R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 01-10-2003, 06:09 PM   #1
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via AIM to jtaing858
Default the hpi rs4 3

hey im wondering wut do u racers think of the hpi rs4 3 RTR? do u think its any good or should i get the yokomo gt 4 pro?
jtaing858 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2003, 06:11 PM   #2
Tech Apprentice

get the gt4 pro. i have the gt4 rtr and it performs way better than my friends hpi type ss. stick with the yok. thats my opinion though.
stupid newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2003, 06:15 PM   #3
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via AIM to jtaing858

ohok...cuz i have a deal with 2 guys...a rs4 3 and a gt4...the rs4 has alot of hopups and the yokomo is stock..im trading a buggy....arent the hopups for the yokomo hard to get?
jtaing858 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2003, 06:19 PM   #4
Tech Apprentice

well you can always buy hopups from online if you cant find them at your LHS. i just think that the gt4 is better. it has better suspension than the hpi and if you plan to race, the gt4 is better than the hpi, from what i heard, cuz im still new to this too. lol. well, its really up to you.
stupid newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2003, 10:23 PM   #5
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via AIM to falcon68

If you have no plans of racing it for a while, and just want to drivearound in the parking lots, I would go for the HPI. While the Yokomo will handle better, there's only about a 5mph difference between the two, with the yokomo edging the RS4 SS out. All I would reccomend is that right off the bat, you spend the extra money for a racing clutch (stock one sucks)part #A885, and a better exheust. The RS4 SS comes with a header, but it's still restrictive. I would reccomend the Traxxes T-maxx header, part #4940, and the tuned pipe of your choice. Spend this extra $50. or so, and you'll have a Yokomo covered with ease. The HPI cars are a whole lot easier to find parts for, and hopups are cheaper, and more available. That'smy 2 cents
falcon68 is offline   Reply With Quote