R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 01-14-2003, 03:25 PM   #31
Tech Fanatic

and nakamura you can usually drive 10 miles get a part and install and get back to racing i have done it more than once i may have missed a qualifier but that is why we usually run 3
jason102276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2003, 03:25 PM   #32
Tech Initiate

Well, If parts wasnt offered at all, its a different story, isnt it? Besides, that will not happen in U.S.

I know you can make it ontime. what i am saying is what if lhs dont have that certain part? Besides, arent racers carry every single replacement parts to race? So buy it online before race or run to lhs and rush it during race. Either way will work. Personal preference.

Last edited by Nakamura; 01-14-2003 at 03:27 PM.
Nakamura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2003, 03:42 PM   #33
Tech Master

On a hypothetical sense.

A racer keeps all available parts as spares. (I want his bank details. )

He doesn't have access to parts in his country or LHS. So has to order parts. Takes at least a week in some cases. So parts are not readily available.

To add to this, say he can get parts within 2 days but he has been practising through the week (on a Friday for arguments sake) and breaks the parts and replaces the part with his last spare (so you cant find a possible return answer)

On race day he gets T-boned and breaks the same part. Oops, he used his last part fixing the car and doesn't have any left.

Are you starting to get the picture yet. Regardless of how many parts a person keeps, at some stage he will need a part that he doesnt have on that day. Online stores are no good to him then.
modellor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2003, 03:43 PM   #34
Dan
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by jason102276
i find it even hard to believe you have 2 cars worth only 1500

im sure they were more than that

ive probably got 1500 in my 1/8 buggy and then some

i know ive got well over 1000 in my mtx-3 alone

i carry somewhere between 300-500 worth of spare parts and still its the thing you dont have you will need every time

and at least 100 in tires

and i thought we were talking about 2 different race cars on this thread not driving hpi rs4 up our street and back
jason, I was not referring to you in regards to my post, only Nakamura.

Yeah, should seem more but I bought my 2nd car used so it drops the price somewhat considerably. My Kyosho FW04 4 stroke would have costed over a grand if it was new and with all those upgrades but I only paid $400 for it. My 1/8th buggy has about $850 in it. Hmm...better not add up all the other stuff or I'll begin to cry.
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2003, 03:52 PM   #35
Tech Initiate

I know.. But for people that dont race or those are not old enough to drive. Its a different story. It doesnt matter since they are not in hurry for parts. They going to have the parts on hand anyways. But for races, of course you will have to go to lhs. I know that. I said dont buy a race because you are afraid of parts availability. Its pointless unless you plan to race it all day. Aaa......... what the heck.

There are people driver Serpent like HPI and use it like a dash. so i dont think brand or model should be a factor here.
Old 01-14-2003, 04:02 PM   #36
Dan
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Nakamura
I know.. But for people that dont race or those are not old enough to drive. Its a different story. It doesnt matter since they are not in hurry for parts. They going to have the parts on hand anyways. But for races, of course you will have to go to lhs. I know that. I said dont buy a race because you are afraid of parts availability. Its pointless unless you plan to race it all day. Aaa......... what the heck.

There are people driver Serpent like HPI and use it like a dash. so i dont think brand or model should be a factor here.
Then PLEASE be more detailed about your description next time and don't be so quick to mouth off calling someone a "retard." You still did not mention this even after my reply post towards your comment and still seem to contradict your original post now. This could have saved you a lot of flaming if you stated this first.

Anyways, seeing as how some things are somewhat resolved. Shall we move on now and lets just RC everyone?
Old 01-14-2003, 04:48 PM   #37
Tech Initiate

I thoght everyone knows. You race doesnt mean i race so of course you speak from your point of view and i speak from my point of view. It sound stupid to you guys to buy a car w/o parts support, but it sound stuipd to me to stay away from a car w/o parts support becaues there is no lhs here anyways. It might be a big deal for hardcore racers like you but its no biggy for peoeple buy cars for bashing. Not to mention location factor. What are people here in MI going to do? There is no such thing as lhs here so according to you guys. We shouldnt play RC at all because we cant get parts anywhere regardless brand. Unless you plan to drive 100 miles for a $5 part.
Old 01-14-2003, 07:05 PM   #38
Tech Prophet

Default Re: I must be a retard to DAN. lol

Quote:
Originally posted by modellor
I guess i must be a retard too.

I wanted to run an STS Pro 10 this year but parts aren't available in my country.
modellor,

All things aside, I think the STS was a bad example. The car is a 99% copy of the Serpent Impulse.

