R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road-3/)
-   -   Richey Modified Motors (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road/1217-richey-modified-motors.html)

Manticore 11-14-2001 05:33 PM

Originally posted by Motorman
Hey down under guys what ruleset are you under? Ifmar, Efra, Roar??
As far as i know you are turning legal engines into illegal engines :D :D :D :D
and I see good comments about your engines too. :p

AMGRacer 11-14-2001 05:40 PM

Hey down under guys what ruleset are you under? Ifmar, Efra, Roar??
At my track we have NO rules during the year!! So your hottest engine would be great. Most of our official events are run under IFMAR rules.

Manticore, Dennis make engines which conform to the rules of your area. And he is the ONLY guy whose advice to me has been 100% correct every time and whose engines have the BEST reputation of any modded engine I have heard of. I have never heard a negative comment about him ever.

Sydewynder 11-14-2001 06:41 PM

Originally posted by Manticore

As far as i know you are turning legal engines into illegal engines :D :D :D :D
and I see good comments about your engines too. :p

Oooo you're going to get it now.:p :p :p Motorman is gonna.........:sneaky:

Manticore 11-14-2001 07:03 PM

Originally posted by Sydewynder

Oooo you're going to get it now.:p :p :p Motorman is gonna.........:sneaky:

well, depends on the price.

Motorman, you need a dealer in Hong Kong?? :sneaky: :sneaky:

AMGRacer 11-14-2001 07:12 PM

Manticore looks like they run in the $290-$350US price range. I think this is for a modded MT12.

Manticore 11-14-2001 07:26 PM

Originally posted by AMGRacer
Manticore looks like they run in the $290-$350US price range. I think this is for a modded MT12.
wow i can get 2 to 3 standard MT12 engines here :D :D

Motorman 11-14-2001 07:37 PM

hurhur 11-14-2001 07:48 PM

RTU's start legal and end legal. This issue was resolved at the U.S. TC nationals this year. 12 RTU's showed and 12 passed tech. so the definition of legal is passing rule tech.
As for ruleset that is why I asked. I floated you guys a price on the Roar legal engine but the new Ifmar draft (if it stays as written) allows me to use the G1 biturbo crank on the RTU's. Also if its open rules then you will want to go with the RTO gen1 engine with the 6.2 mm carb. they are 290 US + shipping. also you guys run low nitro so I will adjust the head clerance accordingly it makes a big difference on the little engines. I also give direction for 30 and 40% nitro use.

Manti at the moment I am staying away from new dealers. I cant make it worth my while to do them and stick a dealer in the middle as I already tried that. It is just not cost effective for the buyer or me. It just does not work. I want to keep the prices from getting out of control. I put way more time into the engines than most of the other mod guys do. It takes between 6 and 8 hours to properly bluprint and rework all the pieces per engine. Alot of stuff gets changed on the 12 and 15 engines. 21's are easy and don't take very long. The 12 engines are getting better though as they creep up on the 21 specs. but have you noticed that here in the US racers cannot take advantage of them because of the non turbo 3 port rule.
I build a nine port MT (seriously nine ports) and a 15 small block Mugen/Picco hybrid but their not good for much beyond outlaw racing. Although I hear outlaw TC is picking up in California.

Ivs heard alot about your engines Motorman. In Singapore, there are no rules and regulations in the 1/10 races here. Plant any engines u want into the car and off u go. Seriously, other than porting, what other stuff u do to the engine so that the engines will not trade-off power for durability? i will understand if u are not gonna reveal any trade secrets....just trying my luck here :D

hurhur 11-14-2001 07:52 PM

Manticore: Priced a collari lately or a carlson (if you can get one)
Also service after the sale is important to me, pick up the phone and call. Including repairs, try that with another tuner.

u heard of Carlsen too, Motorman? manti and I were discussing abt this tuner some time ago. whether such a tuner exist at all. where is Carlsen based anyway?

hurhur 11-14-2001 07:55 PM

Manticore: Priced a collari lately or a carlson (if you can get one)
Also service after the sale is important to me, pick up the phone and call. Including repairs, try that with another tuner.

u know whats wrong with the engines by listening to it through the phone? :D
read from one of the forums that the late Ron Paris can do that...unbelievable stuff!

Motorman 11-14-2001 08:04 PM

Motorman 11-14-2001 08:07 PM

hurhur 11-14-2001 08:15 PM

Hurhur
lets just say that a temp gun is not for tuning an engine, it is a diagnostic device to Identify internal engine issues. Your ears are for tuning engines. I have professed to rarely use a temp gun, very rarely.

I heard about him mid year. I hear he is from Asia somewhere. That is all I know.

Manti, remember i told u Carlsen might be from HongKong?
You shld be proud of your very own tuner :D

AMGRacer 11-14-2001 08:17 PM

So you base your engines on MT12 Motorman? Do you like the new RS12?

hurhur 11-14-2001 08:20 PM

Motorman,

your clients must be very happy to have such a dedicated person to do up their engines. would like to seek your opinions abt the following.....i know JP drilled through the center of his crankshaft and fill epoxy in it. To lighten the crankshaft i guess, do u think there is a tradeoff btw power and durability here? since they have been reviews that the engine dies prematurely and stuff like that.

if i remembered correctly, the setup u used for a tight moderate track would be silver mugen clutch spring for your centax and teflon shoes.

so is the silver softer than the gold? how much shld the spring be tighten then?

the teflon clutch shoes are made by mugen? have never seen them before.