R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 05-13-2008, 06:19 PM   #1441
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)

Where can I find the basic setup for the MRX4r. Or is the MRX4 ver 0602 the r version. The Mugen sight does not list the MRX-4R. Or should I use the
MRX-4X
Chicky fan club member #9
One Eighth Racers of Toledo
lil-bump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 07:49 PM   #1442
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

www.mugenseiki.com Yeah thats it. 4.5 rear block and use the MRX-4 Brake Bracket H0133 and H0136 Rear Upper Arms(cut at will). Out of the box she has a very happy rear end.
Old 05-13-2008, 07:51 PM   #1443
Tech Addict

Here is the one for the MRX4. I do not know how much differed on the R. This will give you a start.
Max Power/RC America - Mike's Hobby Shop - SRC Tires/RC America
Getting Faster With Age, Hope to see many more birthdays!

Last edited by Woodlands Racer; 04-04-2009 at 06:19 PM.
Woodlands Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 08:00 PM   #1444
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodlands Racer View Post
Here is the one for the MRX4. I do not know how much differed on the R. This will give you a start.

I can get the MRX-4 setup from Mugen. I would like to know if there was ever a base setting for the MRX-4r. Or should I try the X version

Thanks for the reply
Old 05-13-2008, 08:19 PM   #1445
Tech Addict

The base setup for the R is the one for the MRX4. That is the one attached in the Pdf file and you can also find the same one on the Mugen site which is what MugenDrew was indicating.
Max Power/RC America - Mike's Hobby Shop - SRC Tires/RC America
Getting Faster With Age, Hope to see many more birthdays!
Woodlands Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 08:32 PM   #1446
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodlands Racer View Post
The base setup for the R is the one for the MRX4. That is the one attached in the Pdf file and you can also find the same one on the Mugen site which is what MugenDrew was indicating.
Thanks I got it. He indicated he did not know the difference between the MRX4 and the MRX4r. I did not know they were the same setup. thanx again.

Race you later....
Old 05-13-2008, 08:43 PM   #1447
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC_Tuner View Post
Looking for the upgrade kit to take the Mugen MRX 4r to 4x specs. Please drop me a line if you (or a shop you know of) has one of these available.

I know my chances are slim...but giving it a shot

regards-
Eric
Not sure if the X conversion box are still available, but you can get the parts seperate. It prob cost slightly more than a box set.

Also bearing in mind that the box set conversion kit does not include the 3 piece clutch that is in the full 4X kit.

hope this helps.
Old 05-14-2008, 06:00 AM   #1448
Tech Elite

They never printed a set up sheet that was labeled 4-r. They just added the changes to the car on a 4 set up sheet. 0602 is what came with the R kits.
Old 05-14-2008, 06:30 AM   #1449
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by MugenDrew View Post
They never printed a set up sheet that was labeled 4-r. They just added the changes to the car on a 4 set up sheet. 0602 is what came with the R kits.

That's what I needed to know.

Thank you
Old 05-14-2008, 08:17 AM   #1450
Tech Elite

cool
Old 05-18-2008, 06:56 AM   #1451
Tech Elite

I've got a couple of questions about car setup. I vaguely understand running the car long or short in the rear. I believe this is how the rear upper arms are attached. Does this have to corrospond to the rear body mount also (long or short). How is front of the car changed from long to short. I'm NOT talking about long or short wheel base. The car in question Is the MRX4R.

thanks guys
Old 05-18-2008, 12:39 PM   #1452
Tech Elite

Which ever rear upper arms and brake bracket you decide to run will have no effect on which body mount links you use. The taller the body mount links the more overall down force the body will produce. I am running the tallest links from H0466b which is a part# for the x. The short links for the x are 2mm taller than the tall links that came with the r H0466.
Rear upper arm length pivot pin to pivot ball. X=shortest, 4=medium, r=longest. Longer = less camber gain or camber rise. Shorter= more camber gain or camber rise. Measure your rear camber with your car at normal ride height, now push the chassis down to the surface and measure your rear camber. Camber was gained as the chassis is compressed. This comes into play when cornering and when braking and also has a small effect on roll center.
The only thing that they have played with on the front arms is the mounting position for the bottom of the shocks on the lower arm. Front camber gain is manipulated buy changing Castor. Do keep in mind that when you change the front roll center buy adding or removing spacers from under the front upper arm mount you will effect camber gain a very small amount. I hope this helps...if not lets break it down one thing at a time...
Old 05-18-2008, 08:56 PM   #1453
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I am looking for a part # HO251B. It is the Drive pulley to the rear from the two speed shaft. It mounts to the hardware that the disk brake mounts to. The part # is listed in the manual twice and I have gone to Mugen's site and Nitrohouse and both parts list ski p (intentional) that part... I caught a rock in a parking lot and toasted the rear belt and both pulleys. I have spares from a MRX4 that I bought.... I just need to replace the parts for the next time and this is the only part I can't find....

... and if it's real simple .... be gentle...
Zootcapri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 10:56 PM   #1454
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by MugenDrew View Post
Which ever rear upper arms and brake bracket you decide to run will have no effect on which body mount links you use. The taller the body mount links the more overall down force the body will produce. I am running the tallest links from H0466b which is a part# for the x. The short links for the x are 2mm taller than the tall links that came with the r H0466.
Rear upper arm length pivot pin to pivot ball. X=shortest, 4=medium, r=longest. Longer = less camber gain or camber rise. Shorter= more camber gain or camber rise. Measure your rear camber with your car at normal ride height, now push the chassis down to the surface and measure your rear camber. Camber was gained as the chassis is compressed. This comes into play when cornering and when braking and also has a small effect on roll center.
The only thing that they have played with on the front arms is the mounting position for the bottom of the shocks on the lower arm. Front camber gain is manipulated buy changing Castor. Do keep in mind that when you change the front roll center buy adding or removing spacers from under the front upper arm mount you will effect camber gain a very small amount. I hope this helps...if not lets break it down one thing at a time...
Thanks for the reply. Give a little time to digest all of that. But I think I understand.
Old 05-19-2008, 06:04 AM   #1455
Tech Elite

Zoot the pulleys are only sold as a set H0280. Bump if you allready have downloaded the hudy set-up book you may also want to download the set-up book for the X-Ray NT1 which has some additional info ackerman, camber gain some shock tricks etc...