R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 11-08-2006, 02:48 AM   #646
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to fritzD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Widow
u mean decrease when coning gets larger inside?
ya, either way.
fritzD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 03:25 PM   #647
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITO NIEVES
Thanks, Im use 30k rear diff, i`m try 10k, and more toe, and i tell you.
I also race on a very low grip track. Another good recomendation is to buy a good body. I am using the Protoform Dodge Stratus 3.1 at the moment and i find the car grips to the road that little bit better. I think the Mazda 6 shell is pretty good as well. Next i would play around with tyre grip and i would say 37's front and rear would go not too bad as well. You could maybe even go 7K rear diff oil.
rayjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 04:03 AM   #648
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayjay
I also race on a very low grip track. Another good recomendation is to buy a good body. I am using the Protoform Dodge Stratus 3.1 at the moment and i find the car grips to the road that little bit better. I think the Mazda 6 shell is pretty good as well. Next i would play around with tyre grip and i would say 37's front and rear would go not too bad as well. You could maybe even go 7K rear diff oil.
i'm also using protofrom dodge stratus 3.1 body. i'm running my rear diff at 5K and for the tires 40shore front and rear. by the way, how is your osspeed engine performing? can it keep up with the italians?
doki_doki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 01:27 PM   #649
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

RRR / RRR WCE versus RRR Evo / RRR WEvo (WCE + Evo conversion kit)

For those of you that use to drive a RRR or RRR WCE and have switched or upgraded to an Evo or WEvo, the questions I have for you are:

Are you any faster on the track? If so, how much faster?

Thanks!
Kyosho V-ONE RRR WC (x2) \ XRAY T2'007 \ Also owned: XRAY NT1 & Mugen MTX-4
rmdhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 02:14 PM   #650
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambelli
Hi Guys,

As mentioned, I have received my RRR Evo WCE, however the supplement it came with is in Japanese.

One is the setup sheet which I downloaded off Kyosho America, but the other (see attached pic) I think might be either a setup guide or some such. Does anyone have an English version they can send me or I can download? I assume it would be very similar, or the same, as one provided in the Evo or WCE kits

Ta

Steve
I was looking for this too. Does anybody that knows Japanese can translate for us?
jeff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 04:19 PM   #651
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by doki_doki
i'm also using protofrom dodge stratus 3.1 body. i'm running my rear diff at 5K and for the tires 40shore front and rear. by the way, how is your osspeed engine performing? can it keep up with the italians?
I only just got the engine with the car and am in the middle of running it in. I will let you know when i race with it next. I saw a proper dyno print out of some engines and it rated pretty good. They say its only 1.0?hp. It was up against nova ll3, jp, sirio ect. It beat all the novarossi and jp motors and the only one that probably got it was the sirio evo 3 modified. It beat it by about .03hp or something like that but i thought the torque curve on the OS speed was a little smoother. I will let you know how it goes anyway.
Old 11-09-2006, 07:05 PM   #652
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (93%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmdhawaii

For those of you that use to drive a RRR or RRR WCE and have switched or upgraded to an Evo or WEvo, the questions I have for you are:

Thanks!

looking at the results from the brendale worlds this year, all the top drivers switched to the lay down servo when the grip started to come up. so i guess the evo could be more suited to a low traction track ? just my 2 cents
mrgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 07:40 PM   #653
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgsr
looking at the results from the brendale worlds this year, all the top drivers switched to the lay down servo when the grip started to come up. so i guess the evo could be more suited to a low traction track ? just my 2 cents
The evo radio tray has more weight placed towards the rear.This weight sometimes (depending on track) takes too long to transfer onto the front wheels. thats why they changed to laydown servo configuration because the weight is already on the front tyres!
everything else on their cars was EVO
ae_ntc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 07:43 PM   #654
Tech Addict

Quote:

Thanks!
i switched from a standard rrr to a brand new evo kit and im not faster but more consistent.This is because the car is easier to drive meaning i can concentrate on the race and don't have to worry about keeping my car on the asphalt.
ae_ntc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 10:09 PM   #655
Tech Rookie

I am considering on getting the this car, can anyone give me the pros and cons of this car (if there is any cons)?
KyoshoEvo35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 05:25 AM   #656
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayjay
I only just got the engine with the car and am in the middle of running it in. I will let you know when i race with it next. I saw a proper dyno print out of some engines and it rated pretty good. They say its only 1.0?hp. It was up against nova ll3, jp, sirio ect. It beat all the novarossi and jp motors and the only one that probably got it was the sirio evo 3 modified. It beat it by about .03hp or something like that but i thought the torque curve on the OS speed was a little smoother. I will let you know how it goes anyway.
ok thanks can you post the link of this dyno testing of the osspeed engine?
Old 11-10-2006, 12:18 PM   #657
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by doki_doki
ok thanks can you post the link of this dyno testing of the osspeed engine?
Here you go:

http://www.nitrodynesystems.com/OS_TZ_Speed_12.JPG
Old 11-10-2006, 12:25 PM   #658
Tech Elite

BTW, Brian Kinney (aka mxwrench) from NitroDyne Systems wrote a review of the OS Speed which appeared in Xtreme RC Cars, Oct 06. It's his dyno graph.
Old 11-11-2006, 03:41 AM   #659
Tech Elite

Quote:
ok thanks for posting the link and for the information about the published article in xtreme rc cars downside is that this magazine is not available locally
Old 11-12-2006, 06:01 PM   #660
Tech Adept

As mentioned i just bought the Evo WC edition. Im on a small track at the moment and speed and take off are fine.. I was just wondering is it going to be more beneficial to change any of the pulley's or gears on the car to help when i move onto a bigger more free flowing track whick requires more top speed. If so... Any suggestions??