R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 06-12-2006, 02:16 PM   #1
Tech Rookie

Send a message via MSN to omer_yildir(tr)
Default Radio communication at the race

We want to establish a connection between our pilots and pit man during the race.Our friends are doing this with a radio communication (with vox) and quality of sound are not become efficient.Sometimes , there can be problems such as sizzling or creaking sounds. We are looking for alternative solutions to this problem. What type of applications are you using in your own tracks for radio communication ? If you can give appropritae suggestions , I'll be pleased . Thanks.
omer_yildir(tr) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 02:59 PM   #2
Tech Initiate

Look at the Motorola link below, they have two way radios with and earpiece accessory for hands free usage.

http://direct.motorola.com/ENS/phone...e=TWOWAYRADIOS
PoPRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 03:00 PM   #3
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by omer_yildir(tr)
We want to establish a connection between our pilots and pit man during the race.Our friends are doing this with a radio communication (with vox) and quality of sound are not become efficient.Sometimes , there can be problems such as sizzling or creaking sounds. We are looking for alternative solutions to this problem. What type of applications are you using in your own tracks for radio communication ? If you can give appropritae suggestions , I'll be pleased . Thanks.

I have tried in the past whistling to the pilot when it's time to pit for a refuel, quite impressive and efficient. Haven't tried the radio systems.
[quote=MugenDrew;2684554]BATTERIES are for FLASH LIGHTS, gasoline is for cleanin parts, alcohol is for me to drink and well NITRO...everybody know thats for racing.[/quote] :D:D:D
Corse-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 04:47 PM   #4
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corse-R
I have tried in the past whistling to the pilot when it's time to pit for a refuel, quite impressive and efficient. Haven't tried the radio systems.
How about cell phones with headsets?
Rapid Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 10:13 PM   #5
Tech Fanatic

Did you ever try talking to your girl with your cell from pit lane or the stands during a nitro race? It's impossible, especially when your pit guy is hearing the same noise you are.

The best way to go is NFL style.
http://www.commusa.com/catalog.aspx/Motorola_RMN5047

http://www.uncrate.com/men/gear/gami...set-004495.php

http://poseysupply.stores.yahoo.net/nflstlihe.html

Sometimes the best way is pre-rehersed hand signals. Just remember that you never want to give your pit man the birdie.
kidDynomite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 01:38 PM   #6
Tech Rookie

Send a message via MSN to omer_yildir(tr)

Thanks for replys guys, but the products in the last post seems a bit incommodious due to race conditions but our idea is to get motorola but we have some worries about its quality. also we dont its performance at all. if we cant find any other choice we will have to go with motorola, by the way ive also tried to find infos for wireless intercom, does any body use it nowadays?
omer_yildir(tr) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 07:36 PM   #7
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default THROAT MICROPHONE

Here's my suggestion the Throat Mic, a great device for your two-way radio communication between driver and pit man. This is by far one of the best minimizing unwanted noise around you, better than boom microphone which picks up a lot of noise around the pit stand.

The microphone transmit directly from your throat, it is not sensitive to your background noise. This is exceptionally ideal for usage in noisy environment.
Attached Thumbnails
Radio communication at the race-throat-mic-ptt.jpg  
FREELANCE_RCer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 10:13 PM   #8
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

"Throat Mic"...........Isn't that what Peter Frampton used in 'Frampton Comes Alive'?
bsmooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 05:48 AM   #9
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to fritzD

The Champion here in my place used a two way radio during the nationals. THe pilot used headphones and so did his pitman who was ex-champ but didn't join. I think they were using motorola.
fritzD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 09:42 AM   #10
Tech Initiate

I dislike Motorola cell phones, I had a couple and they were crap. But I know a few ppl who have had Motorola Two-Ways and said they were great. I don't believe they are terribly expensive either. The only pitfall is, if you are in the US you will need a FCC license to operate a GMRS radios. However you can get the FRS (Family Radio Service) and that does not require a license to operate.
PoPRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 10:36 AM   #11
Tech Fanatic

If you can get these they work really well. Not too pricey either.

http://www.cool-talk.co.uk/products.php
teammpp is offline   Reply With Quote