R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 07-12-2006, 06:07 AM   #61
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbonfi_dragon
The M.Power 5-port Max tune can run for around 7 mins or so, I have never timed it...

My fave so far, definately. And considering 33,000 JPY OS Speed engines sell for almost twice the price outside of Japan (Tower Hobbies?), this thing at nearly 40,000 JPY would be like almost 400 GBP=a lot for an engine!! But over here, we can get engines like that at half the price, just 40k JPY so its well worth it. Have not tried a Zeppin, never heard of it...? Scoobs, got some links/pics or something? Would like to compare my M.Power, OS Speed and yours.

http://www.mspeed-jp.com/product/search.cgi?x12TZx - second and third engines are the 3 and 5 port TZs...

http://www.mspeed-jp.com/product/img...LA_240x180.jpg - 5 port M.Power TZ 12 parts pics

http://www.mspeed-jp.com/product/img...LA_240x180.jpg - 3 port M.Power TZ 12 parts pics

(The 3-port link does not work on the site for some reason...)

Hey Carbon,

Thanks for the help last night.....your Tamiya is SICK!

Here is a link to the Zepping Race motor:http://rc-mushroom.com/product_info....ducts_id=10549

I took mine apart last night and it looks exactly the same as the pics in the link...I cant believe the craftsmanship in this motor...it's top notch..easily up there with the Mspeed engines and top modded nova jp's ect.

Cheers,

Sal
Scoobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 10:03 AM   #62
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
The M.Power 5-port Max tune can run for around 7 mins or so, I have never timed it...

My fave so far, definately. And considering 33,000 JPY OS Speed engines sell for almost twice the price outside of Japan (Tower Hobbies?), this thing at nearly 40,000 JPY would be like almost 400 GBP=a lot for an engine!! But over here, we can get engines like that at half the price, just 40k JPY so its well worth it. Have not tried a Zeppin, never heard of it...? Scoobs, got some links/pics or something? Would like to compare my M.Power, OS Speed and yours.

http://www.mspeed-jp.com/product/search.cgi?x12TZx - second and third engines are the 3 and 5 port TZs...

http://www.mspeed-jp.com/product/img...LA_480x360.jpg - 5 port M.Power TZ 12 parts pics

http://www.mspeed-jp.com/product/img...LA_240x180.jpg - 3 port M.Power TZ 12...? Was parts pics, now its just a big pic of the engine. Oh.
Thanks you... You've given us a good clear look inside the M-speed TZ's... I've had the EB Mod's TZ... Good power... But the work done to EB Mod's TZ cannot compare to the attention to detail done to the M-speed TZ... It's almost impossible to find one here in the States... You know, it's not easy seeing the work done to a modified motor... Joe racer is not going to break down his motor to show it to you and most companies like to keep there work secret... Also the average Joe is not going to try too mod his brand new motor unless he has the right tools and experience... I do my own work now... Got tired of spending extra for so so work and the extra power was just not there... .02... There are so many good TZ's out there... You can't go wrong with whatever you choose... EB, M-speed, OS-Speed, Murman, Zeppin ect... Oh, that Zeppin link you posted was Crazy!!!

RC_Alan
rc_alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 10:09 AM   #63
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to SOLOARTIST 702
Default hmm

Quote:
Hmm, prolly isn't this Zeppin...? LMAO

http://www.zeppin.com/
i guess that was not the motor
RC AMERICA / XRAY / HUDY/ MATRIX TIRES /KOPROPO / ORCAN GT3 /RED CUP RACING MEMBER / SPEEWORLD RACEWAY/ A+ performance parts /IVE SEEN THE XRAY TEAM DRIVE SO I GOT XRAY CARS / better to keep up than to catch up

WILLIAM PENDERGRASS
SOLOARTIST 702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 10:30 AM   #64
Tech Initiate

LOL

Yeah I saw Scoobs's post and thought I would look it up. My Google had "locked on" automatically to Japanese I guess and it just came up with that. Interesting site indeed

RC_Alan, I would love to actually be able to do any work like that myself, but I am terrible at DIY, you know some of us have no choice but to pay for certain services like that...If you can do it yourself, damn thats sweet. Lucky you!

I go back on what I said before...just go to http://www.mspeed-jp.com/product/search.cgi?x12TZx and if you look down the list of pics (I am assuming most of you guys don't read Japanese) you will find the sleeves and parts for sale as spares - 3 and 5 port TZ. Even if you don't read Japanese it still says 3ポート 5ポート and you can gues which sleeve is which from that. Nice big pics of you click on the sleeves down the page.

I was going to get a Murnan before, but considering prices, it is a much better bargain to go Japanese for me as I live here, and RC is dirt cheap over here, so thank God for small favours...

But Scoobs that Zeppin engine on the URL you posted is a damn good price for what you get, I was shocked!!

