Old 05-12-2003, 08:43 AM   #151
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to spenzalii

Yes, threaded into the arms like the oB4
Old 05-12-2003, 04:08 PM   #152
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

spenzalii: When you do the diff gear upgrade and add the diff oil, do you need an gaskets and what parts do you need? Are they the same gears as the Ob4 Nitro?
Old 05-12-2003, 08:48 PM   #153
Tech Master

There is a gasket which I'll try not to tear up. Otherwise, silicone sealant will be the thing to use. I'm not sure if the gears are the same; the diff case is different
Old 05-13-2003, 04:21 AM   #154
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by spenzalii
There is a gasket which I'll try not to tear up. Otherwise, silicone sealant will be the thing to use. I'm not sure if the gears are the same; the diff case is different
Have you got any part numbers for the gears etc?

also,

Those that got the 80% kit, did it come with the body, exhaust header and tune pipe?

Last edited by hooked_on; 05-13-2003 at 04:29 AM.
hooked_on is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2003, 01:48 PM   #155
Tech Adept

TTT
Luckyman4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2003, 08:14 AM   #156
Tech Adept

So....what ever happened to all the people that own this car? Is it any good? Is it as competitive? Did these guys fix everything that was weak on the NTC3?
sook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2003, 08:31 AM   #157
Tech Master

Well, I like it a lot. Unfortunately, I've had rain all month over here, so I haven't got to race it yet, just run from time to time in a parking lot when the weather breaks. Aside from the car havnig the Force 12 in it, the car is quite nice. No need for the 'fix', rear toe settings stay set, and the suspension arms are nice and stiff. the car hooks and tracks great with a set of Nitro Shoes on it. I even went on and swapped to a 5 tooth spread on the tranny (15/42, 20/37) to give the engine a little extra boost, and it's handeling it fine so far. I need to swap the rear arm blocks though; as set, it just doesn't give the car enough suspension travel, causing the rear to slap quite often. The back of the car looks as if I took a belt sander to it
Old 05-30-2003, 08:43 AM   #158
Tech Adept

That is great to hear, I cant wait to race against one. I think that I would slap down the old HPI belt car against it and see what it would do against a modified car.

Would thickening up the rear oil help it from slapping the ground? Or maybe changing out the spring?
Old 05-30-2003, 08:52 AM   #159
Tech Master

Well, methinks the LD3 will lay the smack down on any HPI they have out right now (R40 notwithstanding). The drivetrain is just smoother, even with the sport level motor. I have since swapped the shock oil to 60 wt and moved the rear springs around and got a bit more movement. So it seems to be solved.

Oh yeah, the body, while pretty, isn't trimmed very well. I need to hack the rear up before I go race
Old 05-30-2003, 08:57 AM   #160
Tech Adept

Don't get me wrong Spenzalii, I race with two NTC3's. I think that the avatar status is based upon how many post people make on this forum. I have seen pro racers on this forum that have novice under their names. One is setup for concrete with rubber tires and the other is set up so stiff for asphalt running foams that the chasis still looks brand new. The asphalt car has been racing on asphalt for about a year and all of the car still looks like it came right out of the box. On the other hand, the concrete setup looks like I drove it on a sand grinder plus through a burning house!
Old 06-01-2003, 08:07 PM   #161
Tech Master

FINALLY got to race the car today. Well, sort of. I missed the first round of qualifying (religion comes first, you know). Got to register for the second. During open practice, the car ran great. Very stable, very straight. I just can't drive for crap! In any case, I thought I'd lengthen the fuel line to match the pressure line. Bad idea. Once the race started, it WOULD NOT stay on. 2 seconds and off, every time. Needness to say, my run was scrubbed. But, since the class was small, I still made the main (most likely d main...) Switching the fuel line and tweaking the needles did me good, and I was off to the races the next open practice (or as off as the little Force 12 would let me)

Race time: I'm on the line, ready to go. I'm able to avoid the jam at the start, and feel pretty good coming around the chicane to the back straight. Unfortunately, I misjudged the turn and hit the corner marker (did I mention I can't drive?) This launched the car 5 feet in the air, doing a barrel roll and landing between the curb and grass, upside down. 20 seconds and loser marshalls later, I was back on the track. Needless to say, I came in dead last. Damage: torn rear wing (which made a major difference coming into and out of turns), shock ball stud ripped from the front lower arm, and bent drive shaft (which explained the dramatic loss of acceleration). Nothing else. This car is TOUGH! I took the engine down and sealed everything and will see if the TC3 shaft will fit. If it does, I'm getting the ti version. The only thing else I need is a starter box (a definate necessity) and more motor.