Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Orion wasp

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2006, 06:59 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Orion wasp

I just bought a brand new orion wasp .12 se-ps drone engine. Part number 80061- This should be an awesome motor just for back yard bashing and should be much better than ae's stock .15, right? the box says it is 2.11cc, 34000 rpm, 1.25hp. I wanted an OS and had the money but the guy sold me this instead. I think they are being discontinued? I only paid 79.99!
Old 05-12-2006, 07:52 PM
Tech Elite

This is a good engine especially for the price. This same engine (minus pull-start) is the same engine Team Orion factory driver Ryan Cavalieri uses.
Old 05-14-2006, 01:45 AM
Tech Initiate

i just ran a couple tanks through the motor for break in and it fired right up! However I tried all kinds of adjustments but the throttle linkage idles great and is adjusted perfect to give me full throttle when I hit it, but when I brake, it wants to shut off cause it make the carb hole smaller than idle? wtf!!!
Old 05-14-2006, 03:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Open the idle screw duhh! lol
Old 05-14-2006, 03:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dohc91crx
i just ran a couple tanks through the motor for break in and it fired right up! However I tried all kinds of adjustments but the throttle linkage idles great and is adjusted perfect to give me full throttle when I hit it, but when I brake, it wants to shut off cause it make the carb hole smaller than idle? wtf!!!

Sounds like your car isnt at idle. When your at idle the carb should be pushed as far close as possible. Make sure this is setup right. This should be adjusted on the cars linkage if possible.

Then once you do this prepare to set the idle screw correct so the car will stay running at true idle.
Old 05-14-2006, 09:19 AM
Tech Initiate

haha- this was my first motor swap. There isnothing I can do with the linkage- every time I push the brake it closes the carb a little. That carb closes to small when it goes all the way. but i will try to find the idle screw. I didnt even know it was there!haha
Old 05-14-2006, 09:52 AM
Tech Initiate

the engine idle screw says turn clockwise to higher idle but it was already tight. Is there a setting where I can set the most the carb will close?
Old 05-14-2006, 10:16 AM
Tech Elite

You need to take the air filter off and close the throttle , there needs to be about a 1mm opening when the throttle is closed.

Then adjust your linkage, there should be adjustments on your radio if there isnt one on your car. Normally a round collar with a stop screw. You turn the radio and switch the car on and once you loosen push that in to make it close the arm fully when at idle. Then tighten that screw and adjust your ATV on your radio if it has the function.

This is important to get the motor to run correctly , do you have a local hobby shop if this is too far beyond you will need them to explain this kinda stuff to you and let you know if its even possible to do so.
Old 05-14-2006, 10:21 AM
Tech Initiate

cool- thanks a lot- I will try this and I might take your advice and go to my lhs.
Old 05-14-2006, 10:31 AM
Tech Initiate

like-everything is adjusted right it is just that when I brake it makes the carb close smaller than idle.

I have the xs3 radio btw.
Old 05-14-2006, 10:34 AM
Tech Elite

What you think is adjust right isnt , there is a problem with the length , the system is probably right its just the length or adjustment collars arent in there correct positions.

Get out your radios manual and look up how to set ATV. Also always a good idea is to get real familiar with your radios manual , you will learn a lot of good things on how to control your radio and setup things.
Old 05-14-2006, 11:54 AM
Tech Initiate

cool-thanks a lot man- i really appreciateyour time- i will post how everything works out!
Old 05-14-2006, 12:10 PM
Tech Initiate

it was the idle adjust screw- its raining here so i cant try it out now but i tightened it a lot- it was hard cause of the spring- i thought i was even going to have to cut the spring a little- anyway i tightened it as much as i could and now when i brake the hole doesnt get smaller- i guess the screw acts like a stopper that pushes against the carb so it can not close anymore. I adjusted my idle on my radio too to where it is the same opening of carb as when i brake, this way I am idling at the same rpm when I am not on the gas and when I am on the brake. This is all making sense now!!!

Also if I need to if I cut the spring on the idle adjust screw just in case the hole is not big enough, will I hurt anything?

Thanks
Old 05-14-2006, 12:14 PM
Tech Initiate

sorry bout all the posts but this is one of my last ones for help on this problem-

I just realized I buckled the spring cause of how much I had to tighten it but I needed to. I shouldbe fine though, right?
Old 05-14-2006, 12:29 PM
Tech Elite

Thats completely wrong, your car will not run right nor will it stay still I bet. You want to set it back to stock and make sure there is only a 1mm opening inside the carb.

Last edited by Artificial-I; 05-14-2006 at 01:58 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.