2006 Midwest Series

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2006 Midwest Series

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2006, 12:01 PM
Tech Adept

I forgot to put in that message that the corner dots will be history this week. We have molded asphalt going in this week, pics will be posted as soon as they are painted.
Old 06-27-2006, 03:01 PM
Tech Apprentice

That's the only comment I had..but glad to see you are putting in some berms.
Old 06-28-2006, 03:39 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 32 (97%+)

Originally Posted by rcbob
I also hope to see a MWS event in St.Louis in '07
that would be sweet. lookin forward to chicago, mws. c-yall there
Old 06-29-2006, 05:04 AM
Tech Adept

If your putting in berms make sure you make the edge come all the way to the ground. cincinnati's have a step before they slant and if you clip a couple of them they chunk the tire.
Old 06-29-2006, 05:11 AM
Tech Apprentice

Also I would remove all the boards on the track, if you hit one, your car may break.
Old 06-29-2006, 01:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcbob
Also I would remove all the boards on the track, if you hit one, your car may break.

ha ha ha ha NOT
Old 06-29-2006, 03:56 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks for the positive support. We have made it known that we would welcome a chance to host a round of the 2007 MWS. Now it's up to the series participants to make their support known to the people who make the decision.
Old 06-29-2006, 05:23 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by mguebert69
Thanks for the positive support. We have made it known that we would welcome a chance to host a round of the 2007 MWS. Now it's up to the series participants to make their support known to the people who make the decision.

We will make it known, Your track looks awesome and would be a a welcome relief to that freakin train wreck up in racine we had to deal with this past weekend!!!!

HAVE A NICE DAY!!!!
Old 06-29-2006, 06:19 PM
ira
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

You got my vote!!!!!
Old 06-29-2006, 08:42 PM
Tech Regular

MWS Racers,

The MWS website has been updated with the results from Racine. Race Report, photos, and point standings are all posted. There also has been a couple comments from MWS Director, Mark Unger in the "Msg from Director" section navigated by clicking the button from left menu. He has stuff for Chicago as well as Mentor. Please read these.

Ira, sorry but its late.....the photos you sent me from Toledo have been added to the Toledo 2006 photo gallery. Nice shots!

For those who don't have this link yet..... www.midwestseries.com
Old 07-01-2006, 12:43 PM
Tech Addict

will there be practice on friday in chicago?

brian, i may have some pics u can use from racine, let me know.

Ira, gj on leading the points, allways a pleasure to see you.

john mcintosh
Old 07-01-2006, 04:41 PM
Tech Regular

What time friday can you park a motor home at the chicago track?

Is the chicago club setting up friday night.

Does anyone know if the stupid cicane will be in the back stretch again?
Old 07-02-2006, 07:12 PM
Tech Addict

the link for the CRCC home page comes up as serpents web, is there another web site for CRCC? i dont want to get to the track on friday noon, just to find out there is no practice, like racine. dont get me wrong, i had a good time at racine, but i didnt find any info on their schedule. thanx.
Old 07-02-2006, 07:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

It did the same thing to me. Then I closed it and reloaded it and it came up.
Old 07-02-2006, 07:33 PM
Tech Regular

Mcintosh, If you have some pics you want me to add for the Racine race, send them to me at [email protected]. I will add them to the gallery.

As for the CRCC website, they really don't have one. The one they have that is linked from the MWS website needs to be changed because it appears that the MyRCWorld link is no longer available (I'll remove it). The info on the MWS site is up to date with the latest maps to the track and area hotels. The only thing is the hotel may have changed names but they still all exist (if you saw the CRCC link, continue to scroll down to get the maps and hotel info).

And, the Midwest Series schedule is for a 2 day event, Saturday and Sunday. You should not consider Friday as a practice day. Those that got to race at Toledo and Cincy on Friday can consider yourself blessed since they have a permenant facility. The temporary tracks setup Friday evening. Basically plan on not racing on Friday. There are reasons why we do not schedule racing on Fridays because then racers would expect there to be racing on Thursdays. MWS events are 2 days and nothing earlier. I believe Toledo and Cincy are the only exceptions and I think (not totally sure) but they do not spray traction compound down until late Friday or Saturday morning.

If racers are looking to race early for practice, lets try to find a way to help the small clubs grow. Many of the smaller clubs only race once a year because there is no support for club races (3 or 4 guys show up). As a result, many clubs finacially can't afford to host club races. But if clubs can start having club races, their club would be better prepared and thier schedules can include a club race prior to the MWS event for that EXTRA practice. Bottom line, we NEED to support the local clubs. Sorry just my 2 cents...... I have a lot on my mind as it was fried from the US Grand Prix this weekend in the 90+ weather in the hot bleachers.

See you all in Chicago

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.