R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-24-2006, 10:12 AM   #16
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Sunnyvale, Ca
Posts: 1,293
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by C Verano
Rich,

Is the track going to be huge like it was at the Nationals?


Chris
Hey Chris,

Not as large as the Nationals. Still a good size track. Hope you and Garen can make it - a large group is coming from Revelations. Brian Bodine and friends will be down from Washington. We are looking forward to some good, laid-back, kick A racing - Northern California style.

Rich
Rich Browne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 11:19 AM   #17
Tech Elite
 
C Verano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Cali
Posts: 3,846
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Browne
Hey Chris,

Not as large as the Nationals. Still a good size track. Hope you and Garen can make it - a large group is coming from Revelations. Brian Bodine and friends will be down from Washington. We are looking forward to some good, laid-back, kick A racing - Northern California style.

Rich
Rich,

I'm trying to get everything organized to come up. I'll do my best to make it. Will there be a decent amount of practice time on Saturday?

Chris
__________________
RC Target, Capricorn RC, Matrix Tires, KO PROPO America, PowerMaster Fuel, Absolute Hobbyz, Bellybutton Paint
C Verano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 11:30 AM   #18
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Sunnyvale, Ca
Posts: 1,293
Default

Chris,

We need to get three rounds of qualifying in (Saturday) - Practice/Sign-in will start Friday at 11:00 AM and run 'til 6:00 PM - RAMS members will need to be at the track around 8:00 (or earlier) for set-up. Saturday morning the track will open at 7:00 for open practice/sign-in 'til 10ish. Sign-in's will close at 9:00 AM Saturday - if you will be later than 9:00 I suggest calling in your entry - we'll enter you in the program. I'm only guessing, but, we'll probably start qualifying betwwen 10:30 and 11:00. RC Pro uses 10 minute qualiers - makes qualifying take a little longer. The primary goal is to be done with Q's by 5:00 - we'll work backwards from there to insure plenty of "track" time for all. Feel free to give me a call. 650-280-6095. Or, talk to Dremel Boy @ Ace

Rich
Rich Browne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 11:35 AM   #19
Moderator
 
mxwrench's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Victorville, CA USA
Posts: 429
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Hey Chris,
I am dragging the trailer up to the RC Pro series this comming Thursday morning, so If you need me to haul your stuff up there there is plenty of room for EZ ups, tables etc. I will have power, Air compressor, etc. for my so cal hommies!! Let me know if I can help.

Brian Kinney 'BK'
Team Orion
__________________
Brian Kinney
TLR Design Engineer
2016 Sponsors: Team Losi Racing, AKA Tires, Orion, Nitrotane, Horizon Hobbies, Fast RC Paint.
mxwrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 05:25 PM   #20
Tech Addict
 
mike jones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: west of the 110
Posts: 712
Default

hey rich its Brian Thomas I was curious if they were going to run a sedan class or the outlaw class for the race next weekend sounds like A DUMB question but i know you guys don't run sedan much
__________________
SHEPHERD MICRO RACING, CEFX, TEAM C, CONTRAST, PICCO, KO PROPO, NOVAROSSI, BYRON ORIGINALS FUEL, JACO, DCM HOBBIES, JGO PAINTZ
mike jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 05:52 PM   #21
Tech Master
 
FREELANCE_RCer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,313
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default


This will be a great race.
FREELANCE_RCer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 05:58 PM   #22
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Sunnyvale, Ca
Posts: 1,293
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike jones
hey rich its Brian Thomas I was curious if they were going to run a sedan class or the outlaw class for the race next weekend sounds like A DUMB question but i know you guys don't run sedan much

Hey Brian,

Freelance just posted the entry form. There is a large number of 1/10 and Sedan racers in the SF Bay Area. All are welcome to enjoy the fun.

Last edited by Rich Browne; 06-24-2006 at 06:11 PM.
Rich Browne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 08:59 PM   #23
Tech Elite
 
C Verano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Cali
Posts: 3,846
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxwrench
Hey Chris,
I am dragging the trailer up to the RC Pro series this comming Thursday morning, so If you need me to haul your stuff up there there is plenty of room for EZ ups, tables etc. I will have power, Air compressor, etc. for my so cal hommies!! Let me know if I can help.

Brian Kinney 'BK'
Team Orion
Brian,

I appreciate the offer. I will keep this in mind. I was going to ship all my stuff but having someone take it up would be awesome.

Chris
__________________
RC Target, Capricorn RC, Matrix Tires, KO PROPO America, PowerMaster Fuel, Absolute Hobbyz, Bellybutton Paint
C Verano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 06:15 PM   #24
Tech Elite
 
Slapmaster6000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Edmonds, Wash.
Posts: 3,049
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Oh... the hours are ticking away. I will be in tomorrow at 10am ready to light 'er up. I am goig to show you all how to spin Scott in a corner, pull off a great brake check on Jim and call out "channel 4" on Thello. I expect nothing less from the rest of ya!

I bolted on my Empire tank grip just for this race (insert should have had it on long ago). The 10 minute quals are going out of this world "fun".

Brian
Slapmaster6000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 06:46 PM   #25
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Sunnyvale, Ca
Posts: 1,293
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slapmaster6000
Oh... the hours are ticking away. I will be in tomorrow at 10am ready to light 'er up. I am goig to show you all how to spin Scott in a corner, pull off a great brake check on Jim and call out "channel 4" on Thello. I expect nothing less from the rest of ya!

