they closed down the store for good !!!
ichibahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 03:48 PM   #77
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan D
Its 8% or at least the fuel I have and have always run. The on road fuel is 8% and the rest was going to be 10% is the way I understood it
Well you understood wrong, Speedracer1129 already said it contains 10% oil
Team Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 06:02 PM   #78
Tech Adept

The fuel is 10% I'm sorry

Last edited by Dan D; 07-19-2006 at 04:33 PM.
Dan D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 08:47 PM   #79
Tech Elite

Maybe it is best if Maxy answers the question of oil content. Maxy Help us out!!!!!!!!!!! All I know is it is some good fuel. Dan I am not sure, but Maxy might be sending my fuel to you, not sure I will find out.

Thanks

D.J. Apolaro
dj apolaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 08:55 PM   #80
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan D
I did not understand anything wrong your fuel is 10% but mine is 8% thats it
You are just confusing the public
Team Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 09:39 PM   #81
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to SOLOARTIST 702
Default hmm

will be running maxy's fuel in my x 12s lookut
RC AMERICA / XRAY / HUDY/ MATRIX TIRES /KOPROPO / ORCAN GT3 /RED CUP RACING MEMBER / SPEEWORLD RACEWAY/ A+ performance parts /IVE SEEN THE XRAY TEAM DRIVE SO I GOT XRAY CARS / better to keep up than to catch up

WILLIAM PENDERGRASS
SOLOARTIST 702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 10:13 PM   #82
Tech Adept

Sounds good dj you just need to let me know because its my buddies shop so i have to know when its coming
Old 07-18-2006, 10:48 PM   #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj apolaro
Maybe it is best if Maxy answers the question of oil content. Maxy Help us out!!!!!!!!!!! All I know is it is some good fuel. Dan I am not sure, but Maxy might be sending my fuel to you, not sure I will find out.

Thanks

D.J. Apolaro

So you get special fuel from guys that buy it from the stores...just wondering..
speedygonzalez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 05:56 AM   #84
Tech Adept

Dj and I are team drivers and he is coming to the Glc and I live close to toledo so thats why the fuel might get sent to me. I'm not sure I understand your question.
Old 07-19-2006, 06:58 AM   #85
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedygonzalez
So you get special fuel from guys that buy it from the stores...just wondering..
its just like everything else in this hobby, team drivers get the best stuff out there. what percentage oil team drivers fuel has may differ from what is on the store shelf. also, the percentages of castor oil vs synthetic contained in the fuel is probably different as well.

just to take it a steop futher, do you think swauger is running a fx off the shelf. he is running a personally hand fitted engine from jp (john paule) himself. i am not saying the stuff on the shelf is not good, its just that team stuff usually has a slight advantage.
Joe Chaplow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 07:25 AM   #86
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj apolaro

Thanks

D.J. Apolaro
the fuel being used and available is 10%. we are trying out a 8% clear fuel that some team drivers are currently testing. this fuel is not available yet to the public as until we are sure it is at it's best with no problems.
maxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 07:41 AM   #87
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joemugen
its just like everything else in this hobby, team drivers get the best stuff out there.
joe,

for the most part, that statement is incorrect. all of our drivers use the same fuel that is available to you and everyone else. this goes for the majority of the manufacturers out there as well. however, at times, you will see some team drivers with newer or improved stuff because that is part of R&D!!

if we don't test the stuff in the real world, we don't know if the product is working or not. and if it doesn't work in the real world, then it doesn't work for YOU!

so if you see that you are at a race and a team driver might have something that looks new or improved, remember that it is in your benefit to be able to provide a better quality product so you can enjoy this hobby of ours a little more
Old 07-19-2006, 07:56 AM   #88
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedracer1129
joe,

for the most part, that statement is incorrect. all of our drivers use the same fuel that is available to you and everyone else. this goes for the majority of the manufacturers out there as well. however, at times, you will see some team drivers with newer or improved stuff because that is part of R&D!!

if we don't test the stuff in the real world, we don't know if the product is working or not. and if it doesn't work in the real world, then it doesn't work for YOU!

so if you see that you are at a race and a team driver might have something that looks new or improved, remember that it is in your benefit to be able to provide a better quality product so you can enjoy this hobby of ours a little more
i have known a lot of "team drivers" and i have a close friend that i talk to on a daily basis that was a fully sponsored team driver (everything paid for including traveling expenses, not a 50% guy--- not that their is anything wrong with being a 50% driver, that is also a great accomplishment). he will even tell you that the team drivers get the best stuff out there. the stuff at the store is very good and great quality (i buy it), but the stuff that the team drivers is the best. the fact of the matter is that they have to perform and win to promote the product.

please dont get offended, i am not saying anything bad about hobby shop products. i think its great that they put so much "R&D" into this hobby to make it more fun for all of us. what it all comes down to is, have fun racing!!!
Joe Chaplow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 10:46 AM   #89
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to nigelnuggets

a little off topic now arent we boys? team driver or not the oil content is being tested, it has already been said that when its good, the public will have it. it just goes to show that maxy is truly taking care of the consumer, by having drivers test this 8% oil fuel. thank you maxy!
Old 07-19-2006, 10:51 AM   #90
Tech Elite

Dan, Maxy is sending my fuel to you with the shipment that you are getting from him. There will 2 gallons for me. Not sure about the other team drivers. Thanks for looking out.

D.J. Apolaro
dj apolaro is offline   Reply With Quote