R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 07-03-2006, 02:07 PM   #121
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmcallister
whats the part number for the updated front upper arms on the R.
New Front Uproght for MRX4 (H0139-B) in stock now.
Joe Os is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 07:30 AM   #122
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to axle182

what spec servos do you all use? I currently run KO 2364 (180oz at .13 sec) for both steering and throttle and was wondering whether it would be better to sacrifice a little torque for more speed on the steering. I also have a Sanwa ERG VR (125oz at .07 sec) and was wondering if 125oz would be sufficient? I always try to put the fastest response servos in my cars (seems to suit my driving style) but i was also told not to go too low on torque for 1/8th.
Old 07-05-2006, 08:01 AM   #123
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to HarKonnenD

JR Z9000s for me. Std Futaba S3003 throttle servo.
Old 07-06-2006, 07:50 AM   #124
Tech Fanatic

Is it true that there is a new version of the 4R? I heard it was called version 2. Any truth to this? If so what parts did they change now?
bmcallister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 07:57 AM   #125
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to chicky03

Quote:
Is it true that there is a new version of the 4R? I heard it was called version 2. Any truth to this? If so what parts did they change now?
Are far as I can tell the updated version comes with the new uprights and the stiff chassis. That is all.

http://www.mugenseiki.co.jp/mugen/menueefi.htm Click on "click here" for more info
Old 07-06-2006, 08:36 AM   #126
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to axle182

Thats not too bad i guess. I freaked, considering im currently putting all the R parts into my mrx4, i didnt want to hear that it was already obsolete before i started! New uprights will be an easy change... might put in an order as soon as parts are available.
Old 07-06-2006, 02:17 PM   #127
Tech Elite

Does everyone like the new updated parts or basically the rear longer dampers on their MRX4? I'm still running stock and have no complaint with it. If there may be room for improvement and it does help it may be worth buying, but for the moment I'd probably just get the yellow or red clutch shoe.
Old 07-06-2006, 02:35 PM   #128
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarKonnenD
Does everyone like the new updated parts or basically the rear longer dampers on their MRX4? I'm still running stock and have no complaint with it. If there may be room for improvement and it does help it may be worth buying, but for the moment I'd probably just get the yellow or red clutch shoe.
I like the way the 4-R handles, so I do not have any fault to it... (well, maybe could be way better if they include the rear blade sway bar, but... you're ever at time to buy it).

Didn't get a plain 4... but some days ago tested one '4' and probably was because I get accustomed to the 4-R, didn't felt comfortable on the old car.

Now, what I have different from the stock 4-R is the CF front body support and a JP Aluminium clutch bell with the red clutch shoe (I'm awaiting the extra hard clutch spring). Probably a little less weight could be great (last time I weighted it the result was 2595 grams).

BTW: The Delta hard coated pinions are great... they last MUCH more than the stock ones (my 1st gear has more than 3 1/2 gallons and is really in good shape), Dave confirmed me will be doing some Mugen pinions so no more need to adapt the XP4/Evolva ones to the Mugen clutchbell (awaiting for getting a full set of 1st and 2nd gears).
[quote=MugenDrew;2684554]BATTERIES are for FLASH LIGHTS, gasoline is for cleanin parts, alcohol is for me to drink and well NITRO...everybody know thats for racing.[/quote] :D:D:D
Corse-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 03:15 PM   #129
Tech Adept

Quote:
One way to find out call mugen lol...
Joe Os is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 10:08 AM   #130
Tech Rookie

I want to purchase a Mugen MRX 4R but I want to know how far away a MRX-5 is approx? I don't want to get a new kit and another 1 is around the corner.I know once Mugen starts making an "R" kit and making kits with upgrades ie (getting rid of old parts before releasing a new kit) something new is around the corner.
Will_i_am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 10:17 AM   #131
Tech Master

that is the irony of this hobby. however due to evolving new tech manufacturer will continue to up the ante on their next one. for better or worse(new tech or money you know what i mean). if you wait for the next one you might not own one. the next one will have another one on the way. do you get the logic? get one and enjoy...
RCRjuanabbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 12:10 PM   #132
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will_i_am
I want to purchase a Mugen MRX 4R but I want to know how far away a MRX-5 is approx? I don't want to get a new kit and another 1 is around the corner.I know once Mugen starts making an "R" kit and making kits with upgrades ie (getting rid of old parts before releasing a new kit) something new is around the corner.
Sincerely... I don't know how long is the 4R on the market, they still work on evolutions for it (hence the 4-R ver.2), but think on one year or year and a half more (think on a new version for after the '07 worlds).

But... I still kept and drove my MRX3 up to April '06 and MRX4 went to the market almost a 1.5 years before... was a great car and didn't felt the need to change up to when was starting to get scarce the spare parts for the '3'.
[quote=MugenDrew;2684554]BATTERIES are for FLASH LIGHTS, gasoline is for cleanin parts, alcohol is for me to drink and well NITRO...everybody know thats for racing.[/quote] :D:D:D

Last edited by Corse-R; 07-24-2006 at 04:15 PM.
Corse-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 01:52 PM   #133
Tech Adept

Default MRX-4R

Their wont be another car for at least a year, but they will continue to make the current plat form the best they can. Mugen is the best company out there about not makin new cars every six months. Besides I think its the best car on the market. No matter were I go I can compete! Jeremy Cupps
L.P.I. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 03:31 PM   #134
Tech Elite

I agree. I run a box stock MRX4 setup I've gotten at the LHS and have no issue keeping up with others.
Old 07-27-2006, 10:50 PM   #135
Tech Apprentice

Default MRX-4

Does anyone have a good close-up digital photo of the rear of the MRX-4? The best one on the Mugen site isnt clear enough. I was curious to know how the geometry differed from the MRX-3.

Will the upper front a-arms fit on the MRX-3?
onthegas is offline   Reply With Quote