R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 10-30-2006, 02:51 AM   #421
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by zafira2310
R u sure? the book say you put 2 on the inside and 1 on the wheel side. fit perfectly on mine....
If yours were perfectly fit then good on you.

Mine wasn't fit.
asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 04:11 AM   #422
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by asw7576

Mine wasn't fit.
bring back to akok than
zafira2310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 06:18 AM   #423
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by asw7576

Mine wasn't fit.
Only fits with sterring knuckle 139-B. Will not fit with original 139 part number or 158 knucckles. If the 3 shims do not fit you do not have the 139-B parts. I found this out by ordering the wrong parts twice.
POWER MASTER Fuel, 2mm Designs
Protoform Bodies, Avid Bearings, AMR Engines
YBSLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 10:08 AM   #424
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by YBSLOW
Only fits with sterring knuckle 139-B. Will not fit with original 139 part number or 158 knucckles. If the 3 shims do not fit you do not have the 139-B parts. I found this out by ordering the wrong parts twice.
It's okay..... Thanks for your info.

I've seen some people with 3 shims and it shows some wear on the outer shim ( being pressed by the pin and bearing ). I prefer to have a gap slightly.

Last edited by asw7576; 10-31-2006 at 10:20 AM.
Old 10-31-2006, 01:11 PM   #425
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

These washers and there position are an adjustment that is called grub rate. All the washers behind the wheel drive pin=slower response/push. Two on the back side of the axle more responsive/twitchier.
Old 10-31-2006, 05:12 PM   #426
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Send a message via MSN to Pooh2

What's good Mike? Mike can u help us out with this? I thought it was scrubset thing?

"Since the Bible and the church are obviously mistaken in telling us where we came from, how can we trust them to tell us where we are going"?
Pooh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 06:32 AM   #427
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Hey pooh2 terminology thing I think. The info I have in a couple of "race car" chassis books refer to it as "grub rate" and the Karters call it "scrub radius". Placement of the washers will affect how high the inside front tire pushes the chassis up and how far the outside wheel lets the chassis fall down at corner entry. So this is a fine tune for how much your chosen caster setting tilts the chassis when the wheel is turned.
Old 11-02-2006, 10:37 PM   #428
Tech Addict

Anyone have a good base setup for Revelation Raceway in So.Cal. I have been fighting trying to get more steering off throttle for the last 2 weeks and cant seem to find any. Off throttle it seems the turning radius is ridiculously large, and on throttle i get a good initial push which doesnt help the situation.

After trying several things the best i have found was:

Front:

Ride: 5mm
Droop:2mm
Toe: +1 (out)
Camber: -1.5
Arm Spacers:1 thick in front, 1 thick, 2 small in rear
Springs:White
Oil: 600wt Mugen
Sway: Soft
Tires: 40 Shore

Rear:

Ride: 6mm
Droop:7mm
Toe:-2.5 (In)
Camber:-3
Springs: Pink
Oil: 600 wt
Sway: Stock, Stock Link Lengths

Any thoughts or suggestions?
tunerjetta29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 12:37 AM   #429
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by tunerjetta29
Anyone have a good base setup for Revelation Raceway in So.Cal. I have been fighting trying to get more steering off throttle for the last 2 weeks and cant seem to find any. Off throttle it seems the turning radius is ridiculously large, and on throttle i get a good initial push which doesnt help the situation.

After trying several things the best i have found was:

Front:

Ride: 5mm
Droop:2mm
Toe: +1 (out)
Camber: -1.5
Arm Spacers:1 thick in front, 1 thick, 2 small in rear
Springs:White
Oil: 600wt Mugen
Sway: Soft

Rear:

Ride: 6mm
Droop:7mm
Toe:-2.5 (In)
Camber:-3
Springs: Pink
Oil: 600 wt
Sway: Stock, Stock Link Lengths

I think is your droop / downstop.

