R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road-3/)
-   -   evolva 2005 team edition (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road/116292-evolva-2005-team-edition.html)

ZWILLDOG 06-01-2006 10:38 PM

evolva 2005 team edition

i just got one and how is everyone hooking the on and off switches up? theres nothing in the instructions about it?
thanks

Arno 06-01-2006 11:28 PM

Originally Posted by ZWILLDOG
i just got one and how is everyone hooking the on and off switches up? theres nothing in the instructions about it?
thanks

Me personally I don't use a switch I just plug the battery right into the receiver when I need it on and unplug it when I want to turn it off. And alot of people do the same because the switches tend to go bad after a while, or if you get into a bad crash and the switch gets hit they could stop working and you will not have any signal from your radio to your receiver and that can cause your car to run away. Hope this helps.

Grinder 06-02-2006 06:28 AM

thanks

I made a place for a switch in the upper deck just in front of the antenna tube. make the proper holes in the graphite, then mount it up. I have mine so that it sits left to right on the car. Super clean look. I will post a picture tonight. ;)

bsmooth 06-02-2006 04:59 PM

KO Propo makes an electrical switch that is good. Stay away from the mechanical type switches for the above reasons.

-Steve

Team Kamikaze 06-02-2006 08:47 PM

What kind of receiver pack does the EVOLVA take ? what size battery and what configuration?

Racing4Evo 06-02-2006 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by Team Kamikaze
What kind of receiver pack does the EVOLVA take ? what size battery and what configuration?

It uses 5 AA batteries side by side.

silverM3 06-02-2006 10:23 PM

Don't do the switch. It is much cleaner for setup and wire routing

Team Kamikaze 06-03-2006 12:58 AM

Originally Posted by Racing4Evo
It uses 5 AA batteries side by side.

Does skyline makes these batteries? and is it available?

Grinder 06-03-2006 04:27 AM

1 Attachment(s)

thanks

Here is a picture of my switch. I don't use the KO electrical switch because it drains the battery even in the off position. This switch setup works great for me.

Corse-R 06-03-2006 11:05 AM

My method is quite similar to the SuperSerpent one, but with a slight modification.

A Multiplex (MPX) battery connector goes from the receiver to a place in your chassis and the wires that came from battery use the same connector. This is quite different to the servo ones, so no place to fail to connect them, when connected grip themselves very tough so no worry to self disconnect when running.

Here is a very common battery connection method. Look at this photo just for more details.

SRAD 06-03-2006 02:17 PM

re

Off the subject just a little.....how many versions of the 2005 Evolva are there? Team Edition and WC Edition...are they the same? Plus the regular vcersion. Are there more?

Maddin21 06-03-2006 05:32 PM

There are only two versions of the Evolva 2005...

Evolva 2005
Evolva 2005 (WC) Team Edition

---Maddin---

brooklynrc 06-06-2006 09:09 AM

quick question for Kyosho guys, which steering ackerman gives you the most aggressive steering?

p.s. dont use the switch on my car

captian 06-06-2006 11:10 AM

the lower the number to more steering :sneaky:

brooklynrc 06-06-2006 12:07 PM

Thanks Jimmy, see you at the track