Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent Veteq kits

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2006, 02:34 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Serpent Veteq kits

does anyone know which online shop still have the veteq kits ? I am looking a new 02' kit for collectable item. thank you.
Old 05-09-2006, 02:50 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Try serpent USA and GOOD LUCK YOU'LL NEED IT !!!
Old 05-09-2006, 04:17 AM
Tech Regular

Try contacting Serpent MRC directly. They may have some in their online factory store.
Old 05-09-2006, 04:42 AM
Tech Addict

They have them at this shop and at a real good price!

http://www.the-border.nl/
Old 05-09-2006, 08:30 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I am sure most of the shop put those 02 on ebay already....however, once in a while I can still see NIB 02 Veteq on EBAY...for $399 plus shipping. So keep looking...

I have a brand new 02 never run one for my collection too....this and Tamiya Bruiser (also brand new never run), probably the top 2 collectable RC item for the next 10 years.
Old 05-09-2006, 09:16 AM
Tech Addict

They are 327 euro's at the Border ... bet you cant find a better deal than that. I am surprised this car would be a collectors item as it was not considered a successful car??
Old 05-09-2006, 09:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by acutts
They are 327 euro's at the Border ... bet you cant find a better deal than that. I am surprised this car would be a collectors item as it was not considered a successful car??
acutts, thank for letting me know and just ordered the veteq from the border today. i think the car is not as bad as you thought and at least it still have people running it with good result race....http://www.mytsn.com/news/publ.asp?pid=11768
Old 05-09-2006, 10:51 AM
Tech Adept

It seem that some unsuccessful stuff perhaps to be the most collectable item, because they few or they too creative….
Old 05-10-2006, 02:19 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Nope...everyone knows that VETEQ is not a very race sucessful car, and thats why Serpent released the Vector NT immediately after and back to the circuit....

However, I (or everyone else) collect Veteq is...there are no other RC cars has that many revolutionary design on one RC car....so far (both laydown suspension and sway bar, split chassis and side brace chassis linked with the engine....only a few).....I think the close second should me SMP SLIDE (full alum and alloy)...

Again, collector item does not necssary mean successful...my Tamiya Bruiser is no where near as FAST or as LIGHT then any other RC car...but NIB sells around $3000-$4000 USD on ebay alone....
Old 05-10-2006, 02:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

if it work, it is a PART, if not, it is an ART.
Old 05-10-2006, 02:50 PM
Suspended

Default To much

Originally Posted by speedy100
acutts, thank for letting me know and just ordered the veteq from the border today. i think the car is not as bad as you thought and at least it still have people running it with good result race....http://www.mytsn.com/news/publ.asp?pid=11768
You could have it for cheaper 256 EUR
Old 05-10-2006, 03:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Data
if it work, it is a PART, if not, it is an ART.

Data... I think you've been hanging around CP to long...

RC_Alan
Old 05-11-2006, 10:58 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Rookie Solara
Nope...everyone knows that VETEQ is not a very race sucessful car, and thats why Serpent released the Vector NT immediately after and back to the circuit....

However, I (or everyone else) collect Veteq is...there are no other RC cars has that many revolutionary design on one RC car....so far (both laydown suspension and sway bar, split chassis and side brace chassis linked with the engine....only a few).....I think the close second should me SMP SLIDE (full alum and alloy)...
Boy 'o boy... do I ever have to disagree on THAT comment...

To say the VETEQ wasn't a race successful car is misleading. The VETEQ was too far ahead of its time, and due to its inherent complexity (and resulting time-consumption to work on it), a lot of racers never really 'got it right.' But for those who DID get it right, the Veteq was/is a sheer force of nature. With a properly set up VETEQ, nothing could touch it for cornering speed and composure... when all other cars were rolling and swaying around corners, the VETEQ corners flat as a pancake. When you nail the throttle, the car hunkers down flatly and takes off like a bullet.

It was a misunderstood, underappreciated car that many people gave up on prematurely.

Can you tell I have a VETEQ? It's no shelf queen... I have raced it for 2 seasons.

See my article about Project Veteq 2005 at:
http://www.mytsn.com/publ/publ.asp?pid=10992

Though I have decided to try the S960 this season, it is only because I wanted to give something else a try... my VETEQ still remains a loaded weapon.

Last edited by GlennCauley; 05-11-2006 at 11:02 AM. Reason: bad coding for quote
Old 06-30-2008, 10:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Serpent USA Warehouse Clearance Sale

Serpent USA Warehouse Clearance Sale

Take advantage of incredible prices on spare parts for the following models

http://www.serpent-usa.com/es12801024/index.htm

For more info and to order, e-mail [email protected] or call (305) 639-9665
Old 07-17-2008, 08:33 AM
Tech Master

Between the Vector to 950's & 960's, the Veteq Didn't last long. Maybe a year. The F1 design of shocks didn't fan out the way Serpent wanted it to. I see Veteq still around but scares. Still a good RC museum for Serpent owners. Kits I'm sure probably not available, Part are scares also, you may find them at Serpent USA. If you race 950's & 960's part are still available.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.