R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 01-14-2003, 12:03 AM   #16
Tech Initiate

Man, i dont even know why i bother play with you. I am sure gas tank is the problem not engine nor carb.
Nakamura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2003, 12:25 AM   #17
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Send a message via ICQ to Boomer Send a message via AIM to Boomer

Very well, since he was a US champion, and I named the Fuel champs, and you said he was electric, Chris Mazzonla, Jon Orr, Eric Vasutin, or Joel Johnson perhaps?

I know that Jr and Pops Losi don't design their cars alone (btw, it is Pops. . .you know, they used to own Ranch Pit Stop as well. . .and race there all the time. . .). But they DID have a huge hand in it. You seem to think that these companies are these massive beauracratic monolithic companies that have whole departments dedicated to design and more dedicated to testing. I've visited Novak, I've seen Associated and Protoform - they're all in Southern California and if you ask nicely you can get at least some little piddly tour or at least see the building. They're not as large as I think you think they are. Really. The entire TEAM is involved. Kinwald tests their cars, takes his input back to the primary designers and talks to them in specific terms to make the changes in the design that is needed. Those specific terms, of necessity, are engineering in derivation.

I work with computers, networks, etc. yes. I no longer do engineering type work, I manage those who do, now (not that I like it as much. . .I like the "doing" more than the "managing"). What has that to do with anything? I can speak in specific terms about over and understeer, entry and exit. I have read what is widely considered the definitive textbook on the subject - Race Car Vehicle Dynamics (Milliken & Milliken). I have a good grasp on the geometries of vehicles and can give good feedback on what behavior is being demonstrated and what differences in behavior are being exhibited. I also never claimed to be an RC (or computer) "godd" as you put it. I have raced RC for a number of years and have raced in several national events, not that I count that as being anything - I know people who consistently make A-Mains but can't put a specific finger or term on the what or why their cars are or aren't doing something.

I think you would be surprised at how much authority and independence that Horizon is giving Losi. I don't follow Losi and don't really care about them. I only ran Losi when I ran off-road and when I got tired of mud, I left that (actually, I just like going REAL fast. . .and on-road has always been faster. . . )

All hail Nak - you're the only one posting about not believing me. Not that I care. Running for Cen isn't something that I go around boasting about. Check all 850+ posts to see how often I've boasted about it. The only times I've even mentioned it have been in this thread and in talking about a radio case (which I ran over accidentally and which survived admirably. . .)

Actually, it's different material. They use a higher quality plastic compound for the Fun Factor and for their OEM's than they do for the GX-1. The GX-1 has very flexible plastic while the others use what I believe they called "Nylon 24" (I think. . .) and was much more rigid and closer to what they made for HPI. That was our primary complaint about the car, that and the tank (which was your original suggestion, btw, and good. I just wanted him to keep a better eye on the motor since it, too, is not very good) - motors, I didn't really care about. It wasn't a legal motor so I was planning on replacing it with a .12 anyway. . .and did. And it's more than one "guy" - their manufacturing is based in Asia (China, I believe but could be wrong. . .may be HK or Taiwan).

I'm not a liar. I didn't get fired. I worked a couple of evenings a week putting in a firewall, installing software, doing junk stuff. It was a pain driving from work, past my house, TO Genka (Cen), spending a few hours there, then driving home. It just wasn't worth it.

Right now, the only smack I'm gonna talk is going to be about you. . .cause you remind me of Etahn. . .
Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2003, 12:52 AM   #18
Dan
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Nakamura, you already made yourself look like a fool in the other thread and now this?!
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2003, 01:00 AM   #19
Tech Initiate

sure..... all haim Boomer, the encycopedia ....

-you know, there are a lot more than 4 national champaign in one year because there are a lot more than 4 races.

-Losi have no indenpendence nor authorrty.

