R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 07-25-2006, 06:28 AM   #46
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitro$junkie
so witch body handles the best???
i have'nt used the parma M body but the stratos 3.1 and the mazda 6 i have and i have to say that the stratos for a larger track and the mazda for a smaller track is the way to go with these 2 bodies
Old 07-25-2006, 07:26 AM   #47

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Artificial-I

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcfoolz
Yes, it is... airflow on an rc car at 45mph is 450mph in scale, now you see why it makes such a difference. even as slow as 10mph, that is 100mph to you r/c.

as for the best handling car, I would say the Parma M body or the Protoform Stratus.
I was just explaining this to someone else the other day. Even at 10mph which an rc car can get to very quickly or probably on certain tracks you wont even go below that speed. A wing is very important since at 10mph your getting to scale about 100mph of wind. Even at 5mph or 3mph your getting a considerable amount. Go 50-100mph and stick your arm out the window and see if it almost almost gets ripped off. LOL

Also yeah with different RC car chassis its hard to say whats best. But with bodies its kinda easy. Stratus 3.1 and Parma-M are definitely top choice.
Artificial-I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 09:05 AM   #48
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert maestrey
It all depends if your racing in roar sanctioned events or local races that follow strict roar guidlines....if that is the case there are only a certain amount of bodies that are roar approved.. most of the bodies you have mentioned are illegal to use

I ran the Mazda 6 Body. It's very stable at high speeds and easy to move in the corners, but I feel this body causes a bit of understeer (push), so I will try the Parma M next and see what happens.

BTW...does anyone know where I can order one of these onlien for cheap?

Cheers,
Scoobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 02:11 PM   #49
Tech Apprentice

I just finished painting the Stratus 3.1 but I also have the Alfa Romeo. Is that not a good body to run? I wold hate to waste my money on this one.
SasonRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 06:43 PM   #50
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to rcfoolz

I like the alfa, but they had stopped making it a year ago. I still have 1 left unpainted. I like it, and found it to be stable on a med/large sweeping track.
Old 07-25-2006, 07:45 PM   #51
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Scott Fisher

I did not like the Alfa bodies.
Old 07-25-2006, 07:52 PM   #52
Tech Addict

I've run the new Parma Type-M on two track layouts so far - one that was large but very tight (infield pretty much more suited toward electric TC) and on another track that had two very long straights and a mix of very tight 180s and speeper like-turns at the ends. Compared to the Parma Alfa nitro body, the Parma Type-M is definitely helps my car feel a lot more balanced/neutral in all types of speeds and turns. The Alfa always felt like the car drove over the front end no matter what I did chassis adjustment wise and had a bad high-speed push.

Well worth getting the Type-M body to run on your car.

The only type of track I have not used they body on is a wide open, flowing track (like the track in Toledo that they have the Great Lakes Challenge at). However, I imagine the body will be very good there anyways.

-Rich
RichChang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 11:26 PM   #53
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

As far as the 200MM lola bodies go if sales are any indication 200MM outlaw is on the rise. We sell a boatload of 200MM outlaw K-Factory bodies. The same body Cyrul used to win the nationals. He told me he loves that body because it fits the car right and it works. I think like 7 of the twelve cars in the show used our body.

The prepainted version. Spray the main color and done.
Attached Thumbnails
Body !!! What's the best ?-untitled-1.jpg  
Old 07-27-2006, 07:12 PM   #54
Tech Elite

i wonder if the DNA will be 200mm cuz this will rock oh and mazda 3 BLITZ
wallyedmonds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 03:11 AM   #55
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorman
As far as the 200MM lola bodies go if sales are any indication 200MM outlaw is on the rise. We sell a boatload of 200MM outlaw K-Factory bodies. The same body Cyrul used to win the nationals. He told me he loves that body because it fits the car right and it works. I think like 7 of the twelve cars in the show used our body.

The prepainted version. Spray the main color and done.
I Love outlaw! I hope it picks up in the UK!

Cheers

http://www.fast-rc.co.uk/forum/index.php

Sponsored by:
Norfolk and Chance
ziggy12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 10:00 AM   #56
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitro$junkie
what are the none legal bodys like ie skyline,RX-7, and the ennzo ferrai F60,
i know i real life the enzo has crazy down force
You can't scale down air. And the scaled up speeds on a 1/10 are crazy if you really think about it. That's why bodies of late have been exaggerated to capture air or make it flow throught the body faster. This helps us drive the car rather than letting hp take to much control.

I personally love the way the Parma M handles.
kidDynomite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 12:56 AM   #57
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidDynomite
You can't scale down air. And the scaled up speeds on a 1/10 are crazy if you really think about it. That's why bodies of late have been exaggerated to capture air or make it flow throught the body faster. This helps us drive the car rather than letting hp take to much control.

I personally love the way the Parma M handles.
yes and id like to try the parma M
Old 07-30-2006, 11:41 AM   #58
Tech Elite

Default Aerodynamics..........

I do not want to take over the thread here but if any one is really interested, I'm going to be testing some bodies to see what kind of "C-l" these bodies give. (That is , tests conducted in a wind tunnel)
My guess would be that most will give positive lift (unfortunately) I know this is not what everyone would like to hear but hey-ho.

And it is correct, you can not scale up speed in the case of Aerodynamis. If it were so, I think alot of our r/c cars would become planes.... lol.

Tony
British Menace is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 07:24 PM   #59
Tech Elite

LOL and yes and yes .
Old 07-30-2006, 07:38 PM   #60
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by British Menace
I do not want to take over the thread here but if any one is really interested, I'm going to be testing some bodies to see what kind of "C-l" these bodies give. (That is , tests conducted in a wind tunnel)
My guess would be that most will give positive lift (unfortunately) I know this is not what everyone would like to hear but hey-ho.

And it is correct, you can not scale up speed in the case of Aerodynamis. If it were so, I think alot of our r/c cars would become planes.... lol.

Tony
British Ally, are you telling me that blowing cigarette smoke at my car body isn't sufficient test data for you?

jk, mate! When do you plan on starting your tests? Could you post pix too... Can't wait to see your results. My money is on the Parma M for down force and 3.1 for most streamline.
kidDynomite is offline   Reply With Quote