Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen MRX-4R

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2007, 06:44 PM
Tech Addict

My friend does that with no change in performance. I guess it adds extra "beef" to the front end
Old 05-16-2007, 07:17 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I used to have the wide belt coversion fitted on my MRX3 . I could then use rear belts on the front which lasted longer on the dirty carparks I used to bash on . Now that I'm a fully qualified racer I race on clean tracks so there is no need to do the conversion anymore.
Old 05-16-2007, 09:26 PM
Tech Addict

I believe you can install a rear pully on the front but you will have to use the pully brace from the rear....and then you can use the rear pully
Old 05-16-2007, 11:51 PM
Tech Initiate

I see, but it seems that Xtreme888 was talking about doing the conversion on the MRX4. Is is required on the MRX4? It seems that everyone has only done this modification to the MRX3...

I am fairly sure that MS would have taken that into account when designing the MRX4 if it was that important, it seems.

I am sure that they did not incorporate a wider front belt for a reason - some kind of side effect or something...

If not, maybe someone should call up MS and tell then they missed a bit!! j/k
Old 05-17-2007, 03:51 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Check it
Attached Thumbnails Mugen MRX-4R-sun_valley_raceway.jpg   Mugen MRX-4R-sun_valley_events.jpg  
Old 05-17-2007, 04:56 PM
Tech Adept

Hi,

i installed new pullies and belts all round for the 2nd rd of our nationals. 4 qualifying rds. Made it to the B final, and then a 20 mins B final. I even placed shims under the middle carrier to tension the front belt as the previous belt woz stripped.... Teeths were missing at the end of the day !!! someone suggusted a serpent belt !!

Thanks
Old 05-17-2007, 04:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by %Yanlei%
I see, but it seems that Xtreme888 was talking about doing the conversion on the MRX4. Is is required on the MRX4? It seems that everyone has only done this modification to the MRX3...

I am fairly sure that MS would have taken that into account when designing the MRX4 if it was that important, it seems.

I am sure that they did not incorporate a wider front belt for a reason - some kind of side effect or something...

If not, maybe someone should call up MS and tell then they missed a bit!! j/k
It's not necessary. If you avoid direct hits on-power they should last awhile.
Old 05-17-2007, 06:35 PM
Tech Regular

Unless the rear cvds are a design and/or material, they are not as durable as regular dog bones. The Osaka Edition did have them, and everyone thought it was cool until you snapped one. They could not handle the torque of the motors then, so I can only imagine they cannot handle the insane power now. From what I remember, most if not all racers with that limited edition car switched to regular dog bones. That car was a worlds edition, and that track was flowing, unlike some of the parking lot tracks here in the USA. The snap that we all love coming off the corner can put tremendous force on the rear end.
Old 05-17-2007, 09:06 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

thanks for the feedback.
Old 05-18-2007, 08:32 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by xtreme888
Hi,

i installed new pullies and belts all round for the 2nd rd of our nationals. 4 qualifying rds. Made it to the B final, and then a 20 mins B final. I even placed shims under the middle carrier to tension the front belt as the previous belt woz stripped.... Teeths were missing at the end of the day !!! someone suggusted a serpent belt !!
First what you can do is to put the 4-R front bulkheads (in the case you don't have on your car installed) and use the belt tensioner included on the bulkheads, the shims trick worked on the original MRX4 because it didn't carried that belt tensioner system.

4 Qualifiers and 20 mins of a final is (depending on the belt you use) a lot of time, if you ran them on a high traction track or dusty track, much more. Going thru several sets of belts is routinely (the rubber ones are more prone to get damaged or stripped - go with the urethane ones).

You don't say which car you have and how was the track (twisty or open) if is twisty and tight is quite normal more belt wear due to the fact you're constantly accelerating and braking, an incorrect tyre split can cause too the abnormal wear on the front belt.

You can try going to an aluminium based middle bearing support like this to avoid distortion on that area of the transmission.

You do not state if you have installed aluminium pulleys or the stock plastic ones. In the case you use aluminium pulleys, go for the plastic ones, are light, rugged and cheap to replace. Another 'nicety' of the aluminium pulleys as long they wear they self-sharpen the tooth and makes easy to strip pulleys.
Old 05-18-2007, 09:47 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by xtreme888
Hi,

Thanks
Yes, worn pullies as expected! As Corse-R said stick with the plastic ones and change them frequently. And try to stay away from dust, neither the pullies nor the belts like dust and dirt. There should be no need for modifying the front pulley

Is there any difference with the serpent belts? The MS kit-spec standard kevlar ones (not the rubbers) seem to work like a dream for most people...There is probably not much point changing belts to another brand as each brand designs parts specifically for their own cars - switching may cause problems. Theredore switching to serpent belts may not be such a great idea...Just my 2p!
Old 05-20-2007, 11:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

so what are the must hopup for this car also any fresh updates or news
Old 05-21-2007, 12:20 AM
Tech Rookie

hi im new to this sport, and i was planning to start off with the mugen mrx4, i was wondering where should i purchase it ? at a hobby shop or online? im located in sol cal thanks
Old 05-21-2007, 12:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Click here this is most likely the cheapest place to get it cause you dont have to pay tax its from NY they are out of stock at the moment but if you give em a ring im sure they would be glad to help you out

Originally Posted by texticleboy
hi im new to this sport, and i was planning to start off with the mugen mrx4, i was wondering where should i purchase it ? at a hobby shop or online? im located in sol cal thanks
Old 05-21-2007, 12:32 AM
Tech Rookie

thx for the info =)

Mugen power~!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.