-who cares about who you worked/working for or want to talk smack on or whatever you wish to do. I dont fucking care. Do watever you want or say whatever you want.
Just a piece of advice- You might want to at least connect all your lies. For example, Doing testing then become doing network and complain poor paid job then say you dont even work there. Say you foucs on computer then doing rc all day and everywhere.
YOU'RE FUNNY MAN

Aaaaaaaa.......... who cares. Like you will listen anyways. Either way, its getting stupid talking to a air head.
Old 01-14-2003, 01:06 AM   #20
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Nakamura, you already made yourself look like a fool in the other thread and now this?!
Ya its my experty since i have nothing better to do.
I am pretty sure its the gas tank but no one agree with me so i do what i have to do. Plus i am just frastrated to see adults act like kids. I might be one too but what the heck...

Seriously, i know nobody will believe me on that threat but at least i got them to admit that TT is involved in the project. Before i said anyting, no one ever knows and AE never say anything about TT. HOw is that making a fool out of myself? In case you didnt notice, i got them to admit TT's involvement. Is anyone sure about that before i opne my mouth? I dont think so.

Last edited by Nakamura; 01-14-2003 at 02:06 AM.
Old 01-14-2003, 09:22 AM   #21
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Nakamura
sure..... all haim Boomer, the encycopedia ....

-you know, there are a lot more than 4 national champaign in one year because there are a lot more than 4 races.

That was the list of US NATIONAL Champions from 1998. All of the Onroad champions, both Electric and Nitro. All classes. I believe I listed eight. . . There are only a few NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS. . .and those are listed. . .

Quote:
-Losi have no indenpendence nor authorrty.
And this comes from your "sources" - the same ones that "designed" the BFT for AE, the same ones you talk to all the time to get your information? Hmmm, tell you what. I will ask BK on Saturday if he is at SoCal Raceway (his home track and my home track. . .) will I see you there? Oh wait, you're not in Southern Cal, so, NO, I won't.

Stop making definite statements without knowledge. . .they have to have at least SOME independence or authority, or they couldn't take a coffee break or pick their noses. . . you said NO independence or authority. . . I still believe that they have more than you think. Hmmmm.

Quote:
-who cares about who you worked/working for or want to talk smack on or whatever you wish to do. I dont fucking care. Do watever you want or say whatever you want.
Just a piece of advice- You might want to at least connect all your lies. For example, Doing testing then become doing network and complain poor paid job then say you dont even work there. Say you foucs on computer then doing rc all day and everywhere.
YOU'RE FUNNY MAN
My narrative is straight. I did some testing. The testing wasn't a job, it was something that I did because I like RC, I like new projects and I just like fiddling with gadgets - it's one of the primary reasons that I race. . . I never got paid to test - I just got everything at 50%.

I DID get paid (very little) to do networking and computer "stuff" (for want of a better more comprehensive term). It was plain that within a month or so it just wasn't worth the trouble.

Maybe you should read a bit better.

Quote:
Aaaaaaaa.......... who cares. Like you will listen anyways. Either way, its getting stupid talking to a air head.
Man, that sounds like something that I should be saying.

You're the one dropping the profanity.
You're the one who isn't reading everything.
You're the one who won't be taken seriously.

Keep it up - you're only helping yourself. . .wait, that's hurting yourself. . .
Old 01-14-2003, 12:23 PM   #22
Tech Initiate

All right. Thats it, i will confess. I am a 12 years old kid who live in MI where there are no such thing as lhs beceause its gattle here. And i am not old enough to drive. So Everyting have to get online. I am still going to junior high so my english is not perfect. Connection? what connection. I lied. All my info about TT, AE, CEN, HPI, Kyosho and any brand are from neighbors and local third rated message board with like 100 members and poor rc clubs with like 10 members. I got the info from them and my neighbors, then mix with my own imagenation. Hey thats what 12 years old do. Who cares if its true or not. I am 12.

