R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 08-24-2006, 09:00 AM   #241
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to BigJim14226

Mark,
I pre registered but haven't received any sort of confirmation. Is there a list of people that have registered for this race that you could post ?

Looking forward to this weekends race
BigJim14226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 12:42 PM   #242
Tech Regular

Sorry, I don't have a list of entries in any easy format to post here. It would be a good feature to add next season.
See you Saturday
Mark Unger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 01:40 PM   #243
Tech Regular

Mark,

It just happens that I am working on that as a new enhancement for next season. It will make it easier for you as well as the hosting clubs. We can discuss further in Mentor this weekend.

Later,
Brian
Brian Berry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 03:53 PM   #244
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 32 (97%+)

can somebody keep me posted about the forecast in mentor? i am only going to be racing sun, cant make sat.

thanx
Apl Hed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 05:08 PM   #245
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 32 (97%+)
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apl Hed
can somebody keep me posted about the forecast in mentor? i am only going to be racing sun, cant make sat.

thanx
im quoting myself, lol. i am glad i decided to come for sat, i would have missed out on points, and prob been a little PO'd to have driven 700 miles for nothing.
thanx to the MORR club, great track, and layout was fun. the only downside was the tire wear. you guys and gals put on a great race, and a great cookout. thanx to all the ladies who put on the grub. my camera broke, otherwise i would have posted a ton of pics of racers getting their grub on, lol. c u all at the detroit race, nothing will stop me from being there on fri eve, lol.

L8R
Apl Hed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 07:13 PM   #246
Tech Regular

Since I am a newbie to Nitro (my first big race, and only raced nitro 2 weekends before), I had a BLAST. The cookout was awesome and the people were great.

Thanks to
Dennis Richie for lending me one of his spare extended servo horns

Dave Berry for explaining the theory of overdrive and set ups

Jim H for not making too much fun of me while I tried to qualify

Mike W for being so darn sexy

Kim S for snoring all night and keeping us up

But most of all, I can not thank S. Lee enough for helping me this weekend. He made sure I was having fun, even if it meant him missing a qualifier or not having time to work on his own car.

We will be back and hope to race in more races next year
Old 08-28-2006, 01:42 PM   #247
Tech Regular

Well it seems as though Mother Nature has decided to give the MWS a hard time this season. Toledo, Racine and now Mentor have all had their racing programs altered because of rain. Racine and Mentor have had to resort back to qualifying for determining points for the Mains. While although we don’t have any control over the weather the Mentor stop started off to be a nice event. Thanks to all the members of the MORR club and all of the other racers that helped set up and tear down the track. Entries were on the low side for what I had anticipated for the Mentor race earlier on in the year. A special thanks to all of you that pre-registered. It was a real help in buying the correct amount of food for the cookout. I was able to hit it on the head plus feed everyone that came and hung out in the rain on Sunday. With the anticipation of rain and filling up the heats we were able to get in 4 rounds of qualifying on Saturday. 30 drivers used that 4th and final round to better there qualifying position. That was exactly ˝ of the entire field.

The final MWS race of the season is just a little over 2 weeks from now on September 16-17. Please help finish out the rest of the season by pre-registering so Bryan Young who is doing the scoring and timing can get his PC populated with racer information before he heads up there. Be sure to show up for this event, there are still battles for podium finishes yet to be determined and for most of the other 47 award earning positions.

See everyone in Detroit
Mark Unger
2006 Midwest Series Director
Old 08-28-2006, 02:19 PM   #248
Tech Initiate

Default Mentor Race - Well Done

To Mark Unger, Joe Detomaso and all the Mentor crew, thanks for hosting a fun race while it lasted. We can't contol Mother Nature and maybe that's a good thing... The food was excellent and the raffle was great. On to Detroit!

Steve Lazarus
lazarsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 02:59 PM   #249
Tech Regular

MWS Mentor results are now posted on Jlaps web site. They are displayed under NORCAR
Old 08-29-2006, 06:17 AM   #250
Tech Regular

Hi Mark,
I was trying to see the results from JLap and nothing shows up when I go to NORCAR and click on the races for 8/26. I have checked all races and there is no information for any of them.
Old 08-29-2006, 06:46 AM   #251
Tech Regular

You are right. There is nothing in the file. I will find out from Jlap why not and try and correct it.
Mark
Old 08-29-2006, 07:50 AM   #252
Tech Regular

Jlap helped me and corrected result postings. They are now there.
Mark
Old 08-29-2006, 04:21 PM   #253
Tech Regular

Mark,

I want to thank you and all your helpers (rather than name some and miss some I will just say helpers) for the great weekend. The cook out was a perfect way to end the day on Saturday, the rain sucked but it was still fun hanging out with everybody on Sunday......and then more food.

Thanks again,
Ted
Ted Flack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 09:16 PM   #254
Tech Regular

Had a real good time saturday, cook out was a nice touch. A BIG thankyou to everyone that put on the feast and parts raffle. MARK a fm transmitter would really help the clubs PA systems. One unit could travel to all the races.
wizby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 02:16 PM   #255
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Flack
Mark,
I want to thank you and all your helpers (rather than name some and miss some I will just say helpers) for the great weekend. The cook out was a perfect way to end the day on Saturday, the rain sucked but it was still fun hanging out with everybody on Sunday......and then more food.

Thanks again,
Ted
Yes, the food was a perfect way to end a fun race day. The beer perfectly chilled as well. Good times! And thanks to the MORR Club. Everyone was very welcoming.

Just wondering, was Parma Paul the one who supplied the prototype cups?
Attached Thumbnails
2006 Midwest Series-vacform_cups.jpg  
kidDynomite is offline   Reply With Quote