R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-05-2006, 03:04 PM   #151
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: cincinnati ohio
Posts: 881
Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)
Default Buggy engine

Hey aws7576 I have ran a ws7 in a on road car. Here is my suggestion. Get a short conical header and a 9886 pipe .then get a turbo plug underhead and find a head off a on-road novarossi based motor and you will be suprised how good it works.
latemodel13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 02:01 PM   #152
Tech Champion
 
asw7576's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 5,792
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by latemodel13
Hey aws7576 I have ran a ws7 in a on road car. Here is my suggestion. Get a short conical header and a 9886 pipe .then get a turbo plug underhead and find a head off a on-road novarossi based motor and you will be suprised how good it works.
Thank you
__________________
On Road : Xray NT1 , RX8 , T4 || Mugen Seiki MRX4-R , MTX4 , MTX3 prospec || Tamiya M03 , M04 || Top Racing Sabre FD2
Off Road : Xray XT8 || Hobao Hyper 8
Radio : Futaba 3PKS || KO propo EX-10 eurus
asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 02:42 PM   #153
Tech Initiate
 
dpdiehl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: St Charles, MO
Posts: 29
Default

Most of you might know this already but I didn't...and found out the hard way so I thought I'd mention it so no one else makes the same mistake.

Before the main at the GLC this past weekend I changed the lower front left arm on my MRX4R because the suspension pin had been moving back a bit. The plastic that the set-screw goes in to hold the suspension pin in place must have been a bit stripped. I put on a new front left lower arm as part of my rebuild before the main. 30 minutes before the main my car is back together and I throw it on the tweak board and the bubble is slammed all the way to one side. I had no idea what I had put back together wrong but the only way to adjust it was with springs and sway bars. The car was a mess to try and drive in the main. I found out today talking to Mike S that the front lower arms on the MRX4R have a different shock mount location than the MRX4 arms and I had put on a MRX4 arm by mistake so I had different spring rates on the left and right sides. The part numbers are the same for the MRX4 and MRX4R front arms so you have to know to look for the difference if you may have old lower front arms in your parts supply (or hobby shops part supply). Anyway...most of you may have know this but maybe this will keep someone else from having the same problem.
dpdiehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 02:53 PM   #154
ND
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 103
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpdiehl
Most of you might know this already but I didn't...and found out the hard way so I thought I'd mention it so no one else makes the same mistake.

Before the main at the GLC this past weekend I changed the lower front left arm on my MRX4R because the suspension pin had been moving back a bit. The plastic that the set-screw goes in to hold the suspension pin in place must have been a bit stripped. I put on a new front left lower arm as part of my rebuild before the main. 30 minutes before the main my car is back together and I throw it on the tweak board and the bubble is slammed all the way to one side. I had no idea what I had put back together wrong but the only way to adjust it was with springs and sway bars. The car was a mess to try and drive in the main. I found out today talking to Mike S that the front lower arms on the MRX4R have a different shock mount location than the MRX4 arms and I had put on a MRX4 arm by mistake so I had different spring rates on the left and right sides. The part numbers are the same for the MRX4 and MRX4R front arms so you have to know to look for the difference if you may have old lower front arms in your parts supply (or hobby shops part supply). Anyway...most of you may have know this but maybe this will keep someone else from having the same problem.
This applies to the front and rear lower wishbones, the mounting point is further out on the MRX4-R arms, you can see this if you look closely at them, but it is a common mistake especially when you re-building before a final (I did the same on the rear).

In future parts that are different will have a different part number from to stop this happening, example the new front uprights are HO139B, where as the old ones were HO139.
ND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 03:05 PM   #155
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Cambridge,Ontario,Canada
Posts: 213
Default

diehl, i did the same thing, i set up the car using the MRX4 arms and the car worked great, however , the first couple of days of practice i was running with one old and one new arm.(not a good idea).
also, if you check the rod ends on your shocks, you will notice that they have little grooves cut in them. this is caused from the MRX4R arms as the shock position is too far out and when you turn , the inside of the rim rubs against it.
the problem is solved by using the old arms.
steve
AKSHUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 07:34 PM   #156
Tech Initiate
 
dpdiehl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: St Charles, MO
Posts: 29
Default

makes me feel a little better hearing I'm not the only one to make this mistake and end up with mis-matched arms. waste of a good opportunity though, basically dialing myself out of any chance of contention before the main even started.

On a brighter note....got to run the new MSR "Whip" body at the GLC. Even though the MSR "Whip" was a heavyweight version, it was still a definite improvement over the lightweight Dome body I had been using.
dpdiehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 02:44 AM   #157
ND
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 103
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpdiehl
makes me feel a little better hearing I'm not the only one to make this mistake and end up with mis-matched arms. waste of a good opportunity though, basically dialing myself out of any chance of contention before the main even started.

