R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 01-20-2003, 01:06 AM   #1
Tech Regular

Default solid front axle ntc3

has anyboby used one on the ntc3? how is it different from a one-way? does the car have a push to it. please let me know.
MCRUZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2003, 11:54 AM   #2
Tech Elite

Default TC3 Solid Front axle

integ32;

A friend of mine tried one in the front of his NTC3 and twice stripped the Diff spur gear the same day. We looked at the gear lash and it seemed fine so he went back to the front One-way Diff.
popsracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2003, 12:13 PM   #3

Send a message via AIM to bbntc3

Setups have to be changed somewhat for the solid diff, but it helps entry and corner exit! Go to shiny MIP CVDS or else carry a few blue AE alum spares you'll need them! It also does seem to work on the diff gears too, by putting all the shims on the input shaft brgs to the rear will help the stripping trouble, but not a complete fix.
bbntc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2003, 02:24 PM   #4
Tech Apprentice

I have run a solid diff in my electric tc3 and didn't like it..... my lap times were lower but I really had to fight the car in the corners (oversteer understeer) it was not as consistant as my stock diffs. I'm sure if i spent some time with the setup I could have dialed it in but I'm to lazy. I have not bought a NTC3 yet but when I do I will probably run stock diffs because of my bad experiance with the solid diff in my electric.
Never Enough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2003, 08:27 PM   #5
Tech Prophet

Default Re: solid front axle ntc3

Quote:
Originally posted by integ32
has anyboby used one on the ntc3? how is it different from a one-way? does the car have a push to it. please let me know.
I don't own an NTC3. But generally solid front axle will make the car understeer off power and lots of on power steering. Lousy going into corners but good coming out of the corner. Good if you have large flowing tracks.
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2003, 08:43 PM   #6
Tech Master

Thats what I found too with the Yokomo. But I also tried solid axles rear and front and this makes the car a lot better on tighter tracks.

On faster flowing tracks twin solid axles seem to be far faster than any other combination.
modellor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2003, 08:53 PM   #7
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Send a message via ICQ to Boomer Send a message via AIM to Boomer
Default Re: Re: solid front axle ntc3

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
I don't own an NTC3. But generally solid front axle will make the car understeer off power and lots of on power steering. Lousy going into corners but good coming out of the corner. Good if you have large flowing tracks.
Don't know with the N, but I've run it on my E TC3 and it actually works very well on a tight track, better than a one-way and, I think, as good or better than a diff.

You do have to significantly change the setup to combat the loss of steering that losing diff action on the front results. I'm not sure how to do this with the N, but we put the rear tower on the front, softer springs, etc. and got back at least most of the steering.

I just found it controllable. . .which I like