R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 11-14-2006, 05:54 PM   #676
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Sorry to ask, but what is the summary version... the difference between the v1rrrwc and evo edition?
bvoltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 06:16 PM   #677
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by doki_doki
i'm also using protofrom dodge stratus 3.1 body. i'm running my rear diff at 5K and for the tires 40shore front and rear. by the way, how is your osspeed engine performing? can it keep up with the italians?
We dont really have many italian motors here.. All that race are the STS, OS TZ and Sirio evo engines. The Speed stuned seems to keep up with and go better than the STS and TZ and it keeps up with the Sirio evo 3 & STi.. Not too bad at all
rayjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 06:22 PM   #678
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvoltz
Sorry to ask, but what is the summary version... the difference between the v1rrrwc and evo edition?
Handling wise not much, but here is the list that are different:
shocks
no cvd unless it is an EVO WC
brake hub is aluminum
disc brake
throttle servo mounted upright
receiver on the side
radio tray
I might have missed something, but that is the majority of the list.
Team Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 06:48 PM   #679

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyoshoEvo35
I just bought the EVO... what would you guys recommend be the first upgrade i do to the car? Universals...etc etc

thx
How much and where?
COREX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 07:04 PM   #680
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Actually Im thinking of trading one of my offroad buggies for the regular v1rrr, with the jp .12fx. So you guys would stay away from it then
Old 11-14-2006, 07:14 PM   #681
Tech Rookie

I bought my EVO here:

www.kamikazercracing.com

The price is on the site..... or you can call or email Sam at Kamikaze.
KyoshoEvo35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 10:42 PM   #682
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Slo-MTX4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayjay
We dont really have many italian motors here.. All that race are the STS, OS TZ and Sirio evo engines. The Speed stuned seems to keep up with and go better than the STS and TZ and it keeps up with the Sirio evo 3 & STi.. Not too bad at all
Says he who hasnt even raced the engine yet!!!!! And considering the track we have with the short straight, you cant tell the difference between any of the above mentioned engines.

PODIFIED ENGINES/Trackside RC
Slo-MTX4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 12:01 AM   #683
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Kamikaze
Handling wise not much, but here is the list that are different:
shocks
no cvd unless it is an EVO WC
brake hub is aluminum
disc brake
throttle servo mounted upright
receiver on the side
radio tray
I might have missed something, but that is the majority of the list.
also the rear shaft is easier to pull out because the rear pulley is held onto the shaft by a grub screw-much easier to change belts and bearings!
ae_ntc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 04:35 AM   #684
Tech Master

Send a message via Yahoo to fritzD

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony montana
Actually Im thinking of trading one of my offroad buggies for the regular v1rrr, with the jp .12fx. So you guys would stay away from it then
hmmm, you can get the Evo conversion... that will be good enough with your regular rrr.
fritzD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 06:03 AM   #685
Tech Regular

Hi Guys,

I need some help please. I'm starting to build my RRR Evo WCE and I'm stuck on the very first step.

It says in the manual, when building the rear gear diff that after you put the o ring in each side of the diff case "apply instant glue". After looking on the webiste, its the same in the manual for the RRR WCE too and therefore I'm guessing the Evo so I guess you've all been through this...

Um, I'm not sure what exactly I'm meant to glue, am I meant to glue the shim that covers the o ring to the casing to protect the o ring or am I meant to glue the o ring to the case itself???

Both these ideas seem rather odd. Any help would be much appreciated..

Steve
Gambelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 06:57 AM   #686
Tech Master

Send a message via Yahoo to fritzD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambelli
Hi Guys,

I need some help please. I'm starting to build my RRR Evo WCE and I'm stuck on the very first step.

It says in the manual, when building the rear gear diff that after you put the o ring in each side of the diff case "apply instant glue". After looking on the webiste, its the same in the manual for the RRR WCE too and therefore I'm guessing the Evo so I guess you've all been through this...

Um, I'm not sure what exactly I'm meant to glue, am I meant to glue the shim that covers the o ring to the casing to protect the o ring or am I meant to glue the o ring to the case itself???

Steve

you dont really need to put instant glue. never did that and never had any problems.
fritzD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 07:40 AM   #687
jag
Tech Master

Quote:
Hi Guys,

Steve
No glue. Just make sure the O-ring is installed correctly or all your oil will leak out.
jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 02:41 PM   #688
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayjay
i see... are you using the stock gears (pinion and spurs) that came with the kit?
doki_doki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 02:47 PM   #689
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Hi Guys,

Steve
well, i didn't put instant glue when assembling my differentials. what i did was that i followed the instructions as to what level i fill the differentials with differential oil, placed the o-rong in place and carefully put the cover over seeing to it that the o-ring kept in place. this is very important since if the o-ring is not placed properly, all your differential oil will leak and cause a mess
doki_doki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 03:04 PM   #690
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slo-MTX4
Says he who hasnt even raced the engine yet!!!!! And considering the track we have with the short straight, you cant tell the difference between any of the above mentioned engines.
Says the jelous Mugen driver.. Has no idea about Kyosho quality i think.. I have ran the motor and it seems to go as good as the Sirio...
rayjay is offline   Reply With Quote