R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-25-2006, 06:23 PM   #436
jag
Tech Master
 
jag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: So. Florida
Posts: 1,168
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by doki_doki
last but not the least, here are pictures of the kfactory chassis it incorporates carbon fiber material into areas that have less stress on it also noticed that the area on the bottom of the engine has larger holes for better cooling of the engine if you could notice, i also ditched the stock 2 piece engine mount for a kyosho 1 piece engine mount the 1 piece engine mount in my opinion adds overall rigidity to the chassis may it be stock or aftermarket chassis



That thing looks very nice... now go out and get it dirty.
jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 07:17 PM   #437
Tech Master
 
ianhobbies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Costa Del Sol, Marbella, Spain www.bradir.net
Posts: 1,456
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to ianhobbies
Default mid block

doki- how much score mo sa mid block?
__________________
WWW.BRADIR.NET - The Radio Control Motorsport Blog! / twitter @ianhobbies
ianhobbies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 07:26 PM   #438
Tech Elite
 
SOLOARTIST 702's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: WORLD WIDE
Posts: 3,393
Send a message via AIM to SOLOARTIST 702
Default hmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by doki_doki
last but not the least, here are pictures of the kfactory chassis it incorporates carbon fiber material into areas that have less stress on it also noticed that the area on the bottom of the engine has larger holes for better cooling of the engine if you could notice, i also ditched the stock 2 piece engine mount for a kyosho 1 piece engine mount the 1 piece engine mount in my opinion adds overall rigidity to the chassis may it be stock or aftermarket chassis



now you need some battle scars chicks dig um
__________________
RC AMERICA / XRAY / HUDY/ MATRIX TIRES /KOPROPO / ORCAN GT3 /RED CUP RACING MEMBER / SPEEWORLD RACEWAY/ A+ performance parts /IVE SEEN THE XRAY TEAM DRIVE SO I GOT XRAY CARS / better to keep up than to catch up

WILLIAM PENDERGRASS
SOLOARTIST 702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 07:39 PM   #439
Tech Master
 
buboy28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: manila,philippines
Posts: 1,601
Send a message via AIM to buboy28 Send a message via Yahoo to buboy28
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianhobbies
doki- how much score mo sa mid block?
i think its around 1,550pesos ( US $30)
buboy28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 07:43 PM   #440
Tech Master
 
buboy28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: manila,philippines
Posts: 1,601
Send a message via AIM to buboy28 Send a message via Yahoo to buboy28
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by doki_doki
last but not the least, here are pictures of the kfactory chassis it incorporates carbon fiber material into areas that have less stress on it also noticed that the area on the bottom of the engine has larger holes for better cooling of the engine if you could notice, i also ditched the stock 2 piece engine mount for a kyosho 1 piece engine mount the 1 piece engine mount in my opinion adds overall rigidity to the chassis may it be stock or aftermarket chassis



doki: is that the 3mm or the 4mm k-factory chassis that you are using
buboy28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 10:47 PM   #441
Tech Elite
 
doki_doki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Cebu City, Philippines and Ocala, Florida, USA
Posts: 3,840
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jag
That thing looks very nice... now go out and get it dirty.
i just did... noticed that the kfactory chassis is a bit harder compared to the stock chassis. just suffered minor scratches on the chassis as compared to the stock chassis. i guess that hard anodizing part had to do with that
doki_doki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 10:50 PM   #442
Tech Elite
 
doki_doki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Cebu City, Philippines and Ocala, Florida, USA
Posts: 3,840
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianhobbies
doki- how much score mo sa mid block?
got it for P1550 the package already comes with a shorter middle shaft, e-clips, 3 machine hex screws, 1 set screw this upgrade is way lighter compared to the stock middle block and shaft in my opinion what i really like about this is that it is way much easier to remove the front drive belt. no more e-clips to remove
doki_doki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 10:52 PM   #443
Tech Elite
 
doki_doki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Cebu City, Philippines and Ocala, Florida, USA
Posts: 3,840
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by buboy28
doki: is that the 3mm or the 4mm k-factory chassis that you are using
3mm k-factory chassis. i noticed that the chassis is lighter compared to the stock chassis
doki_doki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 07:03 PM   #444
Tech Master
 
SRAD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: California
Posts: 1,047
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Hello all.....just picked up a used but in great condition WCE and want to know what hobby shops in the So. Cal area stock parts for this car? I live near Bakersfield so if I go into the LA area to get parts I would like to know that the shop I go to will have most of the basic parts I need such as belts, suspension arms, pinions, and gears etc. Hop up parts would be nice too....but any help would be nice as I might try to shop for this stuff this weekend. It's a long drive for me to come up empty handed. Thanks all
SRAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 08:40 AM   #445
Tech Master
 
ianhobbies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Costa Del Sol, Marbella, Spain www.bradir.net
Posts: 1,456
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to ianhobbies
Default mid block

