R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-05-2006, 03:24 PM   #751
Tech Elite
 
bvoltz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Bedtime with Teddi
Posts: 3,635
Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default

Guys I'm new to the RRR EVO WE, but I understand the setting on TC4... Some of these settings are not available so I'm a little confussed how to messure and make changes... My question, any one have a video or somethign that will show you how to make the changes and were they are at on the car? I get most of it, but some of this I don't get.. like mine only has a wire bar for the Rear Swaybar not the blade you can just twist...

Sorry for the dumb question, but we really do not have a RRR expert to show us things locally....
bvoltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 05:52 PM   #752
jag
Tech Master
 
jag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: So. Florida
Posts: 1,168
Default EVO Bulkheads

I just got the new EVO rear bulkheads for my RRR WCE and I would like to know what is the stock mounting position for the upper link at the bulkhead? Are there other locations being used that work well?

Thanks
jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 06:24 PM   #753
Tech Addict
 
Mcfly's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Townsville, Queensland
Posts: 533
Default

hi guys i just got my rrr evo and its great but our track is low grip and i wanted to try and lower front and rear roll center, but my old car was a cd3 and i didnt have roll ceter adjustment, where do i change for front and rear of this car to adjust it. thanks Marty
Mcfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 06:28 PM   #754
Tech Elite
 
dameetz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: The Sky
Posts: 2,542
Default

I ve been using the Evo for last 3 months, one thing that i can never get to eliminate is the steering unbalance. My evo has got more left steering than right. I m using the stock set up and checked the servo throw is equal. I also checked the tweak on Hudy set up station. At the moment my cure is only to reduce servo EPA to the left however I just cant get more turn in steering to the right. Pls advice. Thanks.
__________________
Dudududududuuuuuu.....
dameetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 11:57 PM   #755
Tech Master
 
Sp Racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 1,624
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

disconnect your sway bars and see if it makes any difference - my guess is your swaybars are tweaked
__________________
10 yrs on RC tech ! wow....
Sp Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 04:45 AM   #756
Tech Master
 
Grinder's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 1,857
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dameetz
I ve been using the Evo for last 3 months, one thing that i can never get to eliminate is the steering unbalance. My evo has got more left steering than right. I m using the stock set up and checked the servo throw is equal. I also checked the tweak on Hudy set up station. At the moment my cure is only to reduce servo EPA to the left however I just cant get more turn in steering to the right. Pls advice. Thanks.
Like SP Racer suggested. The first thing you should do is disconnect the swaybars. Set the droop properly. Then make sure that you have the same amount of front toe out, and front camber on each side. A Hudy guage makes this a breeze. Also make sure that all of your bearings are OK. A blown bearing can make this happen also. Check that the linkages are the proper length. I found that the manual #'s for steering rod length were perfect. Also make sure that the shocks did not leak. This can also make the problem you described above. Do the same front and rear. You will probably find your problem. If not let us know as there are more things that can cause this problem.
__________________
www.murnanmodified.com
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 04:49 AM   #757
Tech Master
 
Grinder's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 1,857
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcfly
hi guys i just got my rrr evo and its great but our track is low grip and i wanted to try and lower front and rear roll center, but my old car was a cd3 and i didnt have roll ceter adjustment, where do i change for front and rear of this car to adjust it. thanks Marty
For low grip I think the front should go all the way up, and the rear all the way down. Not 100% sure though. It also depends on how it feels. I know raising the rear hinge pin makes the car looser, lowering the rear hinge pin makes the car push. Lowering the front upper hinge pin gives more steering, raising front upper pin makes the car push. Also try soft rear diff oil, like 10K. Hope this helps.
__________________
www.murnanmodified.com
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 08:03 AM   #758
Tech Addict
 
Mcfly's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Townsville, Queensland
Posts: 533
Default

thanks for help grinder, will try. also i already am running 10k diff oil.
Mcfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 09:39 PM   #759
Tech Addict
 
Mcfly's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Townsville, Queensland
Posts: 533
Default

