R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 07-05-2006, 01:51 AM   #16
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to uniquexme Send a message via Yahoo to uniquexme Send a message via Skype™ to uniquexme

other than Skyline VR12+, is there any other options? also heard that Vantage Carbon Fibre pipes are tough and good performance. any idea?
uniquexme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 02:17 AM   #17
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Nitro$junkie

Mugen MUG-T0969
Byron's
http://www.hospitalrecords.com
Nitro$junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 02:45 AM   #18
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to uniquexme Send a message via Yahoo to uniquexme Send a message via Skype™ to uniquexme

is this mugen as tough as skyline and vantage? the vantage is carbon fibre, rarely see any exhaust with this material.
Old 07-05-2006, 03:10 AM   #19
Tech Master

its tuff as nails i havnt had or heard of any thing but praise about the pipe trust me you wont be disappointed you wil get the best results with any engine and this pipe combo o year did i say tuff as nails already
Byron's
Old 07-05-2006, 06:08 AM   #20
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by uniquexme
is this mugen as tough as skyline and vantage? the vantage is carbon fibre, rarely see any exhaust with this material.
i use a mugen pipe on my os 5p tz and am pretty happy with the power output.
the power delivery is smooth but strong and gets my mtx4 going quick
as for toughness, i,ve had my fair share of off's and hav'nt put a scratch on it or bent the stinger.
cheers
joe
Old 07-05-2006, 09:49 AM   #21

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The best all around pipe I have come across in terms of performance has been the Novarossi, JP, Rex, Top etc. 2601 pipe with conical header. Also the Mugen Seiki 2609 pipe is a very good all around pipe set. Next, I would say the Mega 2607 is a very good performer. The Orion 2626 pipe set is also up there in top performance (and is VERY tough!!) Add the JP 2620, the Novarossi 2630, and the Skyline VR12+.

As you can see there are alot of great pipes out there to choose from. The problem is, that each pipe was designed with a certain port timing in mind. So one that may work really good with one engine set up, might not work s great with another with different timing.

It is extremely tough to say that one pipe is best overall with out taking into consideration what engine it will be used for.

I have done a considerable amount of dyno testing with all of these pipes, and if I had to choose one pipe to use on all engines, I would choose the 2601.

BK
mxwrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 10:49 AM   #22
Tech Rookie

hey , does anyone know where i can get a skyline vr12+ in australia. thnks
dienem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 06:34 PM   #23
Tech Fanatic

true on wat u said, m using OS TZ 5port, mind telling my which one works the best of it?
Old 07-05-2006, 06:52 PM   #24
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by dienem
hey , does anyone know where i can get a skyline vr12+ in australia. thnks
no one in Australia sell skyline products you have to buy online and get it sent to you

btw Mugen also make some of the best off road pipes as well as on road
you know how tuff pipes got to be for off road
Byron's

Last edited by Nitro$junkie; 07-05-2006 at 10:40 PM.
Old 07-05-2006, 10:24 PM   #25
Tech Regular

Skyline VR12 Plus at my site is $54.95. Priority mail shipping... In stock... It is a great pipe and the choice of many at the Sedan Nats this year. Click below
4F1Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 06:57 PM   #26
Tech Fanatic

but i have checked around with my frenz, they said that some pipe are for 3port and some for 5port. so i think there is a difference between them.

those that use VR12+, and Vantage carbon fiber, and said that they are good, wats type of engine do u use on 3 or 5 port?
Old 07-06-2006, 07:06 PM   #27
Tech Regular

The VR12 Plus works perfectly on either the 3 port or the 5 port. Some pipes ould not give the 5 port the top end needed to produce the extra rpm's that they have or the extra low end that could have over the 3 port. You see some pipes just say tuned high or low end. The Vr12 is excellent full power band. They were used at the Nats on 3 ports ( Jeffrey Lin with Skyline ) and the Team Magic team used them on the outlaw 5 port engines and put four outlaw cars in the main. Friends can be helpful sometimes but also confuse you. But the Vr12 Plus... full power band pipe and the enjoy it and get the driving skills up to make the performance of the pipe and engine... that's the hard part!
4F1Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 07:25 PM   #28
Tech Fanatic

hmm, true also on wat u have mentioned. i guess i would get both the Skyline VR12+ , and also the Vantage carbon fibre one to try out. thanks for your advise.
Old 07-06-2006, 07:36 PM   #29

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The 3 port pipe usually has 5.0mm stinger outlet and the 5 port pipe usually has 5.2mm to take advantage of the Rules.

Both pipes can be used on either engine, but the 5.0mm stinger had better be on your 3 port engine if you are racing by the roar rules and are being teched!

Ex pipes are designed with the Ex port Dia. and port timing duration in mind, not the number of transfer ports. The only differences in these pipes should be the stinger.

BK
mxwrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 08:38 PM   #30
Tech Fanatic

BK, may i know wats that stinger tat u mentioned? is it the connection of the exhaust to the engine (with the rubber seal in between them)?