Tech Regular

if u aske me i think ofna is full of shit

http://www.ofna.com/ob4rtr.html

they think a ob4 with a force .12 will go 100 km/ph 60 mph
Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2003, 08:59 PM   #47
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to Bryan N.

Remember they could've tested it with 40(or more) percent nitro in their fuel. So I wouldn't say they are full of shit. They never listed what % nitro they used while doing the speed run for the car. So its possible that the OB4 with force 12 can do 60.

I don't understand why people like bashing other companies, but I guess that's how the world works.
Bryan N. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2003, 09:04 PM   #48
Tech Regular

i dont care how much % nitro they used they would only get that car doing 100 with a very steep hill and some fireworks starpped to it
Old 01-26-2003, 10:54 PM   #49
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

NTC3NUT
I wouldn't say the MTX3 is the new king, that remains to be seen, what your seeing there is all of us MTX2 racers that got stuck in a quandry during the year lag on the release of the MTX3 and the release of the NTC3. We all knew the MTX2 was going to get a real royal kiester kicking so many of us had a moment and left. If you were at the nationals you saw it first hand. Many of the guys that are jumping back to the MTX3 are previous MTX2 owners who never really wanted to leave mugen cars in the first place they were just given a new option again.
Old 01-26-2003, 11:12 PM   #50
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to Bryan N.

Brett- They are not claiming 100mph, but only 60. This isn't hard if you really lean out the motor and run high % nitro fuel, also gearing can help it reach 60.
Bryan N. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2003, 11:16 PM   #51
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Send a message via ICQ to Boomer Send a message via AIM to Boomer

I saw the LD3 at Revelation today. If it hadn't said OFNA in big letters I would have sworn it was a NTC3 with an aftermarket chassis (thus different color).

It looked very good on the track. I have a feeling that it may be because of the rear links. The link at the wheel is much higher than on the NTC3 which gives it (I believe) a lower roll center which should give it (again, I THINK. . .) more stability on the rear end. That's right, right?

Anyway, I would love to see if I could get that angle on my NTC3.

But am still disappointed in Ofna.

BTW, I could get just about ANY car to go 60mph with the right motor and the right gearing, if I didn't have to turn or take anything else into consideration.
Old 01-26-2003, 11:19 PM   #52
Tech Regular

i didnt state it went 100mph

it staes it has a standard 2 speed wich means gearing

the force 12 cant handel much it will just snap a con rod as they allways do

i work in a hobbie shop and u wouldnt belive how many cars come in with force 12s wih snaped con rods

i have seen plenty snap on 16% just running up a street
Old 01-26-2003, 11:28 PM   #53
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by Boomer
BTW, I could get just about ANY car to go 60mph with the right motor and the right gearing, if I didn't have to turn or take anything else into consideration.
i know i could too but i am talking about ofna stating that its ob4 does 60mph 100kmph with a force 12(.56hp) with a standard 2 speed

i just see it as fasle advertising
Old 01-26-2003, 11:36 PM   #54
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to sausage_link

i find that it reaches 60mph with a force 12 hard to believe
sausage_link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2003, 05:55 AM   #55
Tech Fanatic

Motorman, I can see your point, and I agree. I would like to state for the record that I think Mugen makes a very fine line of vehicles, I have at one time owned a MRX-3, and a MBX4-XR Works, both excellent in their application. If I didn't have so much time & money (time being the more important of the two) invested in my NTC3's I would be running one of their MTX-3's this season. I want to give the NTC3 another chance, one more season, before I decide on changing brands. I think most of the bugs can be worked out of it, and I do think that it also is a very fine vehicle. I think alot of my decision will also lie with my electric cars. I run a FT/TC3 indoors, and I enjoy the similar tuning options, and limited parts interchangeability. But, If I start in 1/12 scale then that changes. (Hmmmm, 1/12 scales and 1/8 scales look sorta similar, maybe I'll get another MRX-3!)
NTC3NUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2003, 08:22 AM   #56
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

NTC3NUT: your wasting your time. People like that will always believe whatever they want. That every other company around has copied something from someone else, EXCEPT the company that they like. Look at it this way, anytime you see someone flaming another car, its usually because they want that car and can't affoard to get it!

Boomer: you have your facts backward, the Tamiya car doesn't look similar to the Associated car, its the other way around! Because the Tamiya car came first.

And isn't that what all this crap is about, what came first.

I don't hit RCCA's message board very often, but one of the things I like about their forums is that they don't allow people to come to a car's thread just to flame it, while contributing no useful insight. Maybe thats a path futureal might consider taking, because the "its just a copy" crap is poping up on EVERY thread for ANY new car. It gets old quick!

Last edited by Darkseid; 01-27-2003 at 08:43 AM.
Darkseid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2003, 08:23 AM   #57
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

People.......the car looks good......its going into production.......

DEAL WITH IT!!!
Old 01-27-2003, 08:44 AM   #58
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to patelladragger

maybe it's just me I don't see nearly the ntc3 bandwagon hopping going on for the mtx3. Yes people are buying it, but not many are claiming it as "Revolutionary" and the best car ever and touting how it's dominating every track when in all reality 60% or more of the entries were the same car.

I see many electric guys that jumped in nitro on the ntc3, got frustrated with the problems, and got out of nitro all together.

Ofna makes good stuff, if the car is good it will sell. None of companies that are producing kits designed on some other are "Exact" copies.

Boomer the Reflex and V1r aren't nearly EXACT copies, just ask all the reflex owners that take off trinity parts and put on kyosho ones. Neither is ntc3 - tg10r, (add schumacher's new addition), neither is STS-serpent.

All the pro cars have similar design features in one way or the other and they continually try to improve on each other.

It's evolution of the class and we should be happy the class is doing so well that the manufacturer's are paying this much attention to it with all these cars. How many new 1/12th scale kits have you seen? New electric sedans?

200mm nitro is exploding we should ride the wave.
patelladragger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2003, 03:52 PM   #59
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Send a message via ICQ to Boomer Send a message via AIM to Boomer

But I thought I WAS on the NTC3 thread, sorry. . .

I apologize for coming here and bashing the LD3. I've tried to keep my tone more laughter and objective comparisons rather than just saying it sucks.

From what I saw the car was stable and very quick. The driver did not look like he was very accustomed to it yet - he slowed nearly to a stop at the end of the straight to go around the hairpin rather than a more usual "swoop".

P-dragger - I had a couple of V1R drivers talking on Sunday and their statement (not mine) was that the Reflex stuff fits nearly perfectly on the V1R. Personally, I don't drive either and don't like belts (after my GT4. . .) so I really don't know.

I too have seen a lot of electric drivers drop nitro - but it's usually more because they can't figure out how to set up the car and, mostly, they hate tuning the motor and all the mess. It doesn't matter the model of the car - GT4, NTC3 just get the attention because they attract the drivers from their respective electric car - Mugen doesn't have an electric car like the MR4TC or TC3 to draw the "crossover" crowd. I know a lot of people that have stayed, though, and I'm glad of it.

The more that I think about it, though, the more I'm ambivalent to the LD3. I still believe that it is an almost exact carbon copy of the NTC3. Now I'm more curious to see what pieces will transfer from one to the other. But I don't see very many Ofna people around except off-road so maybe this car will bring a different type of "crossover" drivers. . . you think?
Old 01-27-2003, 04:07 PM   #60
Tech Fanatic

looks pretty cool to me

im looking forward to stomping a few this year with my mtx-3
jason102276 is offline   Reply With Quote