Try 0 front and 9 rear on hudy block. If it spins out, try 8 or 7 for rear downstop.
Also try A steering ackerman.
Old 11-03-2006, 01:11 AM   #430
Tech Addict

hey whats up tunerjetta sound like revelation is stressing you out. don't worry your not that far off. first off it seems like your running alot of toe in in the back of the car for a track like rev. with as much traction as it has. maybe around 1.5 % of rear toe and try out the 4.5 rear block to free up the rear end even more. next i'm not sure if your mean the red rear springs when you said pink or if you meant pink. not sure if pink is softer or harder then white but when i was there i ran whites all the way around on the car. also which body are you running on the car, i know the new mugen body gives you alot of front bit which whould help you out alot at rev. and try a little harder rear shock oil ..around 70 or 80 wt.

just my 2 cents....hopefully it was helpful
Old 11-03-2006, 02:28 AM   #431
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike jones
i'm not sure if your mean the red rear springs when you said pink or if you meant pink. not sure if pink is softer or harder then white but when i was there i ran whites all the way around on the car. also which body are you running on the car, i know the new mugen body gives you alot of front bit which whould help you out alot at rev. and try a little harder rear shock oil ..around 70 or 80 wt.
The Mugen springs from soft to hard (useables for MRX4) are the next ones:

Grey (softer than stock, very unusual, but...).
White (Stock)
Red (only rear)
Pink (only rear)
[quote=MugenDrew;2684554]BATTERIES are for FLASH LIGHTS, gasoline is for cleanin parts, alcohol is for me to drink and well NITRO...everybody know thats for racing.[/quote] :D:D:D
Corse-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 08:53 AM   #432
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:

Hi tunerjetta29,

Here's the MRX-4R set up we ran during the recent Kyosho Championship Race @ Revelation Raceway:

Front Suspension:

Track Width : 250 mm
Ride Height : 6 mm
Camber Angle : -2.0 mm
Toe : 0.5 mm OUT
Rebound Stop : 0.0 mm
Bump Stop : Not used
Wheel Base : Short Wheelbase Setting
Upper Arm Spacer : 2.0 mm
Upper Arm Holder Position : 1.0 mm
Sway Bar : 45 degree angle
Front Shock Oil : Mugen 600
Front Shock Spring : Mugen White
Front Shock Piston : Stock
Front Shock Position : #2

Rear Suspension:

Track Width : 262 mm
Ride Height : 7.0 mm
Camber Angle : -3.5 mm
Toe : 1.5 mm IN
Rebound Stop : 8.0 mm
Bump Stop : Not used
Upright Spacer : 2.0 mm
Rear Block : 5.5 mm
Sway Bar : Stock @2.5mm forward
Rear Upper Arm : Long Setting
Rear Body Mount : Outer position
Rear Shock Piston : Stock
Rear Shock Oil : Mugen 700
Rear Shock Spring : Mugen White
Rear Shock Position : #2

Steering Ackerman : B position

Rear Tires : GRP 40 (74.0 mm)
Front Tires : GRP 40 (67.0 mm)

Clutch Spring : MSR Spring
Clutch Pad : Gray
Clutch Cen Shoe : Light weight
Clutch Nut Position : 9.2 mm
Clutch Bell Clearance : 0.4 mm

Gearing : 1st (16/49)
2nd (20/46)

Hope this helps ...........
Old 11-03-2006, 09:36 AM   #433
Tech Addict

Thanks for the suggestions guys,

asw7576- ive actually tried 0 droop in front with between 7 and 9 in rear and its didnt seem to help.

mikejones: as Corse-R stated pink is the stiffest spring Mugen makes. I am currently running the 4.5mm rear arm mounts as well.

Ron C. Thanks for the setup, Im going to try it next time out and see if it helps!

I do have one more question while im at it. It doesnt seem like from looking at the different steering ackerman settings that they can do anything (i know they do i just cant see why)? The holes are fixed in the steering arm and the thicknesses seem pretty much the same. What changes when you go from one to the other?
tunerjetta29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 09:44 AM   #434
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:

asw7576- ive actually tried 0 droop in front with between 7 and 9 in rear and its didnt seem to help.

mikejones: as Corse-R stated pink is the stiffest spring Mugen makes. I am currently running the 4.5mm rear arm mounts as well.

Ron C. Thanks for the setup, Im going to try it next time out and see if it helps!
You're welcome.

If you see any of the Mugen Guys at Rev, feel free to come up for help. We'll be happy to give you a hand.
Old 11-03-2006, 10:12 AM   #435
Tech Champion

Quote:

I do have one more question while im at it. It doesnt seem like from looking at the different steering ackerman settings that they can do anything (i know they do i just cant see why)? The holes are fixed in the steering arm and the thicknesses seem pretty much the same. What changes when you go from one to the other?
The ackerman plates are same thickness A,B,C,D. The difference is the holes position. A plate more aggressive steering while D plate is smoothest.
Check your Transmitter setting for Steering EPA and Dual Rate. Maybe the steering throw left and right are not full completely. What servo do you use ? How many kilo ?