R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 06-02-2008, 10:25 AM   #586
Tech Addict

Exclamation

Only 6 Days until we get to play on the Onatrio 1/8 On Road Racing Club's Asphalt Circuit. Round #3 of the IronMan Challenge Series.
ElliotCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 04:29 PM   #587
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Yea that`s right!!! can`t wait to fire up my new beast, terror beware
nitro ho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 07:15 PM   #588
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by nytaurean View Post
We had an absolute blast racing with everyone at the Can Am Race. We will be back next year! Hopefully we will see some of you at the Capitol Classic next week, whoever doesn't make it to that we will see at the Nationals in Sept. Thank You to Gary, Bill, Ray, John, everyone for your hospitality, we had a really good time.
Glad to have you up here for the CDN Nats. We had a good time this year too. Bill, John, Gary and I expect to be at the 1/8 ROAR Nats at 301 in September.Look forward to seeing you and the gang Taurean.

Raye
Old 06-04-2008, 08:00 PM   #589
Tech Addict

The Rainout A Main from Race 2 will be run on Sunday at Race 3. The Rainout Main will be 15 Minutes.
Old 06-04-2008, 08:59 PM   #590
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Is there club racing every weekend?

Went and checked out the Can-Am qual's on the Saturday, The track looks great! Hoping to come out and join in on the fun soon.

Will

Team Hybrid

www.XtremeRC.ca. | ZZhobby.com | DRCRC.ca | DurhamRC.com | Ontariooneeighth.com
offroadnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 12:56 PM   #591
Tech Addict

Exclamation

2008 SCHEDULE

Race No. 1 - Sunday, April 27

Race No. 2 - Sunday, May 11

2008 CAN-AM CHALLENGE / RC PRO SERIES: May 24th & 25th

Race No. 3 - Sunday, June 8

Race No. 4 - Sunday, June 22

2008 CANADIAN GAS NATIONALS: June 28th & June 29th

Race No. 5 - Sunday, July 20

Race No. 6 - Sunday, August 17

Charity Race / Race No. 7 - Sunday, September 14th

Race No. 8 - Sunday, September 28

Join us for some FUN!
Old 06-06-2008, 07:53 PM   #592
Tech Apprentice

Thanks Elliot!

Gonna try and get out there Sunday to join in on the fun.

Will

Team Hybrid

Old 06-07-2008, 08:53 PM   #593
Tech Addict

Exclamation

There are a bunch of our Club members already signed up for the ROAR Nationals at 301 in September. This will be a great Club Road Trip.

Only 2 Club Races before the 2008 CANADIAN On Road NITRO Nationals - June 28th / 29th

Racing Tomorrow - Sunday June 8th - see you there.
Old 06-10-2008, 08:34 PM   #594
Tech Adept

I must advise everyone that our very successful 1/8 racing program has recently been causing me constant grief from neighborhood noise complaints and regular phone calls from City of Hamilton By-Law Enforcement. I now face imminent charges and the only way to stop these charges is immediate action on our behalf. I regret to announce that we must temporarily pause our racing activities at the Ontario 1/8 racing circuit.

However, there is good news to go with the above not so good news. I have been able to secure the use of a sound absorbing noise wall along the main straight of the track. As of late this afternoon, our landowner has given us permission to install the noise wall.

The next Series race on June 22 is cancelled, the Canadian Gas Nationals will be re-scheduled to some date in August and the July 20 Series race is tentative pending the completed installation of the noise wall. I will be immediately proceeding with the design and planning of our new wall. We will be scheduling a meeting with City of Hamilton politicians and By-Law Enforcement and perhaps the local residents to ensure that weíre taking the necessary steps to mitigate the sound of our beautiful 1/8 RC race cars.

Iím very sorry that we must put things on hold for the moment.

THIS IS TEMPORARY, PLEASE HANG ONTO YOUR RC RACING GEAR

During this temporary cessation, a number of us will be racing 1/8 Open with the Toledo One Eighth Racers. You are all more than welcome to join in on the action. I will post their schedule afterwards.

Regards,

Gary
GSwayze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 07:45 AM   #595
Tech Regular

Gary,
Itís a shame you have to stop racing because of the noise complaints. We have gone through the same problems when I first started racing in our area. Once they get the city involved itís had to ever get the complainers pleased to the point they wonít complain anymore. I hope you can work something out and that you donít spend a lot of time and money on improvements that they wonít accept after it is all done.
I was looking forward to coming back there for the Canadian Natís.
As unfortunate as it is that you have to cease racing immediately I would like to invite you and your fellow racers to come and race with is here in Mentor, Ohio when we host the Midwest Series on June 21-22. Itís only a 3 Ĺ hour drive from Hamilton. Come on over to this side with an empty tank, fill up here in the States and save enough to pay your entrance fee.
Mark
Mark Unger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 09:52 AM   #596
Tech Adept

Thanks for the invite Mark, I'll post the June 21-22 date onto our home forum.

I'm certain that the noise wall will address the noise issues along the length of the installation. The purpose of a meeting with city officials is hope of some form of support or commitment after the wall is installed.
GSwayze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 10:16 AM   #597
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Dear Fellow Racers
We have come to a point where we need a show of hands of people who are willing to support this CLUB. I think most know, but for those who do not we have been looking for a permanent facility to eliminate the need to setup and teardown. We have been pursuing a couple of options

1. We have a fellow racer who is interested in purchasing the property at 75 Frid Street. He would do this with the intent of allowing the club to leave the track setup for the whole summer. The most important intent would be to make a return on his investment, so he needs time to investigate the financial part of this transaction. 2-3 weeks
2. We are also looking at another location as a permanent facility in the Hamilton immediate area as well. We should know by next week or so if this is feasible or not.

Also the esitmated cost for a noise wall is $150,000 which Garyís Company has graciously said they would supply the materials for our ďuseĒ free of charge. We can not accept this generous offer if we do not have your support to go ahead with such a major project. The club will have some installation cost, but we expect no additional fund raising will be required by the club for this project.

So how many racers are willing to wait a few months for us to get things decide and it may take until next year, and how many are done with 1/8 scale racing in Hamilton Ontario??

IT IS TIME FOR EVERYONE TO VOICE THEIR OPINION GOOD OR BAD!!!

Please sign your post with your actual name no HANDLEs please.

Bill Mclean
bmclean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 11:13 AM   #598
Tech Apprentice

Although I cannot attend most of the club races, but you have my vote to support the club.
Tornado Fuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 11:24 AM   #599
Tech Apprentice

You absolutely have my support.

William Chaytor

Team Hybrid

Old 06-11-2008, 02:13 PM   #600
Tech Addict

Exclamation

I'm in.

This may be an opportunity to improve our Club.