R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2006, 09:20 PM   #46
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I just found this thread- as the region director for Florida the series is a level 2 event.There for any club(level 1) or level 2 events are legal to run. Anything else is not. The electric series is "hosting" the region race at that location. By that time everything should be settled.Let the parties involvled take care of there business. We'll have a place to race.
WGT-R, GT-12 Racing USA (21.5 ), Formula 1 and Home Track is 386 RaceWay,ROAR #7540.
Old 07-13-2006, 09:51 PM   #47
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

KEV AND RALPH ARE HUMAN,AND ALL HUMANS MAKE MISTAKES. AND IF THEY DID DO WHATS IS BEING SAID HERE THEN ROAR HAS THE RIGHT TO TAKE ACTION BUT I FEEL THAT THIS ACTION IS TO EXTREME!.RALPH SAID HE WILL TAKE CARE OF IT,AND I KNOW RALPH AND HAVE NO REASON TO DOUBT HIM.WITH OR WITHOUT ROAR IM SURE K RACEWAY WILL STILL GET A FULL HOUSE WHEN IT COMES TO RACING.HAS EVERYONE FORGOTTEN THE HELL THE OLD OWNER(GEORGE)CAUSED AT THIS LOCATION? WE MUST STANDUP FOR OUR BEST TRACK AND GET ALL THE FACTS BEFORE ANYONE CAN MAKE ANY JUDGEMENT!!!!
Team Trinity
[url]www.teamtrinity.com[/url]
Gary Figueroa
Old 07-13-2006, 09:59 PM   #48
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Fines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jea3
I know that I, as a ROAR member, want to hear both sides of the story. This site isn't owned by ROAR, and since this is the US, we do have the freedom of speech.

I know Raf, and Kevin, and this sounds like to me, that some miss communications are going on. But either way, does it really matter that someone in the D main gets a trophy? Please.

And for the record...It DOES matter if someone in the "D" or the "Z" Main gets a trophy! We all quallify to race against people our level, and expertice. We all know who will be in the "A" main!! If no awards were given out at a national event. Why would anyone else show up??? Just the top 10 "A" main people, and then they could be the National champion of say what??? 10 people. If there is 100 people in the State series race, only the top 10 would get trophies. So then, why don't the other 90 stay home. Then once a year everyone could get together and race to see if the top ten have changed...Dude, you are all screwed up.
Old 07-13-2006, 10:31 PM   #49
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TimPotter

Listen,

Kraceway can still hold races, they can still run State Races. The sanctioning is only related to Level 3 races and above. ROAR has been put in a position they do not want to be in. If they let the track get away with not providing trophies ( like the track agreed to) it sets precident for others to follow. This is not rocket science. They had 160+ entriees, that's 10,000+ in entry fees. By ROAR guidlines they were required to spend 15% of there entry fees on awards for the racers. These are soft numbers but you get my point. They could have spent another 300 bucks on simple plaques for the lower mains.

Every main is important, and as such they deserve thier awards. Once agian, this is principal and precidence.

Put yourslf in ROAR's spot, a track holds a national, they do not uphold thier end of the bargain ( to the letter or spirit) , ROAR ask the track to make good, track is given ample time ( months and months ). ROAR then lets the membership know that it is looking out for the racers intrests.

I am sure Raf will make things right, and we all do not know the whole story, but for racers in Florida, it really doe snto matter much for local racing. It will still happen.
Clean Title & Escrow|p3|TRF|Tamiya|SerpentAmerica|FSEARA|Team Butter|RC 3|Munno |RCTECH #29|EAMotorsports|BMI|Novak|SpeedPassion|RadioPost
Old 07-14-2006, 07:38 AM   #50
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedracer1bp
Dude, You are still not getting it!!!
It is not about the Trophies!!! They Collected close to $1000 in ROAR's name allocated to trophys and KEPT IT!!!
Isn't this called embezzlement ( I think ) and a criminal offense???
I am a ROAR member and I did go to the ROAR site and I still have no clue what happened....

Trophies are a reminder that a racer won something, just ask any hockey player what the Stanley Cup means to them... Indy 500.... Olympic metals.... You get the picture.....

I hope this gets resolved and all the people involved put this behind them. No one wants a track to close or lose a chance to host a big race.....
RC Tech member #11
Aussie Rules Footy, Brisbane LIONS!!
[url]http://www.pitter-pat.com/[/url] for pet care needs in Northern Virginia
Old 07-14-2006, 07:41 AM   #51
Tech Champion

Quote:
I know that I, as a ROAR member, want to hear both sides of the story. This site isn't owned by ROAR, and since this is the US, we do have the freedom of speech.

I know Raf, and Kevin, and this sounds like to me, that some miss communications are going on. But either way, does it really matter that someone in the D main gets a trophy? Please.