Grinder or anyone else im just still a little confused on where to make the changes for roll center on the front and rear of car, attached is couple of pics, on front where do you normally change rc A or B (or some where else if im wrong).
and rear C,D or E. and same as above please let me know if im way off the mark. thanks marty
Attached Thumbnails
Kyosho V-ONE RRR Evo-rc-front.jpg   Kyosho V-ONE RRR Evo-rc-rear.jpg  
Mcfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 10:35 PM   #760
Tech Elite
 
dameetz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: The Sky
Posts: 2,542
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp Racer
disconnect your sway bars and see if it makes any difference - my guess is your swaybars are tweaked
All this while my front sway bar is disconnected, at the rear I m currently using Kyosho option blade type sway bar set to flat (soft ). However before this I m using the stock wire type sway bar and it is still the same, the steering still more to the left.
__________________
Dudududududuuuuuu.....
dameetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 10:45 PM   #761
Tech Elite
 
dameetz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: The Sky
Posts: 2,542
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder
Like SP Racer suggested. The first thing you should do is disconnect the swaybars. Set the droop properly. Then make sure that you have the same amount of front toe out, and front camber on each side. A Hudy guage makes this a breeze. Also make sure that all of your bearings are OK. A blown bearing can make this happen also. Check that the linkages are the proper length. I found that the manual #'s for steering rod length were perfect. Also make sure that the shocks did not leak. This can also make the problem you described above. Do the same front and rear. You will probably find your problem. If not let us know as there are more things that can cause this problem.
I rebuilt my shocks twice already using vacuum pump (I do take time on this because I want it to be perfect) I even swap left to right shocks just to see if that make the problem. I will check the linkages again today. I wonder if the linkage length from the servo to the steering bellcrank does make any difference? At the moment my servo arm is set 90deg vertical and the rod is set so that the you can see the screw under the hole when you look at from the top of upper deck.
__________________
Dudududududuuuuuu.....
dameetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 05:11 AM   #762
Tech Master
 
ianhobbies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Costa Del Sol, Marbella, Spain www.bradir.net
Posts: 1,456
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to ianhobbies
Default VONE RRR EVO

NEW VONE RRR EVO PART RELEASED

VZW223

THIS WAS USED BY THE FACTORY DRIVERS IN THE RECENT WORLDS
Attached Thumbnails
Kyosho V-ONE RRR Evo-vzw223.jpeg  
__________________
WWW.BRADIR.NET - The Radio Control Motorsport Blog! / twitter @ianhobbies
ianhobbies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 05:35 AM   #763
Tech Champion
 
GMartinez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Sunshine State
Posts: 8,161
Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcfly
Grinder or anyone else im just still a little confused on where to make the changes for roll center on the front and rear of car, attached is couple of pics, on front where do you normally change rc A or B (or some where else if im wrong).
and rear C,D or E. and same as above please let me know if im way off the mark. thanks marty
Roll center changes location B&D
look @ the manual for the different inserts that make's roll center adjustments
__________________
www.fullthrottlercraceway.com
Home of The U.S. World Nitro Cup 2013,2014,2015,2016
2014 Roar Electric Nationals, IFMAR ISTC Worlds, 2015 Roar Fuel Nationals
2017 U.S.World Nitro Cup Nov 29th - Dec 3rd
U.S.Open Fuel Championship Returning soon
GMartinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 06:08 AM   #764
Tech Addict
 
Mcfly's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Townsville, Queensland
Posts: 533
Default

thanks 710
Mcfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 06:58 AM   #765
Tech Champion
 
GMartinez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Sunshine State
Posts: 8,161
Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcfly
thanks 710
anytime
another suggestion for roll center low traction track try
middle in the front good starting point for low or high bite
rear 2nd position from bottom low/med bite tracks
go with grinders recommendation on 10,000 for the rear diff
let us know when you test it out
__________________
www.fullthrottlercraceway.com
Home of The U.S. World Nitro Cup 2013,2014,2015,2016
2014 Roar Electric Nationals, IFMAR ISTC Worlds, 2015 Roar Fuel Nationals
2017 U.S.World Nitro Cup Nov 29th - Dec 3rd
U.S.Open Fuel Championship Returning soon
GMartinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FOR SALE - Mugen MBX5T ProSpec and Kyosho STR with chassis conversion and Kyosho big MattWells R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 04-28-2017 10:25 AM
1986 1/12 Kyosho Plazma MKIII With Kyosho LeMan 600E Motor Funkymojo R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 05-17-2012 11:11 AM
Custom painted Kyosho SP2 and Kyosho STRR bodies.... RC3 Graphics SWEET W/ PICS CRFXXXT R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 1 01-07-2008 07:38 PM
MACH. 28/NEW PS, KYOSHO MINI INFERNO ST/W/3NEW IB1400 8 CELL PACKS, KYOSHO 1./8 BUGGY newbie2 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 11-18-2007 06:07 PM
Convert Kyosho Quick Start system on Kyosho QRC to Pullstart Morpheus2be Monster Trucks 0 02-16-2005 11:26 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 02:23 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net