Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
What fast nitro cars come with a pull start engine?  or will fit one? >

What fast nitro cars come with a pull start engine? or will fit one?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2002, 09:06 AM
Tech Initiate

Default What fast nitro cars come with a pull start engine? or will fit one?

I'm looking into getting another nitro car. so far i have two hopped tg10s. I dont want to spend like a hundred dollars on a starter box and i would rather have the convenience of a pull start, since i already have 3 pull start engines. I was thinking of getting a Tamiya tg10 r or a kyosho. so which models have a pull start engine or will fit one? thanks
Old 12-20-2002, 09:22 AM
Tech Elite

Basicly none.
Removing the pull start on an engine makes more of a difference in power output than anything else that you could do. Take the pullstarts off of the cars you have now and spend the money on a Starter Box. Your Arms will go back to being the same size too.
Old 12-20-2002, 11:41 AM
Tech Master

As far as I know, the NTC3 and the Yok GT-4 (with some part changes) will fit pullstart engines. Other than that, you're looking at needing a starter box
Old 12-20-2002, 12:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

ntc3 is the only racing car that is compatible with a pull start without modification
Old 12-21-2002, 05:40 PM
Tech Chat Moderator

not just the ntc3. The hpi nrs4 2, racer 2, rs4 3 rtr, rs4 SS, hpi nitro mini, traxxas nitro 4 tech, some ofna tc's, duratrax street force, the CEN pos touring car ect. I'm sure there's more but personally, I hate pull starters.
Old 12-22-2002, 03:01 AM
Tech Addict

You forgot half the kyosho range, including the V-One series, kyosho just re-released the V-One RR it now has a sirio engine with it, but i think that it is non pull start, but the v-one range will fit a p/s
Old 12-23-2002, 05:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

yeah i know there are alot more touring cars that can accept a pull starter but i said race cars i dont consider those other cars to be all that race worthy i know thats going to make alot of people mad but if you bring one of those other cars out to race you are going to have to do a whole lot more to make it hang with a ntc3 on the track
Old 12-23-2002, 02:47 PM
Tech Chat Moderator

Yes jason, you did say race cars. But the topic was fast nitro touring cars. All i listed were fast as that is a matter of opinion. Money and skill makes a car faster to a point. So a rs4 etc can hang with a ntc3. I see you point though, whens the last time a nitro 4 tec or street force took a big win

V-One S, i didnt forget to mention the kyosho line up. "ETC" means "and so on". But it is great of you to mention that because he didnt know. I didnt know either. I think the sirio will make them self more because people see the hp rating and shell out the $$.

V-One S, the best thing you can do before getting a new TC is read as much as you can about every single car everybody mentioned. Dont forget about the serpents and mugens. Even if they dont have a pull start it is still a great buy. You can invest in a starter box and youll save money in the long run. Non-ps engines are generaly cheaper than their PS kinds. Check out where you plan to race and and see what they are running. Talk to them to and get some info. If you get the same car, they can share setup and tuning advice.
Old 12-23-2002, 08:12 PM
Tech Initiate

ok thanks for the info. so which companies require the use of a standard shaft engine or sg type, or rear or side exhaust. I dont want to purchase the wrong parts. thanks
Old 12-24-2002, 01:27 AM
Tech Addict

jason102276:
I have seen a Thunder Tiger TS4N hang with the ntc3 with rossi engines in them.

But the reason u dont see the older cars racing in big events is because half of them are being sponsored, and the company wants to sell the new cars, not old discontinued.
Old 12-24-2002, 05:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

sure alot of cars will hang with ntc3 but under racing conditions? maybe but for the same amount of time and money invested i doubt it

since he said fast cars i thought race cars and i dont consider in my personal opinion the others to be race worthy however i know people who do race them but they are normally in the novice class or at hpi challenge

i had rs4 2 and it was fun and quick and it taught me some things but when i went to the track even with the mega bucks i put into it was not a really good performer compared to race cars so i spent more money and bought mtx-2 i wish someone had told me sooner i could have saved alot of money

where i race nobody is sponsored there arent any rc companies within hundreds of miles therefore no sponsorships some good drivers get really good deals from local hobby stores but if you came to race with us we all have the new top of the line stuff to the best of our ability to get our hands on it

subaru ntc3 can fit any engine crank style or carb but most easily a sg crank with slide carb

just so you guys know my current car is mtx-3 and it blows away my old mtx-2 and my old ntc3

if your plan is to race spend money first time save money in the long run i wish i had
Old 12-24-2002, 07:02 PM
Tech Chat Moderator

Originally posted by jason102276
since he said fast cars i thought race cars and i dont consider in my personal opinion
I agree with you man. It does take more than a descent car to hang with the leader of the pack. Boxes might say 50-60+mph, but you can't go that fast around a track.
Old 12-25-2002, 08:20 AM
Tech Fanatic

we sure try though dont we?
Old 01-05-2003, 06:17 PM
Tech Initiate

I bought a ntc3 kit and it fits a pull start. I have a os 15cvx in it and it hauls