I'm told 99% of the parts are a direct fit from Serpent's. So if you break an STS parts, you can replcae them with Serpent's... But then that defeats the purpose... Granted Serpent parts are not cheap.
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2003, 07:15 PM   #39
Tech Master

Yeah. But I was just trying to make a point. But I got a better deal anyway. I'm getting a 705 with sponsorship
Old 01-14-2003, 07:42 PM   #40
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by modellor
Yeah. But I was just trying to make a point. But I got a better deal anyway. I'm getting a 705 with sponsorship
Ummm, sponsorship from Serpent? Congrats
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2003, 10:42 AM   #41
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Send a message via ICQ to Boomer Send a message via AIM to Boomer

Quote:
Originally posted by Nakamura
I thoght everyone knows. You race doesnt mean i race so of course you speak from your point of view and i speak from my point of view. It sound stupid to you guys to buy a car w/o parts support, but it sound stuipd to me to stay away from a car w/o parts support becaues there is no lhs here anyways. It might be a big deal for hardcore racers like you but its no biggy for peoeple buy cars for bashing. Not to mention location factor. What are people here in MI going to do? There is no such thing as lhs here so according to you guys. We shouldnt play RC at all because we cant get parts anywhere regardless brand. Unless you plan to drive 100 miles for a $5 part.
The problem, Nakamura, is that you were posting as though you were racing. You didn't say anything about bashing, and the cars we were talking about are primarily RACE cars. Buying a Serpent to bash on it is like buying a 911 to drive fast on gravel roads, it's a travesty and going to ruin a beautiful, expensive car. (bad analogy, sorry, haven't finished my coffee yet! ) - pretty much the same with the Yok - the Serpent, Yok, AE, Mugen, etc. are all thorobred (sp) racing cars. Basher cars would be the HPI (sorry if you like them), TT, etc. Durable as all hell, but just not a full-on racing car.

Most of us who RACE look for cars that are supported by our LHS because it ALWAYS happens that the part we break is the part we're short on. . . Sucks, but that's life.

Bash on! If you have to mail-order parts, that's cool. But for racing, we need better support. Shoot, I've seen T-Tech cars at SoCal, but they don't run it solo, they have a TC3 or some such as a backup because they had to order parts from Europe - same with those of us who run the Corally C10X - we have an AE 10L2 as a backup because we could get eliminated if we didn't have the backup parts. It wouldn't matter if we were just bashing, but it does matter for racing. . .I got eliminated on Sunday because I didn't have a backup part and the LHS was out of that part - it sucked!

Good rule of thumb - "lurk" for a month or so before you post. . .get the feel of the board and who is who and who to listen to and how much you can say without getting smacked down hard.
Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2003, 11:02 AM   #42
Tech Initiate

THere is really no bashing purpose and race purpose car. The owner decide what to do with the car, not this forum, nor the general public or manufacture racers. For example, someone buy a ferrari doesnt mean he is going to race it. Because you guys think its a race car doesnt mean i think it is and will not use it for bash. I do not think i need to listen to you guys and obey with your point of view. I might buy a serpent as a bashing solely because i like how they look. Am i going to race? NO. I might just race a HPI because thats all i can afford. Am I going to win a race? NO. DO i care? NO. I think its you guys need to accept other people's opinion and point of views instead of just think whatever you think is right and stick to it.
Old 01-15-2003, 01:05 PM   #43
Dan
Tech Elite

You still contradict yourself. As Boomer said, in your first few posts, you talk as if it was under racing conditions. I distinctly mentioned that accidents can be caused by "getting hacked by a newbie driver, glitching, or a simple misjudgement on a turn." You're reply was "i know shit happends but you cant blame anyone but yoyrself when crash." You KNEW in context I was talking about race conditions. Now you seem to change the whole view point around after you have been flamed.

That is why I'm not going to rant any more even though I tried to end the discussion (still didn't work with you.) I do not need to fight with a 12 year old (if you really are), but you act like one anyways. I've seen a few kids your age in this hobby that have acted more mature than you. Just look at the Associated BFT thread, you have turned the discussion into personal attacks and feel you have to use profanity to justify yourself. Do I want to get myself into the same situation as you are with Boomer? No, I have better things to do with my life then argue with a little kid.

My advice? Go register a new screen name and start fresh. Contribute more like the other forum members are and less flaming. As far as I'm concerned after reading up your post counts, you've barely contributed anything positive. Enough is enough. Feel free to flame or bash me again, it will just make yourself look more stupid each time...
Old 01-15-2003, 01:50 PM   #44
Tech Initiate

What!! I didnt change my point of view at all. And i never talk in race condition because i dont fucking race. Its you guys limit yourself into race scene only not me. Who said shit only happend during Race condintion? Shit can happen when i crash into my friend's car in front of my house. Shit can happen anywhere and anytime. Shit doesnt happen in "race" only. I REALLY hate it when talk to bunch of racers. Just because you race doesnt mean i race or any other peroson race. Its you need to understand that you are not the only one in the world so dont just assume other people is in the same condition as you are not me need to convert myself into your world.
Old 01-15-2003, 02:01 PM   #45
Tech Master

Thats a fair point but you got to remember that around 99.9% of everyone on the forum race. So you should be more precise when answering and make it more known that you are not a racer. That way people will not take that for granted.
But whether you race or not is not the issue. The issue here is that you called someone a retard for not buying a car because he cant get parts in a local hobby shop.
In the racing world this is a big issue in most cases. Maybe not to you but if you had approached the situation with more thought you wouldn't be getting the treatment you are now.