R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 06-21-2007, 08:23 AM   #1216
Tech Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to va_connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by feroz View Post
im sorry if my Q was abit stupid.didnt sound funny though. but thanx anyways.by the way,im from South Africa.so u r better off buying a kit closer to ure home
No worries, Feroz. Just clowning around with you. Mugen is a great brand and I am waiting until the fall to get a 1/8 myself. If there is a new one in the pipeline, I would be interested in hearing about it as well.
va_connoisseur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 08:47 AM   #1217
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by va_connoisseur View Post
No worries, Feroz. Just clowning around with you. Mugen is a great brand and I am waiting until the fall to get a 1/8 myself. If there is a new one in the pipeline, I would be interested in hearing about it as well.
no hard feelings dude.a friend of mugen is friend of mine stay stress free=ride a 1/8
feroz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 09:00 AM   #1218
Tech Apprentice

Default allmod RV01

has anybody used this body?how does it go?
Attached Files
File Type: pdf allmod_RV_01_1.pdf (236.1 KB, 189 views)
Old 06-22-2007, 11:02 AM   #1219
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkangel View Post
A new car won't make you faster.
It makes your pockets lighter though
Old 06-22-2007, 02:54 PM   #1220
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by feroz View Post
has anybody used this body?how does it go?
Have not tried it, but have heard good feedback about it. I'm sticking with the Parma body this season...I prefer to reduce the variables in a set-ups.
Carl Giordano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 05:25 AM   #1221
Tech Adept

feroz - no flame were intended. Just see too many people think that the latest car/hopup/whatever will make them faster automatically.

Who makes that body? Looks a lot like a heavily moded Dome body.
darkangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 05:46 AM   #1222
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Nitro$junkie

Quote:
feroz - no flame were intended. Just see too many people think that the latest car/hopup/whatever will make them faster automatically.

Its made by Mid Mugen Seiki in Germany http://www.mid-mugen.de/
Byron's
http://www.hospitalrecords.com
Nitro$junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 08:37 AM   #1223
Tech Apprentice

Quote:

sometimes a hopup just makes the fine tuning a little easier and sometimes makes a small difference in handling.
for example,when converted my 4 into a R,i did it slowly to c the difference.trust me,it did.like changing the front and rear bulkheads,u are able to adjust the tension on the belts.when changing to H0474 chassis plate,the motor ran slightly warmer due to there being no cut-outs under the engine....and so on and so on..
so not because i think it will make me faster,it just improves the car on a whole.that is how i could c the small differences cheers dude,keep on riding
as for the body,will be getting 1 in about 2 weeks time.will keep u updated on how well it goes.
Old 06-26-2007, 08:47 AM   #1224
Tech Apprentice

Quote:

practise and setup are the only hopes of being able to go faster along with patience and a "stress-free" mind set.concentration is always a factor.
what u put in is what u get outjust my opinion.
I would like to come out to the states and Canada one day just to see how ure tracks look and maybe even race there just once....
oneday
Old 06-26-2007, 08:59 AM   #1225
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Has anyone had any problems with stripping gears??

Chris Kemper
Osiris 75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 11:45 AM   #1226
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osiris 75 View Post
Has anyone had any problems with stripping gears??
Never... but... pay attention to the image attached. Comes from the MTX4 manual, but on the MRX you could be suffering the same problem.

Remove the balls marked in red and swap the grub screws for one of 3x8mm. If the 2nd gear clutch support is scored, change it for a brand new one.
Attached Thumbnails
Mugen MRX-4R-esquema-cambio-mtx4.jpg  
[quote=MugenDrew;2684554]BATTERIES are for FLASH LIGHTS, gasoline is for cleanin parts, alcohol is for me to drink and well NITRO...everybody know thats for racing.[/quote] :D:D:D
Corse-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 06:05 PM   #1227
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Yes And no . Due to the power your dealing with it is very important to pay attention to mesh between rounds. Be anal about checking it before the main. I ripped all the teeth off of first gear at Kissimme becuase I was busy with another issue and neglected to check my mesh for four rounds of qualifying. As far as the two speed, what Course-R said and you always want to run the shoes as close as possible to the housing. You may not be able to "feel" or see it shift but your greatly reducing the shock of the shift. What gear are you stripping?
MugenDrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 10:31 PM   #1228
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MugenDrew View Post
Yes And no . Due to the power your dealing with it is very important to pay attention to mesh between rounds. Be anal about checking it before the main. I ripped all the teeth off of first gear at Kissimme becuase I was busy with another issue and neglected to check my mesh for four rounds of qualifying. As far as the two speed, what Course-R said and you always want to run the shoes as close as possible to the housing. You may not be able to "feel" or see it shift but your greatly reducing the shock of the shift. What gear are you stripping?
I started stripping the first gear recently. I practiced an entire day on the same gears, then all of the sudden I started stripping them. I thought it was my pinion gears, but my friend borrowed my engine, pinions included and he did not strip. I did notice my rear shaft was moving, so I tightened it down to where it would not move at all, but I still stripped.

Chris Kemper
Osiris 75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 03:25 AM   #1229
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osiris 75 View Post
I started stripping the first gear recently. I practiced an entire day on the same gears, then all of the sudden I started stripping them. I thought it was my pinion gears, but my friend borrowed my engine, pinions included and he did not strip. I did notice my rear shaft was moving, so I tightened it down to where it would not move at all, but I still stripped.
i also experienced this a couple of weeks ago.my gearbox shaft had a +- 3mm
play(side2side)to reduce the play,i took a std glowplug washer and used it as a shim behind the pin that holds the shaft in place(behind the 2spd shoes)always make sure your meshing is 100% accurate.they must not be too tight and at the same time not too loose.spin them freely to check.make sure ure engine mount screws thread is not worn(top and bottom)just my opinion.use it,dont use it,i could be wrong..trust me,i stripped 3 sets of spurs in 1 day and finished a 15 minute final with only a first gear
cheers buddy.
Old 06-27-2007, 03:35 AM   #1230
Tech Apprentice

Default eagle

has anybody used the new R9 eagle from JP?if so,how does it go?just curious thanx in advance