R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road-3/)
-   -   HELP ME! (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road/121426-help-me.html)

jeleep 07-12-2006 09:06 PM

HELP ME!

Hi, I recently purchased a Kyosho FW-05S kit. I assembled it and started it without fault but everytime I try to get the car off the line it just revs! It doesn't go anywhere! No matter what I do the engine only revs... Can someone please offer a solution

Nitro$junkie 07-12-2006 09:14 PM

sound like you clutch is to tight try losening it

rc_alan 07-12-2006 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by jeleep
Hi, I recently purchased a Kyosho FW-05S kit. I assembled it and started it without fault but everytime I try to get the car off the line it just revs! It doesn't go anywhere! No matter what I do the engine only revs... Can someone please offer a solution

Is this the first car you've built??? I would take a step back and check to see if the clutch and tranny are built correctly... Check your rear diff as well... Sometimes, it's the fine details that we miss... Take your motor out of the car and assemble the clutch as per the manuel, then check the tranny to ensure it's built correctly as well... Lastly, check to make sure your rear diff is also built correctly and if you have a front diff, check it as well... I'm sure your problems will be found and corrected in those area's mentions above... It's kinda hard to fix a problem with out seeing the car first hand... Goodluck and post back what you find... :)

RC_Alan

aaalp 07-13-2006 02:16 AM

If you can't find any problems at the clutch or the transmission, I would suggest that you take it to a local hobbyshop and let them take a look at it. Sounds like a problem which should be easy to solve. Enjoy the car.

itchy b 07-13-2006 04:09 AM

sounds just like something i have done while setting up my centax clutch,
i fitted the plate that holds the clutch shoe back to front with the lip facing the flywheel which stopped the little flyweights from engaging the clutch :blush:
if you have a centax clutch with this car this may be the problem
hope this helps you out
cheers
joe :)

ProudSavageOwnr 07-13-2006 05:03 AM

this might sound stupid but its happened before wen the crankshaft shafts in half just behind the front bearing and the engine revs and revs but dosnt move ..... chek if the shaft is spining,replace ur clutch shoes because the little pads on the stock 1's get unstuck and willcause other dramas later on,check the spur gear if u have installed the pin and the spacer thing that presses into the spur,check if the motor hasnt moved apart and ripped the spur gear...........i built 1 of these cars for my mate and repair it everytime he stuffs sumthing up...i knowit inside and out....well mostly the drivetrain and the engine...lol

nigelnuggets 07-13-2006 08:51 AM

yeah its hard to diagnose without seeing the car. just take it to the LHS. most of the time they dont even tax you to look at it. they just take a gander and tell you whats up. then you can just fix it yourself.

if anything, if you rip apart the car, check all the PINS in the transmissions. maybe your missing one. or one is broken already. just giving another idea.

rc_alan 07-14-2006 08:27 AM

I guess Jeleep figured out his problem... :tire:

RC_Alan