Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho V-ONE RRR Evo

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2006, 09:00 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by kidDynomite
AFM has it nailed. Why move the weight away from the center line? The servo's heaviest parts are at the bottom and it makes sense to put a lighter reciever to the outside and knock off weight with less linkage and mounting hardware. Plus, it's likely that they have a cutout in the chassis to have the servo sit even lower like the RR Evo chassis. I'm almost positive that the Mugen Rx cover will fit. The stand up servo layout is basically based off the K.I.S.S theory. Keep it Simple Stupid.

Here's a couple shots from my old RR Evo with the Mugen cover. These shots were pretty much 1 yr before the RRR. It has since evolved close to the RRR and handles almost as great as my MTX4 and RRR. Weighs in at 1515g with fuel.
Yeah, just put Mtx4 Rx cover for god sake.....

Anymore photos of your RR Evo ?

How was the car's handling and parts reliability ?

I'm thinking to get RR Evo for collection as well as for Kyosho Cup race occasionally.
Old 05-01-2006, 09:04 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
The big question is still the servo position. What performance issue are they addressing by making this change? Is it a throttle/brake issue? That existing servo guard is somewhat of a nuissance. It can't be CG, because that would have been worked out during initial development - or one would at least think so.
KISS + MTX4 Rx cover
Old 05-01-2006, 09:08 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by ae_ntc3
how did they manage to fix that problem?
Don't know..... I don't have RRR. I only remember my friends with RRR sometimes jumped out from driver stand knowing their spur gears is out of service again.
Old 05-02-2006, 05:58 AM
jag
Tech Master

Originally Posted by asw7576
Don't know..... I don't have RRR. I only remember my friends with RRR sometimes jumped out from driver stand knowing their spur gears is out of service again.
I have seen more MTX-4's strip gears than the RRR. I have never (knock, knock) stripped a gear except when my pit-man poured gas into my receiver and the car took off and got stuck under a pipe... that's a whole other story.
Old 05-02-2006, 07:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by maskedrider
correct me if i'm wrong..... the RRRevo design seems like Mugen MTX4
Today was with my friend ( Owner of MTX4 ) i relised it
Hmm...put it this way, when the MTX4 came out, 80% of it looks like the RRR, I've no idea why Kyosho gave up that 10% on the servo layout part... Maybe Kyosho is trying to extend the lifespan of the RRR, who knows...
Old 05-02-2006, 11:34 AM
Tech Fanatic

Actually, when the RRR came out, it looked 75% like a MTX-3/R40/and a little bit G4. I've race all the Kyosho's since the V-one and have watched everything and everyone evolve, just like you have. They've gone more compact with the diffs, centralized rear diff pulley, longer arms, narrower bulkheads, rear upright hubs, similar steering block geometry, easy access... etc. Of course Kyosho made some of their own innovations. Everyones gonna take some ideas from others. It's all part of racing. If it works, run with it and make it better.

The weight of the reciever and wires above the top deck negate the low center of gravity of a laydown throttle servo. Plus you need more mounting hardware and screws, & more linkages w/screws, etc. A standup servo is still mostly under the deck but the entire mass is close to middle, light weight reciever to the outside, only a thin peice of plastic is needed to mount the reciever and cover it. Plus you're less likely to get fuel in the reciever. I run electric cars too, and 12-16g of wire above your top deck does make handling characteristics change. Although that change is more noticeable with EP cars on carpet, it's still an ounce torwards an advantageous setup to keep the wires low as possibe. And every ounce counts in racing. The idea is to keep all the major components centralized and balanced. That's why all the top EP cars are starting to look the same as well. Nitros will do the same ... at least till the next guy comes up with something new.

Don't mean to ramble, just trying to share thoughts and theories.
Old 05-24-2006, 05:22 AM
Tech Addict

any ideas on release date?

rmd: hows that evo/wce kit comparison coming along?
Old 05-24-2006, 06:28 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by asw7576
i heard few ppl talking about the spur gear problems in RRR but i really dont know what it is. can someone tell me more about the spur gear problems and how to prevent it?
Old 05-24-2006, 06:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ae_ntc3
any ideas on release date?

rmd: hows that evo/wce kit comparison coming along?
Won't be availabe in Japan until June. No word on release date for US, but you can probably PM Tim Johnson (Kyosho sales guy) and see if he knows anything.

No manual in Japanese or english yet, so I'm reluctant to post anything until then. I'm checking daily, so as soon as I see something, I'll start working on it.
Old 05-24-2006, 07:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Pictures courtesy of MickeB in the RRR thread:

http://www.geocities.jp/hobbyshows/j...uoka/rc/05.htm
Old 05-24-2006, 08:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

nice pics!
Old 05-24-2006, 10:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

The spur gears seem to be made of the same gray carbon composite of the older RR Evo option parts. Remembering buying the parts, I was worried about them being lighter, but more fragile than the original plastic parts. I was wrong. The material is 10-20% lighter altogether: arms and bulk heads and super resiliant to hard crashes. Bought spares and haven't had to replace any parts. I've actually upgraded all my other Kcars (FW05RRs, Kawahara ZT1, Evo etc) with the option composites parts and have yet to break anything on any of them too.

The RRR Evo looks to be a great car for low-traction conditions. A little more flex in the top deck, lighter but more progressive springs (I've actually been using the same Evolva springs) and larger capacity shock bladders. You can bet that it will also come with a new duraluminum SP type chassis (3mm of course).

A little flex is always good for low to med. traction. Only use the stiffer chassis when traction is way high. You'll see/feel the difference either way.

asw, i'll try to snap the new pix for you soon. It is a great collectible.
Old 05-24-2006, 10:16 PM
Tech Master

do you think that team drivers will be using this car in the IFMAR world championship or will they still use the RRR WCE
Old 05-25-2006, 01:00 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by buboy28
do you think that team drivers will be using this car in the IFMAR world championship or will they still use the RRR WCE
Probably RRR EVO WCE
Old 05-25-2006, 07:07 AM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by buboy28
It's almost impossible that factory allowed their drivers to use "old" car

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.