On a brighter note....got to run the new MSR "Whip" body at the GLC. Even though the MSR "Whip" was a heavyweight version, it was still a definite improvement over the lightweight Dome body I had been using.
Hi

Any chance of posting a picture of the MSR bodyshell?
ND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 03:11 AM   #158
Tech Champion
 
asw7576's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 5,792
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpdiehl
makes me feel a little better hearing I'm not the only one to make this mistake and end up with mis-matched arms. waste of a good opportunity though, basically dialing myself out of any chance of contention before the main even started.

On a brighter note....got to run the new MSR "Whip" body at the GLC. Even though the MSR "Whip" was a heavyweight version, it was still a definite improvement over the lightweight Dome body I had been using.
I've got Serpent bodies. The lexan is thick and the shape is handsome.

Do you have MSR weblinks ?
__________________
On Road : Xray NT1 , RX8 , T4 || Mugen Seiki MRX4-R , MTX4 , MTX3 prospec || Tamiya M03 , M04 || Top Racing Sabre FD2
Off Road : Xray XT8 || Hobao Hyper 8
Radio : Futaba 3PKS || KO propo EX-10 eurus
asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 08:34 AM   #159
Tech Master
 
racer x 1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: im 4rm a far away place called 1st
Posts: 1,825
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

the msr body looks just like the dome but with only one cockpit other than that there pretty identical looking.
__________________
Matt Bell
Mugen MRX5 Ae R5.2 X6^3 M11x All powered by Speedtech Rc

Last edited by racer x 1; 08-09-2006 at 10:57 AM.
racer x 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 09:50 AM   #160
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Ewa Beach, Hi
Posts: 336
Default

I will post few pics of the MSR 1002 "The Whip" body later today.
Mike_Swauger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 03:24 PM   #161
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Cambridge,Ontario,Canada
Posts: 213
Default

i purchased 2 of the whip bodies at the GLC, they look pretty cool.
one thing i did notice , however, is the side walls are a little thin near the rear wheels.
im gonna try and reinforce it with some fibre tape and shoo goo.
anyone else have any suggestions??
steve
AKSHUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 03:28 PM   #162
Tech Master
 
captian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: city that never sleeps
Posts: 1,832
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKSHUN
i purchased 2 of the whip bodies at the GLC, they look pretty cool.
one thing i did notice , however, is the side walls are a little thin near the rear wheels.
im gonna try and reinforce it with some fibre tape and shoo goo.
anyone else have any suggestions??
steve
ha steve this is jimmy sorry i missed you at the glc could not get the time off sounds like you had fun
__________________
serpent america * max power * beast mods *kopropo usa* protoform * team cmdi
captian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 05:08 PM   #163
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Ewa Beach, Hi
Posts: 336
Default

Here are you few pics of Mike Strack MSR Whip.
Attached Thumbnails
Mugen MRX-4R-rc2-010.jpg   Mugen MRX-4R-rc2-019.jpg   Mugen MRX-4R-rc3-007.jpg  
Mike_Swauger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 05:34 PM   #164
Tech Master
 
sohlman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Outside NYC
Posts: 1,739
Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)
Default

This is an awesome body and it's aeros were developed exclusively for the MRX4R...may fit other brands, but respectfully, "nobody cares." LOL Notice the cut-outs behind the front wheels and behind the front body posts. All functional. There are also other cut-outs, not visible. Can't wait to run mine.
__________________
Steve Sohl
sohlman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 06:41 PM   #165
Tech Regular
 
Kurly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Chicago, Il
Posts: 251
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Simply Awesome

Hey Mike, just wanted to let you know I ran mine at the GLC ant it was better than the body I ran at IRP. Keep up the good work........Kurt L
__________________
L2Kracing, LeisureHours Hobbies & Raceway
Gizmo Racing USA, ARC USA, Motiv RC.
Kurly is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MUGEN MBX5R/MUGEN MBX5T PROSPEC/TRAXXAS RACE REVO Jason Halvorson R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 14 01-12-2008 10:32 AM
Mugen 5T Chassis, Mugen 46 Tooth Pinion, Associated Ride Height Gauge bretzkej R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 1 08-19-2007 06:31 PM
USA's Most Wanted FOR SALE Mugen MBX5R,Losi 8 comp, and Mugen MBX5T Prospec Truggy nobike R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 69 04-28-2007 07:45 PM
Another MTX3 prospec w lots of parts and an optional Mugen X12 w Mugen pipe Scott Fisher R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 11 11-21-2005 05:45 PM
drake xxx nt and mugen mst-1+extras......Looking for a kanai 2 or maybe mugen buggy [email protected] R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 06-30-2003 09:31 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:47 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net