R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 12-05-2006, 03:24 PM   #751
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Guys I'm new to the RRR EVO WE, but I understand the setting on TC4... Some of these settings are not available so I'm a little confussed how to messure and make changes... My question, any one have a video or somethign that will show you how to make the changes and were they are at on the car? I get most of it, but some of this I don't get.. like mine only has a wire bar for the Rear Swaybar not the blade you can just twist...

Sorry for the dumb question, but we really do not have a RRR expert to show us things locally....
bvoltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 05:52 PM   #752
jag
Tech Master

Default EVO Bulkheads

I just got the new EVO rear bulkheads for my RRR WCE and I would like to know what is the stock mounting position for the upper link at the bulkhead? Are there other locations being used that work well?

Thanks
jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 06:24 PM   #753
Tech Addict

hi guys i just got my rrr evo and its great but our track is low grip and i wanted to try and lower front and rear roll center, but my old car was a cd3 and i didnt have roll ceter adjustment, where do i change for front and rear of this car to adjust it. thanks Marty
Mcfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 06:28 PM   #754
Tech Elite

I ve been using the Evo for last 3 months, one thing that i can never get to eliminate is the steering unbalance. My evo has got more left steering than right. I m using the stock set up and checked the servo throw is equal. I also checked the tweak on Hudy set up station. At the moment my cure is only to reduce servo EPA to the left however I just cant get more turn in steering to the right. Pls advice. Thanks.
Old 12-05-2006, 11:57 PM   #755
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

disconnect your sway bars and see if it makes any difference - my guess is your swaybars are tweaked
Old 12-06-2006, 04:45 AM   #756
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dameetz
I ve been using the Evo for last 3 months, one thing that i can never get to eliminate is the steering unbalance. My evo has got more left steering than right. I m using the stock set up and checked the servo throw is equal. I also checked the tweak on Hudy set up station. At the moment my cure is only to reduce servo EPA to the left however I just cant get more turn in steering to the right. Pls advice. Thanks.
Like SP Racer suggested. The first thing you should do is disconnect the swaybars. Set the droop properly. Then make sure that you have the same amount of front toe out, and front camber on each side. A Hudy guage makes this a breeze. Also make sure that all of your bearings are OK. A blown bearing can make this happen also. Check that the linkages are the proper length. I found that the manual #'s for steering rod length were perfect. Also make sure that the shocks did not leak. This can also make the problem you described above. Do the same front and rear. You will probably find your problem. If not let us know as there are more things that can cause this problem.
Old 12-06-2006, 04:49 AM   #757
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcfly
hi guys i just got my rrr evo and its great but our track is low grip and i wanted to try and lower front and rear roll center, but my old car was a cd3 and i didnt have roll ceter adjustment, where do i change for front and rear of this car to adjust it. thanks Marty
For low grip I think the front should go all the way up, and the rear all the way down. Not 100% sure though. It also depends on how it feels. I know raising the rear hinge pin makes the car looser, lowering the rear hinge pin makes the car push. Lowering the front upper hinge pin gives more steering, raising front upper pin makes the car push. Also try soft rear diff oil, like 10K. Hope this helps.
Old 12-06-2006, 08:03 AM   #758
Tech Addict

thanks for help grinder, will try. also i already am running 10k diff oil.
Old 12-06-2006, 09:39 PM   #759
Tech Addict

Grinder or anyone else im just still a little confused on where to make the changes for roll center on the front and rear of car, attached is couple of pics, on front where do you normally change rc A or B (or some where else if im wrong).
and rear C,D or E. and same as above please let me know if im way off the mark. thanks marty
Attached Thumbnails
Kyosho V-ONE RRR Evo-rc-front.jpg   Kyosho V-ONE RRR Evo-rc-rear.jpg  
Old 12-06-2006, 10:35 PM   #760
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp Racer
disconnect your sway bars and see if it makes any difference - my guess is your swaybars are tweaked
All this while my front sway bar is disconnected, at the rear I m currently using Kyosho option blade type sway bar set to flat (soft ). However before this I m using the stock wire type sway bar and it is still the same, the steering still more to the left.
Old 12-06-2006, 10:45 PM   #761
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder
Like SP Racer suggested. The first thing you should do is disconnect the swaybars. Set the droop properly. Then make sure that you have the same amount of front toe out, and front camber on each side. A Hudy guage makes this a breeze. Also make sure that all of your bearings are OK. A blown bearing can make this happen also. Check that the linkages are the proper length. I found that the manual #'s for steering rod length were perfect. Also make sure that the shocks did not leak. This can also make the problem you described above. Do the same front and rear. You will probably find your problem. If not let us know as there are more things that can cause this problem.
I rebuilt my shocks twice already using vacuum pump (I do take time on this because I want it to be perfect) I even swap left to right shocks just to see if that make the problem. I will check the linkages again today. I wonder if the linkage length from the servo to the steering bellcrank does make any difference? At the moment my servo arm is set 90deg vertical and the rod is set so that the you can see the screw under the hole when you look at from the top of upper deck.
Old 12-07-2006, 05:11 AM   #762
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to ianhobbies
Default VONE RRR EVO

NEW VONE RRR EVO PART RELEASED

VZW223

THIS WAS USED BY THE FACTORY DRIVERS IN THE RECENT WORLDS
Attached Thumbnails
Kyosho V-ONE RRR Evo-vzw223.jpeg  
Old 12-07-2006, 05:35 AM   #763
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcfly
Grinder or anyone else im just still a little confused on where to make the changes for roll center on the front and rear of car, attached is couple of pics, on front where do you normally change rc A or B (or some where else if im wrong).
and rear C,D or E. and same as above please let me know if im way off the mark. thanks marty
Roll center changes location B&D
look @ the manual for the different inserts that make's roll center adjustments
2017 U.S.World Nitro Cup Nov 29th - Dec 3rd
U.S.Open Fuel Championship Returning soon
GMartinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 06:08 AM   #764
Tech Addict

thanks 710
Old 12-07-2006, 06:58 AM   #765
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)