R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 12-25-2006, 11:38 PM   #871
Tech Fanatic

Had my first run with the RRR Evo today. Pretty similar to the mugen except the RRR has a bit more mid/exit steer. I was running a spool with the 12 ackerman. Off power steering was not great. Might try the 11 ackerman next time. Do you guys find that the 11 is better off power, and how much does on power steering suffer when using the 11?

Cheers
Rody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 01:10 PM   #872
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rody
Had my first run with the RRR Evo today. Pretty similar to the mugen except the RRR has a bit more mid/exit steer. I was running a spool with the 12 ackerman. Off power steering was not great. Might try the 11 ackerman next time. Do you guys find that the 11 is better off power, and how much does on power steering suffer when using the 11?

Cheers
try blipping your throttle in the turns it will help the off power steering & try 0 caster when running a spool,2 deg knuckles. Im using the 11 had no issues on power steering
2017 U.S.World Nitro Cup Nov 29th - Dec 3rd
U.S.Open Fuel Championship Returning soon
GMartinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 03:27 PM   #873
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default just a quick ?

Hey guys, just got my 3r, but it ended up being a WCE with the conversion pkg. I'm a bit confused as to some of the parts ie. Hardened chassis-not there, shock collar/ride height adjusters-only fit the old shocks, no titaniun anywhere. Should these items have come with the evo upgrade? btw, it was a nib kit with the other parts in the original kyosho parts baggies, except for the above mentioned. Thanks in advance, Matthew
ma racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 07:34 PM   #874
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma racer
Hey guys, just got my 3r, but it ended up being a WCE with the conversion pkg. I'm a bit confused as to some of the parts ie. Hardened chassis-not there, shock collar/ride height adjusters-only fit the old shocks, no titaniun anywhere. Should these items have come with the evo upgrade? btw, it was a nib kit with the other parts in the original kyosho parts baggies, except for the above mentioned. Thanks in advance, Matthew
Not to sure if the conversion kit comes with certain hop ups as the evo world team kit does.Remember the evo conversion is to change the RRR to an Evo not to Evo Team edition
2017 U.S.World Nitro Cup Nov 29th - Dec 3rd
U.S.Open Fuel Championship Returning soon
GMartinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 11:09 PM   #875
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rody

Cheers
I like the 11...has a much better all around feel compared to the other ackermans......with the 11 I get plenty on and off...
Old 12-26-2006, 11:24 PM   #876
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)
Does anybody know were to order part #VZW207 for rear shock tower of RRR it was mention in the RRR thread earlier this year on page 169, not in the EVO thread, if anyone know please leave info. on thread or PM me greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance Ivan
Old 12-27-2006, 06:14 AM   #877
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Kyosho America!

http://www.shopkyosho.com/index/pg=5...2069.16509.0.0
Desoto Racing
Team Gravity
bighurt98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 10:15 AM   #878
Tech Master

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by bighurt98
Thanks bighurt much appreciated
Old 12-27-2006, 03:43 PM   #879
Tech Regular

Red face

well it turns out that the lhs made the mistake and did not put in the correct ride height adjusters in the "bag" of goodies. I have confirmation that he hard chassis does not come with the conversion. thanks for the input though.
Matthew
ma racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 07:54 PM   #880
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan Dickson
Does anybody know were to order part #VZW207 for rear shock tower of RRR it was mention in the RRR thread earlier this year on page 169, not in the EVO thread, if anyone know please leave info. on thread or PM me greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance Ivan
One thing to keep in mind with the VZW207, is that you have to file down the upper link on both ends so that you get the proper suspension movement. This is somewhat of a pain. Make sure you make an extra set or two ready, just in case it is damaged in a crash.
Kyosho V-ONE RRR WC (x2) \ XRAY T2'007 \ Also owned: XRAY NT1 & Mugen MTX-4
rmdhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 07:55 AM   #881
Tech Master

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
One thing to keep in mind with the VZW207, is that you have to file down the upper link on both ends so that you get the proper suspension movement. This is somewhat of a pain. Make sure you make an extra set or two ready, just in case it is damaged in a crash.
Thanks I did'nt know that I appreicate your knowledge I'll let you how it went I might have some other question later, I'm going to be adding some more upgrades to my car.
Old 12-28-2006, 08:59 PM   #882
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan Dickson
Thanks I did'nt know that I appreicate your knowledge I'll let you how it went I might have some other question later, I'm going to be adding some more upgrades to my car.
Ivan what have you done to ur car sofar?
carkillaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 12:36 AM   #883
Tech Master

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by carkillaii
Ivan what have you done to ur car sofar?
Nothing really just pick up VZW207 and blue brake lever today also plan to do some more upgrades in the coming weeks. you have any recomendations.
Old 12-30-2006, 08:52 AM   #884
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via Yahoo to speedy100
Default RRR-evo ???

I just ordered the rrr-evo through pro-futaba shop in japan. They came back to me that Kyosho has stopped making rrr-evo kit anymore. I wonder if kyosho would have a new version RRR.....?
speedy100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 06:46 PM   #885
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy100
I just ordered the rrr-evo through pro-futaba shop in japan. They came back to me that Kyosho has stopped making rrr-evo kit anymore. I wonder if kyosho would have a new version RRR.....?
I guess they stopped releasing the V1RRR EVO kit since they already released the V1RRR EVO WCE The EVO WCE would be the best buy since it includes hop-ups that the team used during the IFMAR 2006
doki_doki is offline   Reply With Quote