Quote:
Originally Posted by doki_doki
got it for P1550 the package already comes with a shorter middle shaft, e-clips, 3 machine hex screws, 1 set screw this upgrade is way lighter compared to the stock middle block and shaft in my opinion what i really like about this is that it is way much easier to remove the front drive belt. no more e-clips to remove
is it compatible to the stock chassis?

tnx

ian
__________________
WWW.BRADIR.NET - The Radio Control Motorsport Blog! / twitter @ianhobbies
ianhobbies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 10:39 PM   #446
Tech Elite
 
doki_doki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Cebu City, Philippines and Ocala, Florida, USA
Posts: 3,840
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianhobbies
is it compatible to the stock chassis?

tnx

ian
it's not really a direct fit. what you can do is drill a small hole in the chassis. if you want, i can try to post pics and make measurements of the distance from the edge of the stock chassis as to where to make the hole. the kfactory middle block has 3 mounting screws. will try to post close-up pics of the kfactory chassis emphasizing the middle block area... will keep you posted..
doki_doki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 07:39 AM   #447
Tech Adept
 
etgdpu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Greece
Posts: 141
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by etgdpu
Hello,
I noticed that the new published setups for EVO use bigger tire diameters, i.e. 64/62 or 63/61.
I tried the 64/62 in a friendly race event and I had a better feeling than the 62/60.
What are your experiences/thought/ advices?
Thanks
Anybody, any comment? Do you keep cutting 62/60 or 64/62?
Thanks
__________________
The intelligent can become anyone, anyone can not become intelligent.
etgdpu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 08:18 AM   #448
Tech Elite
 
rmdhawaii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3,804
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by etgdpu
Anybody, any comment? Do you keep cutting 62/60 or 64/62?
Thanks
For racing 60F/62R is the correct split, but you have to consider length of the race and tire wear and adjust accordingly.
__________________
Nitro Knowledge Base: http://nitrokb.netne.net
My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/nitrokb -> Lots of on-road nitro & eletric action + some off-road as well
My Flickr Photostream: http://www.flickr.com/photos/nitrokb/
Kyosho V-ONE RRR WC (x2) \ XRAY T2'007 \ Also owned: XRAY NT1 & Mugen MTX-4
rmdhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 09:42 AM   #449
Tech Addict
 
ShermanSim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Orange County CA.
Posts: 744
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default hobby shop

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRAD
Hello all.....just picked up a used but in great condition WCE and want to know what hobby shops in the So. Cal area stock parts for this car? I live near Bakersfield so if I go into the LA area to get parts I would like to know that the shop I go to will have most of the basic parts I need such as belts, suspension arms, pinions, and gears etc. Hop up parts would be nice too....but any help would be nice as I might try to shop for this stuff this weekend. It's a long drive for me to come up empty handed. Thanks all

Try, www.kamikazetoysandhobbies.com
they are located in south east of Los Angeles, in Orange. give them a call
they have all the stock and hop ups parts for Kyosho, Mugen and Serpent.
__________________
Serpent America, 977 KO Radio, Nova Rossi Engine, Kosmic Fuel
ShermanSim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 10:11 AM   #450
Tech Regular
 
RRRoy23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: California
Posts: 369
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by doki_doki
it's not really a direct fit. what you can do is drill a small hole in the chassis. if you want, i can try to post pics and make measurements of the distance from the edge of the stock chassis as to where to make the hole. the kfactory middle block has 3 mounting screws. will try to post close-up pics of the kfactory chassis emphasizing the middle block area... will keep you posted..
Tol, guwapong guapo kotse natin ah.

Roy
__________________
ARC R11, UF1 Team Force India, Tamiya F104 PRO Black
RRRoy23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FOR SALE - Mugen MBX5T ProSpec and Kyosho STR with chassis conversion and Kyosho big MattWells R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 04-28-2017 10:25 AM
1986 1/12 Kyosho Plazma MKIII With Kyosho LeMan 600E Motor Funkymojo R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 05-17-2012 11:11 AM
Custom painted Kyosho SP2 and Kyosho STRR bodies.... RC3 Graphics SWEET W/ PICS CRFXXXT R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 1 01-07-2008 07:38 PM
MACH. 28/NEW PS, KYOSHO MINI INFERNO ST/W/3NEW IB1400 8 CELL PACKS, KYOSHO 1./8 BUGGY newbie2 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 11-18-2007 06:07 PM
Convert Kyosho Quick Start system on Kyosho QRC to Pullstart Morpheus2be Monster Trucks 0 02-16-2005 11:26 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 08:03 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net