R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 05-12-2006, 09:32 PM   #16
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerDriver
I get more "help" from the mail order guy who is also a racer or from the threads here .
The one and only reason I do not shop locally is customer service. When you ignore a customer like he's a seven year old in a candy store, I spend money elsewhere. Lee is fantastic, but there are three other places I have dealt with over the phone that treated (over $350 in items) me like I was bothering them. The profit in RC is low, mostly volume, but if you are about to make $35 off of me for a two minute conversation, why sigh?
performula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 09:38 PM   #17
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Old 05-13-2006, 09:13 AM   #18
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Cheap and nitro onroad do not go together. lol. but for my money i would go with the serpent or the kyosho. Both companys have been around for over 30 years and make great cars
Old 05-13-2006, 11:14 AM   #19
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorman
Bimmerdriver Mushroom bowl speedway has picked an account and also pantheon motorsports. both are in PA
Yeah but Kennett Square is 70 miles from me, Pantheon is even farther. Also I would have to pay sales tax, and the more money I can keep from Rendell's hands, the better!
BimmerDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 11:30 PM   #20
Tech Regular

Take a look at my website or my ebay store.

Two things.... Prices lower than stated available at my site.... this should help everyone!

Secondly, carry all parts, ship priority mail, no tax, combine shipping, and have free shipping as well. In 2 days you have what you need for your car..

Don't believe there is a problem with the G4S now is there?
4F1Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 01:19 PM   #21
Tech Master

Send a message via Yahoo to rcracerdude

out of the 4 you listed, the HPI is probably the best starting car for you. If an RTR is available, that's a good idea to get. RTRs are designed to get you started early and very easily. Have some fun

derbybrosracing.com
rcracerdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 06:11 PM   #22
Tech Adept

I would have to agree with Ken on this one. Start with a RTR from HPI. Parts are usually in stock at your local hobby and if they are not they can get them. If you want to go racing and not spend a lot of money look for an MTX-3 on ebay and bash it around like the newbies at our track.
Justin Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 09:04 PM   #23
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

dont know much but make sure LHS has parts... you will crash....started with tc3 and hopped up to the max( kfactory) ...gave it to my son and bought a mtx 4 now skyline stock will rise (lol) above all have fun and crash hard .....
Old 05-15-2006, 09:15 AM   #24

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Send a message via AIM to Jpilone

the words "cheap" and "serpent" usually aren't in the same sentence. Serpents are great cars, but definitely not for a beginner. They do, however, have a great RTR setup for the 710. it's not cheap, but a great way to competitively start racing. http://www.mytsn.com/products/desc.asp?prid=4240

But, if you're budget minded, the R40 is inexpensive, parts are cheap and available. And the car works out of the box. it's a bit heavy, but it works and is durable (I had one, it was a tank)
Jpilone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 08:04 PM   #25
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via ICQ to momotalo

better to choose serpent RTR.. it's already a great car. and assembled from the factory.. you just need little bit set up..
if you want to buy a cheaper one n have to option it.. i think you will spend more money than you buy little bit expensive but you don't need yo option it...
momotalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 05:57 AM   #26
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to uniquexme Send a message via Yahoo to uniquexme Send a message via Skype™ to uniquexme

dun under estimate the power of G4S, look at him. came in 1st and 2nd on the race 2006, cant remember where i read it, then only mugen....... its really value for money, i would personally invest in G4S, use the rest of the money on a good tuned engine. tats how i feel. thanks, oh btw, also a high speed steering servo, and high torque throttle servo.
uniquexme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 11:00 AM   #27
Tech Regular

Can get a new G4S kit for only $350.00 right now form me... click on site below... that should help your budget!
4F1Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 03:35 AM   #28
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default wow!!

Thanks Guys!!!

I was away for a while did not know i will have tons of support from you guys..Basically my goal is that once i have purchased a nitro kit, there wont be any turning back and i will be happy from it...Its like choosing the best wife, and you wont have to devorce after a year or so...of course not so very expensive and i can change the engine if i ever wanted to race

BTW i was gone window shopping and here are the prices that i have got so far. Everybody tells me HPI or GPXpro... NitroTC3 is good but parts are quite hard to find here in Manila, Philippines.

So here are the ladies....
*Hobao gpx4 - $259.00

*HPI R40 - $330.00 ( cant find any rtr like rs4's)

*NTC3 Factory Team- $339.00

*TM G4S- $ 425.00
TM G4s Lola 200m RTR- $ 425.00

+ $30-35 shipping from Hong Kong to Manila

Last edited by movingparts; 05-25-2006 at 03:45 AM.
movingparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 03:58 AM   #29
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via ICQ to momotalo

if you want like that.. i prever g4s.. why.. thats car was very good enough.. if you want just play at parking lot u can use it. if you want going to race. just change the engine. little bit adjustment.. no need any option i think.. maybe just gearing.. depend on which kind of track if you want to race...
thank
momotalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 11:05 PM   #30
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to uniquexme Send a message via Yahoo to uniquexme Send a message via Skype™ to uniquexme

i also prefer G4S. already with upgraded parts in the kit.
uniquexme is offline   Reply With Quote