Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
OS TZ Motor Page >

OS TZ Motor Page

OS TZ Motor Page

Old 05-21-2006, 09:57 AM
Tech Regular

Default OS TZ Motor Page

So, who's doing what and who's making what for the TZ motors. Is there anybody making better con rods for these motors. I need to change out my .12 rod as it has a stretched feel to it, having endured the really heavy wedge these engines have. We had two .21 engines break their rods right above the crank pin this w/end at Time Zone Raceway in Washington. These were motors owned by very experienced racers and I don't want to suffer their frustrations.

So far, I've run a gallon of fuel with nothing but praise for its speediness, having had it finnessed by our local motor man Mike Ellis. He mentioned some one talked on a thread about this rod problem, so here I am, checking out the fixes.

What do you know ??

Jacko
Old 05-21-2006, 11:45 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by The Fog
So, who's doing what and who's making what for the TZ motors. Is there anybody making better con rods for these motors. I need to change out my .12 rod as it has a stretched feel to it, having endured the really heavy wedge these engines have. We had two .21 engines break their rods right above the crank pin this w/end at Time Zone Raceway in Washington. These were motors owned by very experienced racers and I don't want to suffer their frustrations.

So far, I've run a gallon of fuel with nothing but praise for its speediness, having had it finnessed by our local motor man Mike Ellis. He mentioned some one talked on a thread about this rod problem, so here I am, checking out the fixes.

What do you know ??

Jacko
Who was the other 21 ?
Old 05-21-2006, 01:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Hello , there is already a thread for the os tz. As well its in the engine forum. Do a search on this problem there. If you dont find anything , then post this question and follow ups there.

http://rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=60521