R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 06-27-2003, 09:28 AM   #1501
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by TSR6
I've never seen varnish on a motor running Trinity fuel.
This is realy good fuel-I am switching to Trinity. Thank you very much. Varnish is killing performnace and take engine on parts every 5 tanks not realy good idea.
EdwardN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2003, 10:23 AM   #1502
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Talking about fuel, I use the Powermaster 20% Nitro and 16% combination of sythetic and caster oils, what is your opinion of this fuel? I have not had any major varnish build up with this type of fuel and seems to run cooler than trinity for me.

Last edited by no4hitter; 06-28-2003 at 10:29 AM.
no4hitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2003, 10:25 AM   #1503
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Talking about fuel, I use the Powermaster 20% Nitro and 16% combination of sythetic and caster oils, what is your opinion of this fuel? I have not had any major varnish build up with this type of fuel and seems to run cooler than trinity for me.
no4hitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2003, 10:34 AM   #1504
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by nitrodude
Since we are talking about fuel... I have been thinking about swutchin from Trinity fuel to Mugen Seike fuel. I have been told that the mugen fuel is one of the best ones around, and while im happy with the trinity I want to give the mugen a try. Any pros or cons?

Thanks,

Steven Muller
MPP
Made by Byron, the Mugen fuel runs pretty clean. However for some reason the fuel that escapes the pipe outlet leaves deposits on the outside of the pipe. So now instead of cleaning up stuff on the inside of my motor, I'm polishing the pipe more often.

The O'Donnell seems to have great horsepower, but I noticed more deposits using it. I've heard O'Donnell is pure synthetic, no castor oil.
kevink2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2003, 09:07 AM   #1505
Tech Adept

I've been using BK Racing fuel for 2 years now and sell it at my off-road track and it has been the best fuel I have used in 13 years of Nitro . I recently was racing my 1/8th buggy and my pipe came loose but I stood a chance for the bump-up if I stayed out racing so I went for it. Well , lets say that my engine temped 457 deg. F after the race !!! The best part is it did not hurt my Nova 4 port CLB, it still has gobs of "pinch" and there were no abnormal marks, scars or deposits inside my engine afterwards ! That goes to show how a good oil package can save a "dummy" like me who will keep running even though it could kill the engine.
ronin8451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2003, 10:39 AM   #1506
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by ronin8451
I've been using BK Racing fuel for 2 years now and sell it at my off-road track and it has been the best fuel I have used in 13 years of Nitro . I recently was racing my 1/8th buggy and my pipe came loose but I stood a chance for the bump-up if I stayed out racing so I went for it. Well , lets say that my engine temped 457 deg. F after the race !!! The best part is it did not hurt my Nova 4 port CLB, it still has gobs of "pinch" and there were no abnormal marks, scars or deposits inside my engine afterwards ! That goes to show how a good oil package can save a "dummy" like me who will keep running even though it could kill the engine.
Wow, it seems like great fuel! Who is destrebutor for it? Thanks!
Old 06-30-2003, 04:52 PM   #1507
Tech Elite

Dennis, could I ask you something? Can over-shimming the head cause extra heat? I added .2mm to a new TOP .12, hoping to get a few more RPM's on the straight away at Revelation. I was thinking the extra shims would also help with over rev protection My engine still sounded rich with plenty of smoke, but temps were around 300 deg. though. I'm using 30 percent, and geared 17/22 with the stock spurs, tires at 61mm. Thanks in advance for any info.
Old 07-01-2003, 04:59 AM   #1508
Tech Elite

Sounds like the squish band clearance is too "fat" now and the heat transfers to slow.

Then again what do I know Kev.
Sydewynder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2003, 05:02 AM   #1509
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to tl2111
Default Sirio

motorman

Any thoughts on the Sirio engine, how u rate them compare with Nova base engine???
tl2111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2003, 03:19 PM   #1510
Tech Master

Kevin you have mail.
This is a recent common occurance. After you read my PM you will understand what I believe is the issue. Brad and I are struggling with this to as of late. I barbecued a new engine last race. We have a handle on it I believe we just need the right parts.

The serios run pretty good for the price however I hear many guys are using novarossi carbs on them.
Old 07-01-2003, 03:27 PM   #1511
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to Cartman

i have to say i ran my richey MT12 uk rubber spec and it was so slow! (running it in) but when it freed of and i leaned it out i nearly poohed my pants!!! WOW now i have some awsome power!!!
Old 07-01-2003, 04:00 PM   #1512
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Motorman
Kevin you have mail.
This is a recent common occurance. After you read my PM you will understand what I believe is the issue. Brad and I are struggling with this to as of late. I barbecued a new engine last race. We have a handle on it I believe we just need the right parts.
Hello Richey. Can you tell me please, what do you think about AAC sets, they are supposed to be running much cooler and can be run leaner, specialy during the summer.
DISCLAIMER: Since 90% of my posts may be BS, and since my posts may be either insanely idiotic, incoherent, and/or not even close to a rational thought, please accord my posts no more than 10% of credibility.
Old 07-01-2003, 05:00 PM   #1513
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Top Gun 777
Hello Richey. Can you tell me please, what do you think about AAC sets, they are supposed to be running much cooler and can be run leaner, specialy during the summer.
777: I thought the Sirio's needed to be run cooler because the AAC is more easily distorted from excess heat.
Old 07-01-2003, 05:35 PM   #1514
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by kevink2
777: I thought the Sirio's needed to be run cooler because the AAC is more easily distorted from excess heat.
From what I belive (and my expirience)-AAC are running much cooler and I have never seen any distortion from the heat (unless negligence). I can't say anything about the Sirio, I have never work with them, may be there is something else beside AAC, which doesn't like overheating, I don't know. What I saw how the boat was running with pluged cooling system on the 30 minuts hit (last 5 minuts cooling system didn't work) and it didn't coocked at all.
It is actualy depend what kind of material use for sleeve and piston. If it is right set up of materials, tapering on the sleeve and piston done right and timing choosen correct for particular aplication-it must work much easier then even BRB-Al set up.
On Control Line team racing in Airmodeling just because of AAC now they are able to run that fast what they do today. Before AAC was implemented there-they had a lot of problem with overheating (actualy they are running on leaner side of tunning). This is why I ask people what they think about AAC.
Any way, thank you very much for your input.
DISCLAIMER: Since 90% of my posts may be BS, and since my posts may be either insanely idiotic, incoherent, and/or not even close to a rational thought, please accord my posts no more than 10% of credibility.
Old 07-01-2003, 07:28 PM   #1515
Tech Initiate

Arrow Motorman...........

I sent you a PM. Hope you get it.

muddywaters
muddywaters is offline   Reply With Quote