Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho V-ONE RRR Evo

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 10:13 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Brian Bosley
The deal with that and I saw this on Jerry Lin's (JLR himself) car, you can grind the round portion of the flange flat which gives you an extra few mm, but yeah you just have to deal with it because of the IDM/Picco header. I usually put replacable stickers on the outside of the car and some of the losi heat tape on the inside.

The stinger should be easy to keep inside of the wheels though by using the mount, keep it 1mm inside the front wheels to protect it from impacts.
His name is Jeffrey not "Jerry"
Old 07-09-2008, 12:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I believe Ron Atomic told me that specific car was too fragile because it wasn't built to run, it was just quickly machined for pictures.

I was at the kyosho us sedan championships in florida the week before, and Joel Johnson didn't even have the evo2 but they had it at the booth at RCX. Clearly he would have been testing it at such a large event if it was possible.

This was two months ago though, the car is probably completely different than the one I saw.
So, it was a prototype. There's a big difference there. You could have run a lot of racers away with that previous statement. Please be more specific next time.
Old 07-09-2008, 09:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Good catch on Jeffrey Lin's name I was thinking about talking to a Jerry while I was typing that, I wouldn't want to disrespect a man that has been bringing fast, affordable motors back into the hands of the general public. Before the red dot, it was basically the TZ for 150, or the 12-3ct for over 300..

kewdawg: I believe I said that specific car was too fragile because it was quickly machined for pictures.. I thought people would understand that meant pre-prototype, sorry about that as well.

Clearly the new car is being tested by Shimo at various tracks with success so it should be as strong as the new car. They're really only changing the chassis and top deck, and I've only seen those break under extreme circumstances so I doubt the overall durability of the car will change. The additional thickness in the rear shock tower is a bit of a bonus though I will admit because I ran two for a year or so and just recently went back to running one.
Old 07-09-2008, 10:39 AM
Tech Adept

I understood what you said Brian.
Old 07-09-2008, 01:55 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by JL RACING
His name is Jeffrey not "Jerry"

What Happen Jerrffy..HAHA
Old 07-09-2008, 09:20 PM
Tech Elite

The additional thickness in the rear shock tower is a bit of a bonus though I will admit because I ran two for a year or so and just recently went back to running one.
You didn't run the 3MM rear shock tower with 4 mounting holes Part no. #VZW207-1? I found it to be a lot more durable than the stock rear shock tower.
Old 07-09-2008, 09:28 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by rangulo
What Happen Jerrffy..HAHA
JERKY LIN?
Old 07-09-2008, 10:50 PM
Tech Master

My Case My Case... Look it not straight.... Pick a color Honey
Old 07-10-2008, 05:33 PM
Tech Apprentice

Has anyone here run the Sirio Power Clutch? If so what are your thoughts, thinking of getting one.

Thanks
Old 07-10-2008, 08:13 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by bradley70
Has anyone here run the Sirio Power Clutch? If so what are your thoughts, thinking of getting one.

Thanks
It hits like a hammer, if you don't like that or you run on a slippery track just skip it and go with the 2d because you would have to change the spring anyway. If you have traction, nothing else accelerates quite like it.

I run it everywhere with a 0.5 gap, and on a slippery track I go down to 0.3 which helps a little but the spring is just a beast.

IDM is coming out with a clutch based on the Sirio, but the story is that you get various clutch shoes and some springs for tuning but for $$$. I don't feel that the sirio clutch has enough time to slip because it hits so hard that the clutch shoe doesn't matter to me.
Old 07-10-2008, 08:26 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

It hits like a hammer, if you don't like that or you run on a slippery track just skip it and go with the 2d because you would have to change the spring anyway. If you have traction, nothing else accelerates quite like it.

I run it everywhere with a 0.5 gap, and on a slippery track I go down to 0.3 which helps a little but the spring is just a beast.

IDM is coming out with a clutch based on the Sirio, but the story is that you get various clutch shoes and some springs for tuning but for $$$. I don't feel that the sirio clutch has enough time to slip because it hits so hard that the clutch shoe doesn't matter to me.
The IDM clutch is made by Capricorn Myself & another team mate tested the Capricorn clutch & we both had issues there nothing out there that performs like the Sirio power clutch the @d is as close to it & settings are Identical gap,spring tension,endplay
Old 07-10-2008, 08:36 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks for the info guys, what spring do you run on it? I have a brand new Orion spring would that work?
Old 07-10-2008, 08:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bradley70
Thanks for the info guys, what spring do you run on it? I have a brand new Orion spring would that work?
Orion spring yes it will you just have to learn to adjust the tension based on your needs it gives you a wider variance that you can't do with the stock spring
Siro spring .05 if you push it harder it has a tendency to collapse
Orion Spring I am currently running between .05 to 1 depending on the track conditions
Old 07-10-2008, 09:25 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by GMartinez
The IDM clutch is made by Capricorn Myself & another team mate tested the Capricorn clutch & we both had issues there nothing out there that performs like the Sirio power clutch the @d is as close to it & settings are Identical gap,spring tension,endplay
Sirio power clutch and IDM Clutch are both made by Capricorn so how would a SIRIO clutch be better?
Old 07-11-2008, 12:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I'm going tp try a front diff in my Evo WC Team (Most guys at my track run diffs in their Mugen's, TM's, AE's). I'm just not sure what weight oil to run. Can anyone recommend an oil, I'm currently running the standard oil (30000) in the rear diff.

Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.