R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 04-07-2007, 08:28 AM   #1426
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to fritzD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamite
yes works fine, only way to add antisquat to rear of RRR that i know of.
how does it affect the handling?
fritzD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 10:57 AM   #1427
Tech Rookie

thank you ice_NL appreciate the good answer and the picīs
Berglund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 02:52 PM   #1428
Tech Adept

Send a message via MSN to Ice_nl

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
Maybe Tim Johnson can help us clear this up...

BTW... How do you like that MEGA MF-12 MasMo? Any issues out of the box? How does it compare to the previous engine you were running?

I ran it for the first time last Sunday at our club race so i cant say much about the engine yet. The week before i ran the engine in and that went well. I can say it seems a lot quicker than my Vega V12-E engine i ran last year. I wanted to use the qualifiers to fine tune the engine but i had trouble to find a good setup for the evo and had some problems during them, in the first my diff cup got damaged so i didn't get an result, in the second the brakes weren't working and in the last one i had a reasonably handling car but my gears went of the car. So i had to run the 1/2 final, the setup of the car was good at that moment so i won that one. after that i had to marshal the next round and after that i had to run the main final. But i had to ask for a delay as i needed to change the shifting point of the 2 speed. I got a 5 minute delay but because of that i had to start from 11th place instead of 5th. but after around 7 laps i was leading the race and i won it with one lap on the 2nd car which was an mugen with a ninja engine. But next week i go to a bigger race so after that i probably know more about the engine's performance.

But when i had the diff problem i noticed the universals where an the edge of the diff, would it be a good idea to get some offset wheel hubs so that i can screw the pivot balls further in but maintain the 200mm width?
Old 04-07-2007, 04:03 PM   #1429
Tech Rookie

Red face Spool?

Anyone know how to put a spool in one of these things instead of the oneway? I drive better with brakes. Is there a part I need to get? I am trying going to drive this thing for the first time next weekend and I would like to get this done before then. Thanks!

Scooty
Scooty5m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 04:28 PM   #1430
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice_nl
I ran it for the first time last Sunday at our club race so i cant say much about the engine yet. The week before i ran the engine in and that went well. I can say it seems a lot quicker than my Vega V12-E engine i ran last year. I wanted to use the qualifiers to fine tune the engine but i had trouble to find a good setup for the evo and had some problems during them, in the first my diff cup got damaged so i didn't get an result, in the second the brakes weren't working and in the last one i had a reasonably handling car but my gears went of the car. So i had to run the 1/2 final, the setup of the car was good at that moment so i won that one. after that i had to marshal the next round and after that i had to run the main final. But i had to ask for a delay as i needed to change the shifting point of the 2 speed. I got a 5 minute delay but because of that i had to start from 11th place instead of 5th. but after around 7 laps i was leading the race and i won it with one lap on the 2nd car which was an mugen with a ninja engine. But next week i go to a bigger race so after that i probably know more about the engine's performance.
Wow! What a rough day you had! Hopefully things will go better for you next week.

Quote:
But when i had the diff problem i noticed the universals where an the edge of the diff, would it be a good idea to get some offset wheel hubs so that i can screw the pivot balls further in but maintain the 200mm width?
If you are referring to the rear universals, it's because the RRRs are all configured for 2mm offset rear wheels. Most people are using zero offset. Kyosho Red Box comes in 2mm offset, if you can obtain it and the price isn't outrageous. Otherwise, I wrote something up on the issue a while back:
http://www.nitrokb.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=43

I can't remember what everyone else is doing since the Evo came out. Anyone?
Kyosho V-ONE RRR WC (x2) \ XRAY T2'007 \ Also owned: XRAY NT1 & Mugen MTX-4
rmdhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 04:39 PM   #1431
Tech Adept

Send a message via MSN to Ice_nl

The rears are good, i just screwed the pivot balls out and there still far enough in the cups. But its the front diff i have the problems with, last year i used a diff two times, and each time my race ended because of a broken diff cup.
Old 04-07-2007, 06:21 PM   #1432
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Scott Fisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooty5m
Anyone know how to put a spool in one of these things instead of the oneway? I drive better with brakes. Is there a part I need to get? I am trying going to drive this thing for the first time next weekend and I would like to get this done before then. Thanks!

Scooty

Kyosho makes a nice and light locked front axle. Kfactory also sells a one-way/locked front as well.
Old 04-07-2007, 06:29 PM   #1433
Tech Fanatic

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to shesha

Hi

Any recommendations in terms of servo choice for steering and throttle, as well as rx pack ?

Thanks
shesha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 09:34 PM   #1434
Tech Elite

Quote:
The rears are good, i just screwed the pivot balls out and there still far enough in the cups. But its the front diff i have the problems with, last year i used a diff two times, and each time my race ended because of a broken diff cup.
Oh. The fronts.

Then you want the VZW219 Universals (47mm). The shaft is 2mm longer than VZW054, which is 45mm.
Old 04-07-2007, 09:36 PM   #1435
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Fisher
Kyosho makes a nice and light locked front axle. Kfactory also sells a one-way/locked front as well.
Kyosho Part# is VZW220

Old 04-07-2007, 10:53 PM   #1436
Tech Rookie

Thumbs up Thanks!

Thanks for the part number and picture. That really helped. I'm ordering one as soon as possible.

Thanks again.

Scooty
Scooty5m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 11:11 PM   #1437
Tech Addict

Quote:
Thanks for the part number and picture. That really helped. I'm ordering one as soon as possible.

Thanks again.

Scooty
If You find 1 please let me know its hard to find that front spool
carkillaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 11:16 PM   #1438
Tech Addict

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Send a message via Yahoo to JRRobiso
Arrow

Quote:

Thanks again.

Scooty
You can try this as well. I haven't tried nor purchased but considering it when my kit is built.

V-One RRR Lightweight Two Pieces Front Axle
KM-V3R-018 $16.50

Also will consider the light weight spool made Kyosho.
Attached Thumbnails
Kyosho V-ONE RRR Evo-kmv3r-018.jpg   Kyosho V-ONE RRR Evo-kmv3r-018-1.jpg  
TAOB Racing Team (2004) | Team Driver #101
TRF415MSX | TRF415MRE | TRF801X/XT | K V1 RRR Evo WCE | K IGT2 Audi A4 DTM | AE SC10 4X4
AKA | Airtronics M11 | Spektrum Pro | Speed Passion BL | OS Engines | Sidewinder Fuel | Ko Propo/JR HV/Savox Servos | MuchMore Racing | Xenon Racing | Speedmind | Sorex Tires | Twister Tires
JRRobiso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 07:38 PM   #1439
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Fisher
I am currently using the K factory & it's very heavy just waiting for the kyosho one piece to be in stock.
2017 U.S.World Nitro Cup Nov 29th - Dec 3rd
U.S.Open Fuel Championship Returning soon
GMartinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 04:15 AM   #1440
Tech Apprentice

My car is for sale on E-bay
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....1907&rd=1&rd=1
zulu is offline   Reply With Quote