Does this sound like a true & better story? If not, let me know where i need to improve. I plan to be a writer. How is that?
Old 01-15-2003, 10:26 AM   #23
Tech Elite

Just curious, is a gattle a cross between a goat and a cow? Cool! I've seen a lot of stuff, but that would take the cake!

Is MI Michigan or Minnesota - I can never remember. . .whichever, it's prolly friggin COLD, right?

Whatever your story. . .stick to it, I don't really care.
Old 01-15-2003, 11:08 AM   #24
Tech Initiate

uh... no cow. Just farm and no big cities. Its a country area. Have to drive 20 miles just to get onto highway. I think MI is michigan but not sure. michigan is where i am at.

When i make up someting ( not all of it) than you disagree, ok i understand that since its against your "racer logics"( even some of it are true and tonyP agree so), but when i tell the truth then you dont believe me. You know, i am sure some of the stuff you say are not true and some of it you make it up yourself too. Thats what everyone does. You do it, I do it, everyone does it. I dont think you are qualify to judge me unless you are absoultey sure that what i said is not correct and everything you said is correct. Are you absoultey sure? I dont think so. All you "racers" just asssume you are all correct. Thats why i hate forums full of just "over-confidence" racers.

Last edited by Nakamura; 01-15-2003 at 01:45 PM.
Old 01-15-2003, 05:37 PM   #25
Tech Rookie

Send a message via AIM to the bob Send a message via Yahoo to the bob
Default fixed

You'll be happy to know that the problem is solved. I ripped apart the engine and sealed everything up and it runs awsome now. I also did some work on the gas tank, because the primer was leaking. Thanks you all
the bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2003, 10:57 PM   #26
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Nakamura
uh... no cow. Just farm and no big cities. Its a country area. Have to drive 20 miles just to get onto highway. I think MI is michigan but not sure. michigan is where i am at.

When i make up someting ( not all of it) than you disagree, ok i understand that since its against your "racer logics"( even some of it are true and tonyP agree so), but when i tell the truth then you dont believe me. You know, i am sure some of the stuff you say are not true and some of it you make it up yourself too. Thats what everyone does. You do it, I do it, everyone does it. I dont think you are qualify to judge me unless you are absoultey sure that what i said is not correct and everything you said is correct. Are you absoultey sure? I dont think so. All you "racers" just asssume you are all correct. Thats why i hate forums full of just "over-confidence" racers.
Nakamura - I try very hard to keep my facts separate from my fantasies. I try very hard to base my arguments on facts and on things that I was told from very reliable sources, not from things that I merely think or make up. I try very hard not to extrapolate existing facts into new facts.

I'm not saying that I always succeed in what I try, but I do try and I think I am fairly successful at it.

Every thing I have said in this thread about Cen and about what I did with Cen is true, fact and not fiction. I've found that telling non-fact stories always catches up to you and so I try not to do it (the exception being a funny joke or something that just begs to have some exaggeration in it. . .but that's a different matter )

I don't want to judge you. I also don't want you to call me a liar when YOU don't know.

I'm not an "over-confident racer" - I know what I know, I know what I don't know and I listen when I don't know something. I know who I listen to and who I don't listen to because of the way that they comport themselves. I am confident in what I know and so I have no problem in saying what I know. If someone shows me wrong, I check what was wrong and see where I screwed up and will call myself on it every time.

The problem here was that you were trying to contradict my own personal experience. . .so I wasn't going to back down.
Old 01-15-2003, 10:58 PM   #27
Tech Elite

Default Re: fixed

Quote:
Originally posted by the bob
You'll be happy to know that the problem is solved. I ripped apart the engine and sealed everything up and it runs awsome now. I also did some work on the gas tank, because the primer was leaking. Thanks you all
I'm glad it's fixed.

Yeah, primers suck! Did you see the article about getting rid of the primer? There have been articles in most of the RC mags about it. . .and you don't need a primer anyway. . .

Glad it's going! I sincerely hope you enjoy your car!