Bests
Carbonfi_dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 04:57 AM   #65
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to uniquexme Send a message via Yahoo to uniquexme Send a message via Skype™ to uniquexme
Default engine break in .

guys, may i seek all of your expert advise and recommendations to break in your engine. coz previously i have done mine 1st by running 2-3 tanks on the starter box, then went down to track and run at low speed (not using 2nd speed) for about 2-3 tanks, then we hold the throttle, and turn the high speed needle for low to high, let it stay for 3 sec, then lower the high speed needle (still holding the full throttle), for 5-6 times. Finally, we fine tune the engine high speed needle to get the correct lean/rich ratio. so may i know if the above is ok?
uniquexme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 06:01 AM   #66
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to ianhobbies
Default os speed

i spoke to an owner of an os speed 5port version yesterday, he told me that this engine has good power, but has mileage problems, 4 and a half minutes! any feedbacks?
Old 07-26-2006, 02:49 AM   #67
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to uniquexme Send a message via Yahoo to uniquexme Send a message via Skype™ to uniquexme

During the very 1st start up of engine, do you guys' piston get stuck at the top of the sleeve/liner? i heard that OS Speed has a very tight piston and sleeve fitting, even right out of the box. i also remember that last time when i break in my engine, it got stuck and i have to use the screw driver to dig on the flywheel to get it down. so if anyone could kindly share their recommendations here. thanks.
Old 07-26-2006, 03:11 AM   #68
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by uniquexme
During the very 1st start up of engine, do you guys' piston get stuck at the top of the sleeve/liner? i heard that OS Speed has a very tight piston and sleeve fitting, even right out of the box. i also remember that last time when i break in my engine, it got stuck and i have to use the screw driver to dig on the flywheel to get it down. so if anyone could kindly share their recommendations here. thanks.
best thing to use is a hair drier on the head of the motor to heat it up and expand the sleeve so it can kick over easier, you must be quick to start it before the sleeve cools and shrinks back though, but once you get it started and get a little heat into it its cool.
i would do this for the first 3-5 tanks as the os's are quite a tight motor
cheers and good luck
joe
Old 07-26-2006, 06:20 PM   #69
Tech Fanatic

i wonder if there are other methods to heat up the engine coz our track there dun have power supply, thus we can't use the hair dryer thing. so i guess by digging on the flywheel really has caused those scratches on both the liner and piston.
Old 07-30-2006, 04:35 PM   #70
Tech Regular

Default Which Pipe?

Can anyone advise which legal pipe they have found to perform the best on the new OS Speed Tuned 3P engine?

I am presently using the Vantage pipe on both my RRR's. The 5P performs exceptionally well, insane power, however I was not impressed with the performance of the 3P on this pipe when I tested it last week for the first time.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
OS Speed-july-2006-021.jpg  
V1-RRR-WC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 06:25 PM   #71
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by V1-RRR-WC
Can anyone advise which legal pipe they have found to perform the best on the new OS Speed Tuned 3P engine?

I am presently using the Vantage pipe on both my RRR's. The 5P performs exceptionally well, insane power, however I was not impressed with the performance of the 3P on this pipe when I tested it last week for the first time.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
try skyline VR12+ pipe.
Old 07-31-2006, 07:12 AM   #72
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by uniquexme
try skyline VR12+ pipe.
Thanks!

Will do.
V1-RRR-WC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 08:17 AM   #73
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by V1-RRR-WC

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
If you run on a large track, the Mugen Seiki 2501 is the best. Smooth powerband with awesome top-end. I also like the Novarossi 2630 pipe with short conical header. This pipe makes insane bottom and mid, even with the shortest header, and the top-end is ever so slightly less than the mugen, but better than everything else i've tried. This pipe is a little bit thirsty though. I've been doing a lot of testing on pipes before the world championships on the stock TZ, Kondo modified TZ, and a friend's OS Speed. I'll be running my OS Speed this weekend & im expecting simlar results. We will also be testing the OS Speed T1040 pipe. The skyline VR12 is good low and mid but lacks top end. I'll be in a better position to let you know after this weekend. I 95% sold on the Mugen pipe for the worlds because the track is very big, flowing and open, and requires a nice linear powerband with as much top end as you can get!!!
Rody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 12:16 PM   #74
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rody
If you run on a large track, the Mugen Seiki 2501 is the best. Smooth powerband with awesome top-end. I also like the Novarossi 2630 pipe with short conical header. This pipe makes insane bottom and mid, even with the shortest header, and the top-end is ever so slightly less than the mugen, but better than everything else i've tried. This pipe is a little bit thirsty though. I've been doing a lot of testing on pipes before the world championships on the stock TZ, Kondo modified TZ, and a friend's OS Speed. I'll be running my OS Speed this weekend & im expecting simlar results. We will also be testing the OS Speed T1040 pipe. The skyline VR12 is good low and mid but lacks top end. I'll be in a better position to let you know after this weekend. I 95% sold on the Mugen pipe for the worlds because the track is very big, flowing and open, and requires a nice linear powerband with as much top end as you can get!!!
Where can you purchase the Mugen Pipe??

Chris Kemper
Osiris 75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 05:38 PM   #75
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osiris 75
Where can you purchase the Mugen Pipe??
www.pro-s-futaba.co.jp
Rody is offline   Reply With Quote