 AM   #406
Tech Adept

Send a message via ICQ to mugenman
Default collarri

motor man i have just got a collarri 5 port turbo and the carby
inlet seems small compared to a novarossi will this be a hinderence. would it be better of with a rossi carb.
5 ports are still illegel in aus and i was going to get a 3 port as well how do these motors compare to rossis & rbs
as i have one of the first in the country.
mugenman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2002, 02:02 PM   #407
TKT
Tech Initiate

Take the carb out and measure the bore from the bottom. It will be every bit as big as the MT-12 just the taper of the throat (when looking from above) is different. Just a sugestion but before trying to re-invent the wheel why don't you just put the engine in your car and try it?
TKT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2002, 12:00 PM   #408
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via AIM to Mr MTX

Quote:
Originally posted by Chiller514
Dennis when will you be getting some MT-12s in? Also what is the ultimate small block motor. I've been hearing some talk about these Collari motors, my LHS has yet to stock one so I'm still waiting to see one. What do you recommend? I think I want to stick with the MT-12

Also, I have the Novamega inline polished exhaust for a .15 RE motor. It is a very very sweat exhaust, brand new. What affect will that exhaust have on one of your modified MT-12s? Will the larger pipe deliver more power or will it hurt me? I am not concerned about the exhaust being legal or not. Please advise.

Thanks,
JB
From my understanding its the 9 Port MT 12 That Dennis modifies is the biggest badest .12 out there. Ill be beginning the break in this evening. Does anyone else have the 9 port eagle and give me some pointers?? Or may be Dennis?

Im running the Mugen Seiki Gas 30%
Mr MTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2002, 07:44 PM   #409
Tech Regular

Dennis i am in the hunt for a novarossi alternative now that is cheaper to rebuild. have you looked at the fantom fr series or the orion wasp engines and what do you think of them. your and another comments would be great help.
nova racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2002, 10:22 PM   #410
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Last edited by Motorman; 03-08-2003 at 08:08 PM.
Motorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2002, 10:37 PM   #411
Tech Elite

Dennis,

I am still struggling to get my RS12 to sing. I am using 48/16 and 44/20 gearing on a 49/19 internal ratio, shifting as 1st gear slows down, Mugen centax set at 1.5mm on adjuster nut and using a RB X12 pipe. No matter what I do the dang thing just has no RPM "scream" in 2nd gear. I have about mayby 1.5-2 gallons thru it and it is still really stiff at TDC. I am at my wits end But I have the RTU bolted in now ready to rumble.......
AMGRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2002, 11:12 PM   #412
Tech Master

Old 03-19-2002, 11:39 PM   #413
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by Motorman
The fantoms I have not worked on so I am not familiar with them other than they are third world produced. The orion is a picco. Cost is going to be about the same on most of them. How often are you finding you need to rebuild? An engine should last a full season. Are you getting less than that? I'm not sure what the orions are going to cost yet. MT 12's are still one of the best bang for the buck engines around and the collari's I have ran the last few days are bad to the bone out of the box.

MTX lean it up! and gear down. 49/46 X 16/19 with 61 MM foam tires.
Thanks motor man i get a full season or about 6.5 gallons before they start to really drop compression. but i will try the collari. looks like it is time to work some OT
Old 03-20-2002, 05:39 AM   #414
Tech Initiate

very soon, the mailman will drop off a package for me from Motorman. Its an biturbo crank Ifmar legal MT.12 engine.
What is the recommended run in procedure for these powerhouses?? its going in my reflex NT. Hoping to kick some ass. My only hope is that i can finally keep up with the sponsored guys that get "special egines " from the local shops..

recommended gearing/rollout for a medium size track (1st gear/2.nd gear) ?

do you guys think my car will be fast?(stupid Q.)
HFracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2002, 03:07 PM   #415
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via AIM to Mr MTX

Quote:
Originally posted by Motorman
The fantoms I have not worked on so I am not familiar with them other than they are third world produced. The orion is a picco. Cost is going to be about the same on most of them. How often are you finding you need to rebuild? An engine should last a full season. Are you getting less than that? I'm not sure what the orions are going to cost yet. MT 12's are still one of the best bang for the buck engines around and the collari's I have ran the last few days are bad to the bone out of the box.

MTX lean it up! and gear down. 49/46 X 16/19 with 61 MM foam tires.

Thanks will do!
Mr MTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2002, 04:07 PM   #416
Tech Rookie

Send a message via AIM to Chiller514

Motorman, did you get any MT-12s in? I'd like to order one soon.

-jB
Chiller514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2002, 06:04 PM   #417
Tech Master

Old 03-22-2002, 01:26 PM   #418
Tech Rookie

Send a message via AIM to Chiller514

Alright good deal, as soon as I get my tax return I'll mail some money out to you.

-jB
Chiller514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2002, 01:20 AM   #419
Tech Adept

Send a message via ICQ to mugenman
Default collari 5 port

ive got this collari 5 port run in but it dosnt have a great deal
of compression. ive got a rs12 that i have raced for about 6 months and it is still harder to turn over than the collari
the collarri also seems to have a dead spot of the line
[it takes of hard and about 1.5 foot it dies for a second and then
takes of again] and i cant seem to get rid of this....
did i get a dud or do thay all have very little compression....
mugenman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2002, 11:13 AM   #420
Tech Regular

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Motorman
they are heading my way friday, should be here by mid next week. They go out as fast as they are finished so it never hurts to pre order one as orders are placed as funds are recieved. It is rare that I have one on the shelf sitting. OK i have a question motorman tell me if i an wright or wrong. the longer the crank valve is oped the more top end power you will have and if the crank opens sooner than stock the more lowend power you will have and the longer the exaust and the crank is open the more scavenging you will have in turn making a lot of high rpm power. well i am lost. please help me with this tech question and explain it better please.

Last edited by nova racer; 03-23-2002 at 02:32 PM.