R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 07-08-2006, 10:09 AM   #46
Tech Initiate

M-speed have a tuned OS TZ.12 5 port ( http://www.mspeed-jp.com/product/display.cgi?MPB-008BLA )

It is the fastest tuned TZ.12 5-port available on the market, sells for 39,000 JPY (the OS Speed factory tuned 3-port is 33,000 JPY )...Those engines get the best reviews over here and are very, very fast.

I have ordered one to replace my OS Speed factory tuned TZ.12 engine.
Carbonfi_dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 06:16 PM   #47
Tech Initiate

Send a message via MSN to tamidion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbonfi_dragon
M-speed have a tuned OS TZ.12 5 port ( http://www.mspeed-jp.com/product/display.cgi?MPB-008BLA )

It is the fastest tuned TZ.12 5-port available on the market, sells for 39,000 JPY (the OS Speed factory tuned 3-port is 33,000 JPY )...Those engines get the best reviews over here and are very, very fast.

I have ordered one to replace my OS Speed factory tuned TZ.12 engine.
Found you here as well...... OS Speed is available easily in HK & Singapore but just not too sure if MSpeed is available as well. The webpage you had given me, I dont think they take international orders. Too bad I cant tried the engine. except get my friend in Tokyo to get it.
tamidion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 06:48 PM   #48
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to SOLOARTIST 702
Default hmm

dont get a 5 port if you race unless your doing outlaw if im not mistaken
RC AMERICA / XRAY / HUDY/ MATRIX TIRES /KOPROPO / ORCAN GT3 /RED CUP RACING MEMBER / SPEEWORLD RACEWAY/ A+ performance parts /IVE SEEN THE XRAY TEAM DRIVE SO I GOT XRAY CARS / better to keep up than to catch up

WILLIAM PENDERGRASS
SOLOARTIST 702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 08:45 PM   #49
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to uniquexme Send a message via Yahoo to uniquexme Send a message via Skype™ to uniquexme

so wat u are sayin is that M-speed is faster than OS Speed?
uniquexme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 01:59 AM   #50
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by uniquexme
From looking at the work done to both motors, I would have to say the M-speed would be faster... But Looks are not what makes a motor fast. The work done to the crank of the M-Speed gives me the impression that motor got some serious BALLS!!! While the OS speed motor will run much like a 5-port TZ in it's current state... Both motors will be FAST... It's just that the OS speed is more of a mass produce Mod'd motor... ie. a Mod'd 5 port sleeve converted to a 3-port, a updated 5-port crank and some case work was also done... The M-speed looks likes it's more done by hand and more attention was given in the fine details... Like the con-rod, head button work, the sleeve, the case and the crank work just to name a few... You can't go wrong with either motor though... .02

RC_Alan
rc_alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 02:03 AM   #51
Tech Elite

Send a message via ICQ to suntok2 Send a message via AIM to suntok2 Send a message via Yahoo to suntok2

Quote:
Originally Posted by uniquexme
Yes if you can see whats inside of M.speed wow you need a good machine to do the job
suntok2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 02:43 AM   #52
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to uniquexme Send a message via Yahoo to uniquexme Send a message via Skype™ to uniquexme

true also, i just saw my frenz m-speed crankshaft, compared to my stock OS TZ5port's and wow, it really makes a difference.
uniquexme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 08:07 PM   #53
Tech Initiate

I finally got my M.Power engine and have run it in. It runs quite a bit faster than the OS Speed, but then again the OS Speed is a 3 port. M.Speed also do a 3-port version (check the website), and that would be a more interesting comparison.

It is widely believed over here that the M.Power engines are a fair bit better than the OS Speed ones but you cannot really get them out of Japan (domestic order only) and the parts and engines cost more than OS Speed.

I prefer my M.Power so far and have had no problems with it. I don't think you can get either the engine or the parts abroad either, and as it is a tuned engine, even if you can get the engine getting parts could be a nightmare.

Hey, Tami !!
Old 07-11-2006, 08:27 PM   #54
Tech Adept

I'm running the 3port rb mods version of the tz .12 and I love it. It has a considerable amount more power than a stock tz and was hanging hard with modified JP engines! To me the engines sweet spot is @ the 230 range....also, this engine has great trq and lots of top end.

Now if you want to see a seriously modded tz look at the Zeppin Racing version.....sickest mod ive seen yet. Best part is that I have one sitting right next to me

Cheers,
Scoobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 08:43 PM   #55
Tech Initiate

Scoobs, u got PM (sorry for the delay)
Old 07-11-2006, 09:38 PM   #56
Tech Adept

Quote:
Scoobs, u got PM (sorry for the delay)

Thanks pal!
Scoobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 11:27 PM   #57
OVA
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Quote:
I finally got my M.Power engine and have run it in. It runs quite a bit faster than the OS Speed, but then again the OS Speed is a 3 port. M.Speed also do a 3-port version (check the website), and that would be a more interesting comparison.

It is widely believed over here that the M.Power engines are a fair bit better than the OS Speed ones but you cannot really get them out of Japan (domestic order only) and the parts and engines cost more than OS Speed.

I prefer my M.Power so far and have had no problems with it. I don't think you can get either the engine or the parts abroad either, and as it is a tuned engine, even if you can get the engine getting parts could be a nightmare.

Hey, Tami !!
Hi
How much fuel left in the tank after five mintues heat??
Old 07-11-2006, 11:29 PM   #58
OVA
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobs
I'm running the 3port rb mods version of the tz .12 and I love it. It has a considerable amount more power than a stock tz and was hanging hard with modified JP engines! To me the engines sweet spot is @ the 230 range....also, this engine has great trq and lots of top end.

Now if you want to see a seriously modded tz look at the Zeppin Racing version.....sickest mod ive seen yet. Best part is that I have one sitting right next to me

Cheers,
Tell us m ore about the Zeppin motor....
Old 07-12-2006, 12:30 AM   #59
Tech Initiate

Hmm, prolly isn't this Zeppin...? LMAO

http://www.zeppin.com/
Old 07-12-2006, 12:37 AM   #60
Tech Initiate

The M.Power 5-port Max tune can run for around 7 mins or so, I have never timed it...

My fave so far, definately. And considering 33,000 JPY OS Speed engines sell for almost twice the price outside of Japan (Tower Hobbies?), this thing at nearly 40,000 JPY would be like almost 400 GBP=a lot for an engine!! But over here, we can get engines like that at half the price, just 40k JPY so its well worth it. Have not tried a Zeppin, never heard of it...? Scoobs, got some links/pics or something? Would like to compare my M.Power, OS Speed and yours.

http://www.mspeed-jp.com/product/search.cgi?x12TZx - second and third engines are the 3 and 5 port TZs...

http://www.mspeed-jp.com/product/img...LA_480x360.jpg - 5 port M.Power TZ 12 parts pics

http://www.mspeed-jp.com/product/img...LA_240x180.jpg - 3 port M.Power TZ 12...? Was parts pics, now its just a big pic of the engine. Oh.

Last edited by Carbonfi_dragon; 07-12-2006 at 08:45 AM.