Dude, freedom of speach does not allow you to walk on a plane and tell everyone that you are going to hi-jack it. Extreme example yes, but do you get the point?
RC Tech member #11
Old 07-14-2006, 03:00 PM   #52
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova F1 Racer
Dude, freedom of speach does not allow you to walk on a plane and tell everyone that you are going to hi-jack it. Extreme example yes, but do you get the point?
Not even in the same class of statement.

Stanley cup and a D or F or Z main finish isn't the same. "A" main is top 10. Guess the poor guy that comes in 30th at the Daytona 500 should get a trophy? Yea.
Old 07-14-2006, 03:12 PM   #53
Suspended

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:

Stanley cup and a D or F or Z main finish isn't the same. "A" main is top 10. Guess the poor guy that comes in 30th at the Daytona 500 should get a trophy? Yea.

Doesn't matter.

The track collected money for trophies, but didn't give out all the trophies.

That's the issue.
Old 07-14-2006, 03:19 PM   #54
Tech Elite

Quote:

You missed the point here. If the rules of ROAR clearly state that for a Level 3 and about sanctioned race, awards for all of the A-main drivers and the top-three for the lower mains, then that is what must be followed by the race organizers. Many have stated properly that ROAR says that a certain percentage of the entry fee monies are to go for said awards and the organizers did not follow through, then there is your issue. It is more about not following clearly stated rules as set down by the sanctioning organization and when given enough time to correct the issue, choosing not to make said corrections. Let's ask you this, "If you won the B-main and did not receive your trophy as stated you would receive for your finishing position from the entry form/flyer (Flyer Quote: Trophies for the Top 3 finishers of the lower mains), wouldn't you be ticked off?"
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one.
There are 2 things in life that are infinite: the universe and stupidity.
Old 07-14-2006, 03:48 PM   #55
Tech Regular

from reading the letter from roar all they have to do is pay the 900.00 bucks and all is forgiven. that seems more than fair to me. i doubt that florida will lose a track because a couple of track owner's refuse to pay up.
Old 07-14-2006, 04:02 PM   #56
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TimPotter

Florida is not going to lose a track even if they do not pay. The only thing that will be held back is Level 3 and above races. That said, I am sure something will be worked out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedanaddict
from reading the letter from roar all they have to do is pay the 900.00 bucks and all is forgiven. that seems more than fair to me. i doubt that florida will lose a track because a couple of track owner's refuse to pay up.
Clean Title & Escrow|p3|TRF|Tamiya|SerpentAmerica|FSEARA|Team Butter|RC 3|Munno |RCTECH #29|EAMotorsports|BMI|Novak|SpeedPassion|RadioPost
Old 07-14-2006, 05:26 PM   #57

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:

The poor guy that finishes 30th at the Daytona 500 can earn as much as $100,000 or more!!
Old 07-14-2006, 08:13 PM   #58
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Like others have said, there is probably more to the story than meets the eye, because as the ROAR rules state it's 15% of the fees as of the cutoff:

20.1.1 The Host is responsible for obtaining and presenting awards. The awards should be of a quality and size that reflect the importance of a ROAR National. A minimum of 15% of the entry fees received by the entry deadline date must be used for awards.

Not any specific quantity of trophies for any specific number of mains, and the flier didn't specifically say how many trophies and to which mains:

http://www.kissimmeercraceway.com/pdf/ROARnatsFlyer.pdf

So I would assume there was some other agreements or promises made to make ROAR take the action they did. I would assume that whatever action was taken was rightfully taken given the circumstances by ROAR.
Old 07-14-2006, 09:52 PM   #59
Tech Champion

Quote:

Dunno, Some people think pro hockey is a minor sport......

Doesn't Daytona give out trophies for the busch clashes, sort of like the lower main of NASCAR????

OK, enough of the trophy debate...
RC Tech member #11
Old 07-14-2006, 10:32 PM   #60
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by MANINTHEMUGEN
KEV AND RALPH ARE HUMAN,AND ALL HUMANS MAKE MISTAKES. AND IF THEY DID DO WHATS IS BEING SAID HERE THEN ROAR HAS THE RIGHT TO TAKE ACTION BUT I FEEL THAT THIS ACTION IS TO EXTREME!.
They had 9+ months to make the situation good and they did not. Sometimes you have to take extreme measures to get people's attention. Just ask Saddam Hussein.

Quote:
The Knoxville Iowa Nationals for sprint cars often has G and H mains, every winner of every main gets a trophy... and cash. Every driver regardless of his main level is proud of his trophy.

But the point here is the track owners kept money they were not entitled to. They had a contract with ROAR to provide minimum trophies/awards and they did not. ROAR gave them plenty of time to remedy the situation and they did not. ROAR had to act firmly.

Can the track hold races without ROAR sanction? Sure they can, but they need to find liability insurance on their own. Will they be able to hold races with 160+ entries without ROAR? I doubt it. Face it, with that many entries they made a lot of money on that race. If they don't want to follow the rules then let another track that will have the opportunity.
Closed Thread