I bolted on my Empire tank grip just for this race (insert should have had it on long ago). The 10 minute quals are going out of this world "fun".

Brian


Brian,

I hope you packed the "heavy-weight" bodies - sounds like you'll be taking a pounding. Watch out for the RAMS "Monster of the Mid-Way", Matt Riddick, he's gettin' faster and he'll swap plastic with ya - RAMS style!


see ya in the AM
Rich
Rich Browne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 08:33 PM   #26
Tech Elite
 
Slapmaster6000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Edmonds, Wash.
Posts: 3,049
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Can ya check in my box of stuff I shipped for my Fender Mender?
Slapmaster6000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 07:36 AM   #27
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Sunnyvale, Ca
Posts: 1,293
Default

Fun event. 80 entries, beautiful weather and lots of nitro in the air!

We had a great turn out from Southern California - they made the 5 hour drive, thanks guys. Washington State, 3 guys flew to the event (12 hours by car). Strong local showing.

Thanks to:

Steve Webster - RC Pro - Race Director and great guy
These four RAMS guys didn't even race - they just helped:
Ron Lau, RAMS - tireless, organizer
Mike Evert, RAMS annoucing
Tony Foskett, RAMS Tech
Bill Margolis, RAMS Tech

Special thanks to Billy "raffle" Twork and his girls - Sherri and Jessah for a great raffle.

Give aways from:
Futaba
Mugen
Kyosho
Ace Hobbies
Franciscan Hobbies

JR (Ace Hobbies) for the BBQ food and mobile hobby shop.

This was a terrific event - fun!

thanks gang.

Race results at the RAMS web site. Best race was the E main 1/8th - it was an amazing display of racing. One of the fastest and most interesting races ever.
Rich Browne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 12:02 PM   #28
Tech Master
 
Canyon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,158
Trader Rating: 8 (91%+)
Default

Where's the 1/8th A main results?
Canyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 12:40 PM   #29
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Southern CA
Posts: 743
Talking Great Race! Thanks RC Pro and RAMS!

Hello everyone,

I wanted to chime in really quick to say thanks for making my first out-of-town race really fun. I'm a newbie 1/8th scaler that started few months ago at Revelations Raceway so the bigger track was fun and challenging.

So here is my special thanks list to this very prepared group:

Dana S. (Revelations Raceway) helped with tires, advice and pit work! Thanks!

Rick and Dave S. helped me with all kinds of stuff and made the trip tons of fun!

John and Ruben told me to "stop pulling over for people!", "screw e'm!" and Ruben for the great qualifying pit work.

Werner for the words of encouragement!

RAMS for the super cool layout and event coordination!

RC Pro Series staff for great organization and fun event.

Quote for this race: "Getter Done!"

My bitch for this race: Due to hard T-bone in the first corner of the first lap, (light orange car sent me upside down! ) I went from 2nd to 9th in my main. I pushed back up to 3rd then ran out of gas pushing to hard. Still fun though!
So back to Revelations with a mean sunglass tan line and

Thanks Guys!

James


Other stats:
I measured the race line of the track on Saturday with a wheel tape and got 927 ft.
The straightaway race line measured 230ft.
Inside corner to inside corner of the straight measured 211ft.
CarCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 08:22 PM   #30
Tech Elite
 
SOLOARTIST 702's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: WORLD WIDE
Posts: 3,393
Send a message via AIM to SOLOARTIST 702
Default race

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Browne
Fun event. 80 entries, beautiful weather and lots of nitro in the air!

We had a great turn out from Southern California - they made the 5 hour drive, thanks guys. Washington State, 3 guys flew to the event (12 hours by car). Strong local showing.

Thanks to:

Steve Webster - RC Pro - Race Director and great guy
These four RAMS guys didn't even race - they just helped:
Ron Lau, RAMS - tireless, organizer
Mike Evert, RAMS annoucing
Tony Foskett, RAMS Tech
Bill Margolis, RAMS Tech

Special thanks to Billy "raffle" Twork and his girls - Sherri and Jessah for a great raffle.

Give aways from:
Futaba
Mugen
Kyosho
Ace Hobbies
Franciscan Hobbies

JR (Ace Hobbies) for the BBQ food and mobile hobby shop.

This was a terrific event - fun!

thanks gang.

Race results at the RAMS web site. Best race was the E main 1/8th - it was an amazing display of racing. One of the fastest and most interesting races ever.
glad to see it went well wish i could have made it couldnt get the time hope to get there for a race soon see ya RICH B
__________________
RC AMERICA / XRAY / HUDY/ MATRIX TIRES /KOPROPO / ORCAN GT3 /RED CUP RACING MEMBER / SPEEWORLD RACEWAY/ A+ performance parts /IVE SEEN THE XRAY TEAM DRIVE SO I GOT XRAY CARS / better to keep up than to catch up

WILLIAM PENDERGRASS
SOLOARTIST 702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
R/C Pro Series Round #4 Western Division Las Vegas richey Nitro On-Road 85 09-16-2006 10:50 PM
R/C Pro Series Onroad Round #3 Western Division At Crystal Park R/C Raceway richey Nitro On-Road 113 07-31-2006 07:05 PM
RC Pro Onroad Round 2, Central Division, Lincoln, NE Z Nitro On-Road 25 06-06-2006 09:09 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 08:47 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net