1/10 Sedan Quick Release wheels

1/10 Sedan Quick Release wheels

Old 06-25-2006, 11:03 PM
Tech Addict

Default 1/10 Sedan Quick Release wheels

any thoughts....?
Old 06-25-2006, 11:05 PM
Tech Addict

when will we ever see this? is it possible? why not implement it? these was probably asked many times before, i would really like to see some opinions.
Old 06-25-2006, 11:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

The problem would be with the offset of the wheels. The way they are now you would have them falling off any time you clip something. to change the offset and still maintain the 200mm, you would have to either narrow up the chassis, or shorten the arms.
Old 06-25-2006, 11:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Its agains the rules.
Old 06-25-2006, 11:56 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcracerdude
when will we ever see this? is it possible? why not implement it? these was probably asked many times before, i would really like to see some opinions.
Not for long they will be available
Old 06-26-2006, 11:46 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

i was thing about a prototype i dont know the kinda hard to make lets just wait for the mugen mtx-4 prospec or the mtx-4R kit if there will ever be one. i relly would like quick change.
mike
Old 06-26-2006, 12:33 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Michael P
i was thing about a prototype i dont know the kinda hard to make lets just wait for the mugen mtx-4 prospec or the mtx-4R kit if there will ever be one. i relly would like quick change.
mike
Making a QR for a 200mm car implies many modifications and the first of all... a brand new set of rims instead the standard hex who's used today. Think about modifying everything who is suspended from the A-arm... bearings, outdrive units, bearing carriers and a large etcetera.

The worst of all... a new wheel, who for sure will cost an arm and a leg and being 100% illegal (is against all rulebooks I know that state that QC wheels systems aren't allowed).
Old 06-26-2006, 12:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Michael P
mike
Mugen should work with GRP Gandini to come up with quick change wheel hubs, that will make a new standard to all tire/wheel manufacturers.
Old 06-26-2006, 01:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

remember when 1/10th gas trucks (offroad) didn't have a quick release rear wheels? losi then came up with a new design with quick release and it became a huge advantage especially for high wear tracks with long mains. associated had to come up with a quick release also. now it seems to be the standard.

about the rule, i guess it's there because if someone (individual) was to come up with a quick release design, it would be a huge advantage to what is currently available. but when a new design was to be implemented and started by a major company (i.e. serpent, kyosho, or mugen), the tendency for the remaining companies is to follow the "new" trend...

i think this will just be a matter of time...
Old 06-26-2006, 01:39 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FREELANCE_RCer
Mugen should work with GRP Gandini to come up with quick change wheel hubs, that will make a new standard to all tire/wheel manufacturers.
WHY with GRP ?
Old 06-26-2006, 01:44 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by nitrodude
Its agains the rules.
What rules does this break?

In the Roar Rule book, rule # 7.1.2 states the following:

Any wheel manufactured for R/C vehicle competition may be used as long as it meets the class specifications. Wheels will be secured to the axles by means of lock nuts, screws, or quick-release axle ends. Nuts or axles will not protrude more than 1/16" beyond the outer edge of the tire. When nuts and/or axles extend beyond the wheel or tire, they will be included when measuring the vehicle's overall width.

Which does not state that quick-release axles are not allowed for any class.

Last edited by T. Thomas; 06-26-2006 at 01:58 PM.
Old 06-26-2006, 01:50 PM
Tech Master

Be very carefull what you wish for. Quick change wheels will mean an instant increase in running cost. When changing tires stops costing lots of time, it will be the way to go in the mains. Thus increasing the cost for tires very quickly indeed....
Old 06-26-2006, 02:11 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

tires should be cheaped beacous of less plastic used
Mike
Old 06-26-2006, 02:23 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by T. Thomas
What rules does this break?

In the Roar Rule book, rule # 7.1.2 states the following:

Any wheel manufactured for R/C vehicle competition may be used as long as it meets the class specifications. Wheels will be secured to the axles by means of lock nuts, screws, or quick-release axle ends. Nuts or axles will not protrude more than 1/16" beyond the outer edge of the tire. When nuts and/or axles extend beyond the wheel or tire, they will be included when measuring the vehicle's overall width.

Which does not state that quick-release axles are not allowed for any class.
Uhm... seems you located a very general rule, look for a more specific of 200mm class.
Old 06-26-2006, 02:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Julius
Be very carefull what you wish for. Quick change wheels will mean an instant increase in running cost. When changing tires stops costing lots of time, it will be the way to go in the mains. Thus increasing the cost for tires very quickly indeed....
I agree with Julius. The whole idea of the nut or screw is to keep at least some control on costs. Tires are probably the biggest cost in R/C racing. If tire changes are made available in a 45 - 60min Main people will always true the tires down as small as possible to last just the ideal time for a quick change to a new set trued the same. Before you know it people will be killing 3 pairs of rears in a 60min final just to try find a couple secs advantage. Where is the fun in that for the guys that cant afford to do it. And people wonder why the hobby is in decline and classes disappear.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.