R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 04-28-2007, 12:18 PM   #1081
Tech Initiate

Smile Greetings

Greetings,

I am new to this forum and wondered whether or not anyone had tried out the Ninja .21 Mario Rossi on road or the Murnan full ceramic Ninja .21 in their chassis, and could tell me how they compared against each other when used in the MRX4-R, and whether or not the standard Ninja FLS EFRA 2053 with the medium length manifold is a good combination with these engines?

Regards,

Lei

%Yanlei% is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 07:47 AM   #1082
Tech Regular

Could I have please some facts (lap times?) on what are the most important upgrades that can be done to the drivetrain of the R in order to get better accelertion and top speed?
At the moment I run the R box stock and don't want to buy all the fancy titanium shafts, clutch bell, gear carriers, bearings, belts, etc.

What gives the most bang for the bucks?

Thanks guys!
fulcrum2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 07:50 AM   #1083
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fulcrum2
Could I have please some facts (lap times?) on what are the most important upgrades that can be done to the drivetrain of the R in order to get better accelertion and top speed?
At the moment I run the R box stock and don't want to buy all the fancy titanium shafts, clutch bell, gear carriers, bearings, belts, etc.

Thanks guys!

Practice.......
BYRON'S FUEL/TWISTER TIRES
cdelong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 09:57 AM   #1084
Tech Fanatic

R ARRIVED, have your lhs ordered!

happy racing!
Old 04-30-2007, 10:08 AM   #1085
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Yeap spend your money on tires,fuel and glow plugs...
Old 04-30-2007, 10:26 AM   #1086
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:

Thanks guys!
We just had the RC Pro series race here in Maryland this weekend with about fifty 1/8th scales running and the fourth place qualifier ended up in second place in the A main using a stock out of the box MRX-4R and no modded engine either. Practice,practice,practice!
THE DOCTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 11:37 AM   #1087
Tech Addict

Quote:

Thanks guys!
While there is no substitute for practice, it is essential to have a properly tuned engine and clutch. Find someone at your track that has the experience and ear for this critical step and get their help. It will differ from track to track and day to day due to the weather. I agree with the guidance on your expenditures, tire, plugs, and fuel. They do add up. So do bodies while you are getting used to the awsome power of the 1/8th scales.
Have FUN!!!!!
Max Power/RC America - Mike's Hobby Shop - SRC Tires/RC America
Getting Faster With Age, Hope to see many more birthdays!
Woodlands Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 11:00 AM   #1088
Tech Champion

Anyone use 3racing 6mm chassis ?

asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 10:14 PM   #1089
Tech Initiate

Dear asw7576,

I have tried the 3Racing chassis and must admit that the Mugen optional chassis has a much better feel to it. I do not use the 3Racing one anymore.

Did you try looking at the new Kawahara chassis kit with the carbon blocks for the cutouts?

http://www.kawahara-racing.co.jp/z.1430.html

It looks interesting, but I wonder how it actually drives and whether or not it is mainly a gimmicy upgrade.

I have ordered one just to find out. However I would recommend that you stay away from the 3Racing chassis and stick to the Mugen optional chassis.
Old 05-08-2007, 10:48 PM   #1090
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by %Yanlei%
Dear asw7576,

I have tried the 3Racing chassis and must admit that the Mugen optional chassis has a much better feel to it. I do not use the 3Racing one anymore.

Did you try looking at the new Kawahara chassis kit with the carbon blocks for the cutouts?

http://www.kawahara-racing.co.jp/z.1430.html

It looks interesting, but I wonder how it actually drives and whether or not it is mainly a gimmicy upgrade.

I have ordered one just to find out. However I would recommend that you stay away from the 3Racing chassis and stick to the Mugen optional chassis.
Thanks...... I know 3Racings' quality is ambiguous compare to Kawahara or Mugen Seiki. The reason I buy 3Racing is price, and 6mm chassis is REALLY thick after I see it.

BTW, writting in forum thread, it doesn't have to be formal writting, .... so you can start writting without Dear.

So which 3racing chassis did you use ? the 6mm or 5mm ? Thanks for replying.
asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 08:55 AM   #1091
Tech Initiate

Yes, it was the 6mm version. Unstable is not the word I would use exactly but it gave the car a slightly odd feeling that I was not keen on. I have read this entire thread and it seems that someone else has also commented as such on the 3Racing MRX4(-R) chassis (I am pretty sure it was this thread).

It may be wrong to do so but when considering upgrades that require precision and R&D (i.e. chassis plates and not something like a servo horn or a brake bar) it seems that (unfortunately) level of quality appears to increase with price. It is a shame though as 3Racing products are usually very good value for money.

If you are still using the standard mugen chassis plate definately try the upgraded one - to the best of my knowledge it has the best feel. I am just wondering how the Kawahara one will be...
Old 05-10-2007, 08:06 PM   #1092
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Nitro$junkie

Mugen have announced the release of their new RV01 1/8th scale Lola body shell which has been made in conjunction with, and named after, top Mugen racer Rick V. EFRA approved the new body gives a great balance between steering and rear traction and also features a built in V-shaped side stiffener, which due to its shape removes the need to use side stiffeners or other methods to stiffen the side of the body.
The Border have more detailed pictures of this body here.

Source: MID [mid-mugen.de]
Byron's
http://www.hospitalrecords.com
Nitro$junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 02:25 PM   #1093
Tech Addict

see a painted one here!
http://www.the-border.com/product.ph...0&bestseller=Y

3Racing-Ride-BRP-Team Orion-XRAY-HUDY-Serpent-Kyosho-Lrp-Speed Passion-MR33-JG-and many more
border r/c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 07:28 PM   #1094
Tech Initiate

Looks nice, has anybody used this body and can comment on the quality of the body and how it drives?
Old 05-12-2007, 07:51 PM   #1095
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:

Thanks guys!

Quote:
We just had the RC Pro series race here in Maryland this weekend with about fifty 1/8th scales running and the fourth place qualifier ended up in second place in the A main using a stock out of the box MRX-4R and no modded engine either. Practice,practice,practice!

Practice, also note the 2006 onroad Roar nats in master class was won by a box stock MRX4r that has been ran all year. Only put on new pullys and stayed on top of Bearings throughout the year also ran with a Mega DSll motor with a mild mod done to it
The car goes together well, have not had to do major mods to it. The only mod you want to do is shorting the rear arms and I did not do that till after the Nats.

My car out of the box with big tires 76mm comes in a little heavy but when running smaller Tires for heats it right at the mark

I will be trying the light stuff at the Biggie and I will get back to you on Times and see if it help or not

also on the drivetrain the first thing I do is clean out the grease in the bearing and put in a light oil but when you do this you need to stay on top of cleaning. I also do the same to clutch Bearing, but I put in 10w shock oil in them ( I tried it once to see how they held up because of the high RPMand Its works)but just make sure everyting is clean the Belts pullys are clean of dirt and all the clogs are clean. only clean oneway with alchol and regrease with oneway grease.

I have seen people grind there belts down on the back side to make them have more flex I tried it once and seen I had to replace them more often

hope this helps

Tim
Mike's Hobbyshop in Dallas (RIP)
Nor-Cal Hobbies [The Race Place]

Last edited by tpczx6; 05-12-2007 at 08:06 PM.
tpczx6 is offline   Reply With Quote